Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick 2019

• 17-02-2019 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Odds on to do back to back all Ireland’s. Cruising through the league and getting better with each game...discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Road-Hog wrote:
    Odds on to do back to back all Ireland’s. Cruising through the league and getting better with each game...discuss

What bookies have them odds on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

2 years ago, tipp at this time were being lauded with their strength and depth.

Any of the games limerick play in the Munster championship are not certain wins.

I don’t think they’ll retain it

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

And the same was said about Galway this time last year. Can limerick keep up this level of performance for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Plus how bad are Kilkenny becoming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Plus how bad are Kilkenny becoming?

The supply chain has definitely dried up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    The supply chain has definitely dried up

Kilkenny are far from finish , this is a team that had 7 pts to spare again Cork and narrowly lost to Clare . They just came up against a side today that are a level above everyone else bar Galway imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭threeball

Road-Hog wrote: »

I can only see a very special team do back to back in the new format and I don't think thats Limerick. Lucky to be having one one the board getting let off the hook by Cork and meeting a desperately flat Galway in the final. I think even the great KK teams would struggle to do back to back in the current format especially with the number of quality teams around at the moment.

threeball wrote: »
    I can only see a very special team do back to back in the new format and I don't think thats Limerick. Lucky to be having one one the board getting let off the hook by Cork and meeting a desperately flat Galway in the final. I think even the great KK teams would struggle to do back to back in the current format especially with the number of quality teams around at the moment.

No fear of that Kilkenny team winning back to back All Irelands. That team would still be head and shoulders above everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭threeball

No fear of that Kilkenny team winning back to back All Irelands. That team would still be head and shoulders above everyone else

One thing being the best team. Being able to sustain that level for 10 games year after year is far more difficult. KK used to have Liam raised in 4 with one of those games normally a gimme.

One thing being the best team. Being able to sustain that level for 10 games year after year is far more difficult. KK used to have Liam raised in 4 with one of those games normally a gimme.

It was alot easier to win All Ireland back then no doubt. Still think with the depth in talent Kilkenny possesed in the noughties we would do back to back in the current format. Would we do 4 in a row? Probably not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭pajoguy

It was alot easier to win All Ireland back then no doubt. Still think with the depth in talent Kilkenny possesed in the noughties we would do back to back in the current format. Would we do 4 in a row? Probably not

Its very hard to compare. Its a completely different game to the mid 00's when they were unbeatable.
    Kilkenny were always able to play off the cuff. They had players that could win their own ball. And throw it over without a second thought.
    A combination of not being able to do that anymore and the game bypassing cody is making them look like a very poor set up at this stage.
    When u have the success they have had its very easy take the eye of the ball and assume u will always have the talent coming through.

Limerick will find it hard to keep this up but at least we are giving all the players chances. The players not on the 26 are training instead at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Road-Hog wrote: »

Last time I checked, Limerick were 4th favourites for the A.I.
    Behind Galway,Tipp and Cork and more or less level with Clare,Kilkenny and Waterford. What bookie are you using?
    Tommy Walshe reckons Galway are a complete cert to contest the A.I. final with Tipp or Clare as opponents. Jackie Tyrell (i think it was him) wrote that 8 teams have a better chance than Limerick, actually having them just above Carlow.
    Getting out of Munster alone will be a huge challenge for Limerick as the other 4 teams seeing themselves as superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

Very true, on the flip side it gives teams (outside the big 3) if they are good enough a better chance of winning, IMO Waterford would have had a few AI's in the past decade or so if this was in place
    I don't believe Limerick will be back to back winners... but they've as much of a chance as the other 5 or 6...

LMK wrote: »
    Very true, on the flip side it gives teams (outside the big 3) if they are good enough a better chance of winning, IMO Waterford would have had a few AI's in the past decade or so if this was in place
    I don't believe Limerick will be back to back winners... but they've as much of a chance as the other 5 or 6...

I'd go along with that, with the proviso that it's easier to get out of Leinster than Munster. There is really nothing between the 5 (hurling) teams in Munster at the minute. 2 very good sides will be knocked out early (just like last year) and it could be any two of five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭High bike

I'd go along with that, with the proviso that it's easier to get out of Leinster than Munster. There is really nothing between the 5 (hurling) teams in Munster at the minute. 2 very good sides will be knocked out early (just like last year) and it could be any two of five.
    very true 2 good teams will be knocked out early but limerick won’t be one of them,if anything they have a better draw this year with cork and Clare at home and why would they fear going to thurles when they always give a good account of themselves there against tipp

High bike wrote: »
    very true 2 good teams will be knocked out early but limerick won’t be one of them,if anything they have a better draw this year with cork and Clare at home and why would they fear going to thurles when they always give a good account of themselves there against tipp

No point trying to predict it, imo. I've never seen Clare or Cork particularly worried about playing in the Gaelic Grounds. I really do think any 2 of the 5 could be gone (albeit I think the lack of a home venue must harm Waterford to some extent).

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

If Waterford get their two games at home which they will apparently then I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out. It's early doors to predict anything but I think Limerick will emerge from Munster.
    One point on today. They only area that Limerick lost was the 'rucks' . It's one area that Kilkenny remain supreme. Ones a ruck forms they get lower body position than the opposition and then they are hard to shift. Alot of the Limerick players are too upright when battling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

Very good laochra Gael show on Andrew o shaughnessy. Unreal to think he was only 22 in 2007 run to all Ireland. Started so young you’d think he was older then.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Greensoup wrote: »
    Very good laochra Gael show on Andrew o shaughnessy. Unreal to think he was only 22 in 2007 run to all Ireland. Started so young you’d think he was older then.

In my opinion the best forward I've seen play for Limerick, he was electric. My hero growing up! The buzz Everytime the ball came close to him was something else pity he never got any decent ball into him ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Greensoup wrote:

16 when he made his senior inter county debut. Madness when you think back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

In my opinion the best forward I've seen play for Limerick, he was electric. My hero growing up! The buzz Everytime the ball came close to him was something else pity he never got any decent ball into him ha

He was electric alright, imagine what he coild do with the quality of ball that limerick deliver to thd forwards nowadays, was often ploughing a lone furrow up front, still 3 u21 all Irelands a 1 or 2 colleges ai was a good return for a too short career

Advertisement