Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kinvara village - tourism magnet with a third world road surface

Options
  • 15-08-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

I had not been to Kinvara for some time - I am in shock - the road through this picturesque tourist village is Third World standard. Considering that it is a Burren Gateway and has the Castle, it is incredible that the road surface from one end of the town to the other is in such a poor state.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Bigtime been like that for years. Would be a truly stunning village if they would resurface it all

It's part of the tourism strategy for the village, it offers a much more authentic experience with the potholes, the yanks love being jostled about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Completely agree! I cycle thought it a lot and it's actually quite dangerous on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

yeah, it's in some shameful state, if you email the TDs and CC the roads dept. of the CoCo you'll get what the plan is for it, if any... I'll wager it's in some legal limbo over the reinstatement after the drainage works

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

The reason the street hasn’t been resurfaced over the years was because the whole place had to be dug up to facilitate pipe laying works to the new sewerage treatment plant. That work is now complete, and resurfacing work is scheduled to take place from the castle to the opposite end of the village once the high tourism season ends in Sept/ Oct.
    It’s torturous cycling/ driving through the village everyday, but hopefully the end is in sight, and it will be worth the wait.
    The water in the bay has certainly improved in the last year with the opening of the treatment works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Come on back folks.... all the bumps in the village are gone. However, road improvement works, including a cycle lane, will soon be starting from Ballindereen village to Kinvara, and are expected to take 18 mths to complete.

Advertisement