Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaweweek 32 Transfers

• 16-03-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭

FH activated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

COH wrote: »

Let the fun week commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How did you do that when the game hasn't updated yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Wouldn’t you be better off to not activate the FH or WC chip until last minute but make transfers away to gain the benefit in price increases and help the market with price increase / decreases. Especially on WC. And then activate chip to not give you the minus score.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

shmeee wrote: »
    Wouldn’t you be better off to not activate the FH or WC chip until last minute but make transfers away to gain the benefit in price increases and help the market with price increase / decreases. Especially on WC. And then activate chip to not give you the minus score.

Some very good players have forgotten to press the button doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

shmeee wrote: »

Big risk/absolutely tiny benefit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

shmeee wrote:

Yea this is what I'll be doing. I need to see the full fixtures before deciding whether to wild card or free hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dsmythy wrote: »
    Let the fun week commence.

2 weeks till the deadline :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    2 weeks till the deadline :rolleyes:

You operate in normal human weeks? Casual!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Triple Chelsea defense activated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is this the best week to wildcard?

• Advertisement

West Ham free hit triple deactivated

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is this the best week to wildcard?
    Its an ideal week for a free hit if you set yourself up well for 33 IMO. I'm waiting til the fixtures actually get scheduled first though. Might lose a tiny bit of my free hit team value in doing so, but imagine the fixtures weren't arranged as envisaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

CSF wrote: »
    Its an ideal week for a free hit if you set yourself up well for 33 IMO. I'm waiting til the fixtures actually get scheduled first though. Might lose a tiny bit of my free hit team value in doing so, but imagine the fixtures weren't arranged as envisaged.

Free hit is gone and only have WC, TC and BB left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Arnie out. Rashford in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thinking Button out to Boruc with the aim of using the Bench Boost in 32. Might wait to see if it could be better to play triple captain and use the free transfer to get in someone with a double game week. Son and Trippier may be good options for being replaced and .9mill to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Wildcard activated!

So far, Salah, patricio, Helton, Zabaleta and Anderson out, more to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

If I free hit now, can I make as many changes as possible before the end of the gw deadline similar to the wc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

hupskip wrote: »
    If I free hit now, can I make as many changes as possible before the end of the gw deadline similar to the wc?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Draft #1 (of a probable 1,458,998) for my FH32 team

Kepa
    Luiz - Shaw - AWB
    Pogba - Sterling - Hazard - B.Silva
    Aguero - Rashford - Jiminez

[Hamer - Valery - Hojberg - Peltier]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

COH wrote:
    Kepa Luiz - Shaw - AWB Pogba - Sterling - Hazard - B.Silva Aguero - Rashford - Jiminez

Nice team. I've gone for something similar with Ward Prowse in midfield as an enabler (he has 6 goals in 9 games!)
    Kepa
    Shaw PVA Laporte
    Pogba Hazard Sterling JWP
    Aguero Lukaku Higuain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Are the free hits teams all going to be fairly similar?
    Is there any logic in going against the grain (keeping liverpool players) and back liverpool hammering spurs for example?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Are the free hits teams all going to be fairly similar?
    Is there any logic in going against the grain (keeping liverpool players) and back liverpool hammering spurs for example?

If you are chasing a leader then you probably need to differentiate however lots of doubles and blanks coming up. Getting your team right along with good captain choice could mean you catching someone over a 100/150 points ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    If you are chasing a leader then you probably need to differentiate however lots of doubles and blanks coming up. Getting your team right along with good captain choice could mean you catching someone over a 100/150 points ahead

I gambled with no salah the last few weeks and gained major ground....fulham game yet to be played though. :eek:
    I am just thinking that going against the grain strategically might be the way the way to go.
    As from reading forums etc you end up knowing the players most seriously active managers are targeting.
    Then after a while people are talked into picking the same players.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Prior to GW 24 not having Salah was killing me. And since I got him in having Salah is killing me. Maybe I broke him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Salah to Mane or Sterling?
    Any opinions appreciated.

macraignil wrote: »
    Salah to Mane or Sterling?
    Any opinions appreciated.

If City get a double I might do Salah to Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Nice team. I've gone for something similar with Ward Prowse in midfield as an enabler (he has 6 goals in 9 games!)
    Kepa
    Shaw PVA Laporte
    Pogba Hazard Sterling JWP
    Aguero Lukaku Higuain

Shaw on 9 yellows is risky

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just did a quick FH draft.

Ederson
    Luiz Doherty AWB
    Sterling Hazard Pogba JWP
    Aguero Kane Jiminez

This is gonna be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just did a quick FH draft.

Ederson
    Luiz Doherty AWB
    Sterling Hazard Pogba JWP
    Aguero Kane Jiminez

This is gonna be fun...

Chelsea are a trap
    A trap I’ll find it hard to resist
    But a trap nonetheless

I actually have 4 of those without Fh and sgw players with very good fixtures
    TC may be the play yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

If the dgw32 is as predicted it seems like 3 City, 3 Chelsea and perhaps 3 utd is the way to go. What other teams do people fancy?

My initial draft is;

Kepa
    Laporte, Doherty, lindelof
    Sterling, hazard, Pogba, jota
    Aguero, higuain, Rashford

Anyone spot any flaws? A couple big striker options ommitted in Jiminez and kane but you can't have them all i guess.

Advertisement