Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

• 22-03-2019 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭

Teaser trailer just released, game launching Q1 2020 on PC, PS4 and Xbox. Can not wait!

IGN Preview
    https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/03/21/vampire-bloodlines-2-demo-preview-reveal

Sired in an act of vampire terrorism, your existence ignites the war for Seattle's blood trade. Enter uneasy alliances with the creatures who control the city and uncover the sprawling conspiracy which plunged Seattle into a bloody civil war between powerful vampire factions.

Become the Ultimate Vampire
    Immerse yourself in the World of Darkness and live out your vampire fantasy in a city filled with intriguing characters that react to your choices. You and your unique disciplines are a weapon in our forward-driving, fast-moving, melee-focussed combat system. Your power will grow as you advance, but remember to uphold the Masquerade and guard your humanity... or face the consequences.

Descend into Seattle’s Dark Heart and Survive the Vampire Elite
    Seattle has always been run by vampires. Hunt your prey across Seattle locations faithfully reimagined in the World of Darkness. Meet the old blood founders present since the city’s birth and the new blood steering the tech money redefining the city. Everyone has hidden agendas - so choose your allies wisely.

Enter into Uneasy Alliances
    Choose a side among competing factions, each with their own unique traits and stories, in the war for Seattle’s blood trade. The world will judge you by the company you keep, but remember no one’s hands stay clean forever.

Experience the Story
    Written by the creative mind behind the original Bloodlines, Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 brings the ambitions of the first game to life and sees the return of a few fan favorite characters.

Edition_Comparison_Chart_Steam.jpg

FirstBlood_Packages_Steam.jpg

UNSANCTIONED_HalfSize.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

oh yes please!!!
    16 years after the previous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I only played the first one a few years ago and really enjoyed it. If they can maintain the quality gameplay and do a good job modernizing it, all the better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted with this news. The first is fantastic, and with some of the original people involved, hopefully they will keep the feel of the previous games. Hope they keep how different the game can be with the different clans.

Also, maybe Jeanette will be back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Already available to pre-order on GOG, so not an Epic Store exclusive... yet.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to this, must be about 12 years since I last played the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Already available to pre-order on GOG, so not an Epic Store exclusive... yet.

:pac:

Preorder up on Steam as well, a dev had said they would do their best not to be exclusive.

I think I'd prefer a 3rd person mode like Vampyr but can understand them using 1st person for immersion. I'd love to see the demo that was shown to media, just to get a glimpse of what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,968 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

THis game is going to get sh1t on - you can set up your human character as non-binary and chose your pro nouns.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>No gameplay
    >Already has a Season's Pass
    >Already has STORY CONTENT locked behind DLC

F Ú C K O F F

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Apart from all usual DLC bull****, that this thing is going to be so neutered and weak wristed to appease the sensibilities of *current year* hysterics that it will be a shadow of the original

One of my favourite PC games of all time, but yeah, they can **** OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bambi wrote: »
    Apart from all usual DLC bull****, that this thing is going to be so neutered and weak wristed to appease the sensibilities of *current year* hysterics that it will be a shadow of the original

One of my favourite PC games of all time, but yeah, they can **** OFF

Was there anything in the original that would particularly set off the Twitter brigade if it came out now? Not that I can think of.

Wooooweee are they kicking my enthusiasm in the nuts with this one:
    P07azvF.png

• Advertisement

Twitch stream of launch event done in the guise of a Tender meetup. Trailer is shown at 4 hours 3 minutes with a Q& A with devs after. If interested, about 3 hours 30 minutes in, it looks like the host announces Tender was setup for Vampires to feed on unsuspecting public but other vamps weren't too happy with it. If you have a Tender account, you can link it to Paradox and unlock DLC in game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399100804

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Twitch stream of launch event done in the guise of a Tender meetup. Trailer is shown at 4 hours 3 minutes with a Q& A with devs after. If interested, about 3 hours 30 minutes in, it looks like the host announces Tender was setup for Vampires to feed on unsuspecting public but other vamps weren't too happy with it. If you have a Tender account, you can link it to Paradox and unlock DLC in game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399100804

WTF is a Tender account.

And why would one need to link accounts to unlock BS in a game?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    WTF is a Tender account.

And why would one need to link accounts to unlock BS in a game?

Marketing app ongoing the last month to look like a dating app i think but people had figured out it was a marketing campaign to a possible Bloodlines 2. Basically finds your perfect match (to feed on). You can unlock a Tender t-shirt to wear in game as a little bonus, no big deal. Apparently in-game you can see what kind of blood people have using a sense mode, peoples emotions change the flavour and you can get an acquired taste. Apparently Tender hinted towards this without the whole blood sucking bit. Not sure fully about it as there's no way I'd be able to explain a made up dating app for vampires on my phone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Malkavians dialogue, and the reactions to it were one of the better parts. If you played a malkavians in a later play though you could see some of the prophetic meaning in it which looked like raving nonsense.
    malkavians are problematic now though.

Game will either get **** on by the morally superior or be ****.

Usually have my mind made up on either purchasing a game or not early, even if I don't plan on pre ordering. Will really have to see the response to this at release to decide.

Zillah wrote: »
    Was there anything in the original that would particularly set off the Twitter brigade if it came out now? Not that I can think of.

Wooooweee are they kicking my enthusiasm in the nuts with this one

You already have the likes of Polygon declaring the first one problematic due to sex workers, racial stereotypes and Malks possibly upsetting actual nutters, while pointedly expecting this one to "do better."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never played the original, whats it like?

It's showings its age badly but in terms of story dialouge and atmosphere its a classic

Ah Polygon, getting upset on the potential of people being upset...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Coming to console too nice.
    I'd heard about the original only a few months ago and thought it looked good, even if as said already it didn't age well.
    Will keep an eye out and hope it's good.

Love RPGs that aren't set in a medieval/fantasy setting.

Bambi wrote: »
    It's showings its age badly but in terms of story dialouge and atmosphere its a classic

I checked some of the cutscenes on Youtube there and WOW, I did not remember the models being so chunky and twitchy. It was released on the bloody source engine but it looks five years older than Half Life 2.

• Advertisement

I checked some of the cutscenes on Youtube there and WOW, I did not remember the models being so chunky and twitchy. It was released on the bloody source engine but it looks five years older than Half Life 2.

Half expect them to start the cutscenes in a t pose as they're loaded in. What got me is the cycling facial animations when you were talking to people.

It actually was released before Half life 2, and in fairness the source engine is what Apex and titan fall run on it had a bit of work done on it.

same day as hl2

I think it was the first game to be developed on Source and Valve screwed them over because HL was delayed so they didnt let them release it until after HL came out

I watched a let's play of bloodlines 1 last night. Wow, that has not aged well, should have stayed in my memory.

Devs joked about poor sales because they released the same day as half life 2 but don't have this problem this time, eh Valve?

All fun and games until Cyberpunk decides to release the same day..

Given the **** they're taking for their woke nonsense they might not need any competition to sink their sales :D

It's funny you mention how janky the original looks because that announcement footage for bloodlines 2 looks poor to me, very generic movement and that scrambling animation with the hands looks awful.

I'm not too pushed on what I've heard, PC/console release, controller support and fast moving emphasis on melee combat. Sounds like arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What "woke nonsense"?

They got accused of being alt rights, fascists, and white supremacist. They then bowed to the pressure, and went far the other way.

Most was nonsense, normal vampire tropes they got attached for. The masquerade for example is the laws that keep vampires secret, and people started calling it (irl) totalitarian hence the creators (irl) must be too.

One thing that did deserve flak for was a story they put out a while ago, one of the fictitious plot\historys is that the inquisition targeted vampires so did a lot of other pogroms and the like. So they applied the same to a modern event, that being recent murders in Chechnya of lgbt people.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Very good but you need a fan made patch to play, developers fcuked off fairly early after it was release.

Is this the same developers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Absolutely loved the lore and the story of the original , hope the sequel can be even half as good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Given my involvement in playing the RPG version here on Boards, would be bizarre if I wasn't excited for this :D

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is this the same developers?

Nope. The publisher is Paradox Interactive, who are very reliable (and acquired all of the White Wolf IP after all of the unpleasantness with CCP a few years ago), and a small developer (Hardsuit Labs) whom I have never heard of before, but they've got the main writer from the first game back, which is a very good sign.

Advertisement