Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Regarding Sonic v Mario Game:

During day 1, a warning appeared, do not talk about the goings on of the folk on the other thread.

Maybe in future, consider running game on COP and hiding threads from the other sets of players, as a more practical way of getting the environment you are seeking.

I'm am very puzzled as to why I was also told not to mention the other thread in my private backroom.
    Was there a mechanic that would make my backroom visible to another player, and you wanted them to be able to figure out which thread i was in from my musings but if I was musing about the whole game, then they would not be able to figure it out?

Can some light be shed on the moratorium of musing about the other thread on COP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pter wrote: »
    So did i stack it for or against the wolves this time?

So after lynch 1 and munch one, there was 8 people on our island of which 3 were wolves, a Succesful protect meant there were 7 players left at the merger, two of which knew each other.

I was already thinking when we moved to the other island that we'd be fish in a barrel really, especially with a potential seer in play. Numbers of 6 in 20 is ok on one big island but by yesterday morning after 1 day together, it was pretty clear who the 5 remaining wolves were and was just a matter of picking them off.

Despite all that we could have easily won with better moves however I honestly thought on the rejoining of the islands, if it was 3 in 6 we were done for but a BG protect gave us a fighting chance which is weird when you think about it.

I really enjoyed split islands, like loved it cause it was way more manageable but I reckon you would need more people to make it viable in future. Also I didn't bother looking at the other thread :D cause I'd no idea when we'd merge or anything, so just thought might aswell listen to mods

*Enjoyed the game and I mean the above purely in terms of being constructive

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

COP is having enough slow down issues as it is without moving the game there tbh.

Moratorium was put in place because cross island accusations were being fired across the islands, which effectively made having to read both islands essential for all players (lest they be accused on the other thread and not be able to rebut).

BR moratorium was put in place so that players would hopefully put all their attention into their own island, and not try to game the system and prepare for a merge that you didnt actually know was coming.

We couldnt stop you from reading the other thread, so this would come under the 'spirit of the game' tbh.

If mods go to the trouble of splitting the game in 2, i think its respectful to mods and fellow players for players not to ignore that and analyse both islands.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

This then is a valid question (not answered)
    But more importantly... Questions.... Mod note last night said we are to ignore the other island, well not to concern ourselves with it. Why am I being given powers for the other island then?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If mods go to the trouble of splitting the game in 2, i think its respectful to mods and fellow players for players not to ignore that and analyse both islands.

Agree with this, but one of Peaches powers was a peek from the other island which kind of contradicts that whole point!

• Advertisement

COP is having enough slow down issues as it is without moving the game there tbh.
    Fair enuff.

Moratorium was put in place because cross island accusations were being fired across the islands, which effectively made having to read both islands essential for all players (lest they be accused on the other thread and not be able to rebut).
    Cross island accusation was part of an on island discussion. Turns out, both me and necro were reading the other island, but he was saying that he was ignoring it, which we wasn't and saying that we had zero influence over it, which i proved wrong by making a cross island accusation which was read over there, proving that they were not seperate entities. The mod instructions came later, so there was no rule breaking done.
    BR moratorium was put in place so that players would hopefully put all their attention into their own island, and not try to game the system and prepare for a merge that you didnt actually know was coming.
    Didn't know was coming? It was in the OP.

We couldnt stop you from reading the other thread, so this would come under the 'spirit of the game' tbh.
    It just made me use pen & paper instead of using COP

Maybe they should mention in the OP what they expect the players to do and not expect the players to mind read the mods intentions.

sKeith wrote: »
    Didn't know was coming? It was in the OP.It just made me use pen & paper instead of using COP

Maybe they should mention in the OP what they expect the players to do and not expect the players to mind read the mods intentions.

Where did it say ye were going to be merged for definite?

Ah come on now sKeith - you yourself advised players to ask the mods questions, did you not?

It should probably go in the OP in fairness....but what is in the OP is that if something isnt in the OP and you have a query, PM the mods.

Necro wrote: »
    Agree with this, but one of Peaches powers was a peek from the other island which kind of contradicts that whole point!

My prize was to deflect a vig shot but we had no vig. Pesky mods only gave me a cryptic answer so I was full sure that I had deflected Angus vig shot on Steve. Had Steve pegged as good right up to his death.

quickbeam wrote: »
    This then is a valid question (not answered)

That power was put in place before the moratorium was made. We thought there was an easy distinction to be made between discussing the island on thread and having info for later in the game. As the game got going, it appeared that distinction was not so easy, so we removed discussing the other island from the equation.

See above.

In retrospect, we could have changed the power, but i think there could have been balancing issues down the line after the merge, so we didnt.

If we were doing it again, maybe a different call would be made.

My prize was to deflect a vig shot but we had no vig. Pesky mods only gave me a cryptic answer so I was full sure that I had deflected Angus vig shot on Steve. Had Steve pegged as good right up to his death.

Some of the prizes were intended for after the merge. So there were hints at the merge, but IIRC, we didnt explicitly tell ye it was coming.

• Advertisement

Yeah, on that point a Vig blocker for a wolf prize wasn’t really comparable with a munch blocker for a Villager prize. Maybe that was deliberate but did seem unfair on the MK wolves who didn’t have a Vig and only a little less unfair on the SW wolves though it was arbitrary as we didn’t win the prize anyway.

Where did it say ye were going to be merged for definite?

For the baddies to win the game they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.

Ah come on now sKeith - you yourself advised players to ask the mods questions, did you not?
    Not sure what the point is here.

It should probably go in the OP in fairness....but what is in the OP is that if something isnt in the OP and you have a query, PM the mods.
    I had zero idea that the mods would get all strict about cross island chatter, it was a surprise to me.

Asking me not to muse about the other island in my private musings was stunning. I just never expected that, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That power was put in place before the moratorium was made. We thought there was an easy distinction to be made between discussing the island on thread and having info for later in the game. As the game got going, it appeared that distinction was not so easy, so we removed discussing the other island from the equation.

See above.

In retrospect, we could have changed the power, but i think there could have been balancing issues down the line after the merge, so we didnt.

If we were doing it again, maybe a different call would be made.

If you have a moratorium though it defeats the purpose of giving a peek on the other island, as the player concerned has to read it or is basically just lucky dipping between 10 players.

I've no issue with the powers or the split btw, just that specific power contradicts the whole idea of a moratorium.

sKeith wrote: »
    For the baddies to win the game they have to ensure any other evil sides are dead and gain parity with the village.Not sure what the point is here.
    I had zero idea that the mods would get all strict about cross island chatter, it was a surprise to me.

Asking me not to muse about the other island in my private musings was stunning. I just never expected that, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

Fair enough! Hadnt read it like that. Why wouldnt you clarify with us or bring that to our attention sK? You were very quiet in the last game in the BRs as well. Just curious - you dont have to answer if you dont want to.

Ah doesnt matter, we plainly dont agree on this so agree to disagree.

Well simple answer was we wanted you to focus your attention on the island you were on.

Suppose this kinda belongs here too:
    I actually don’t think the gift peek should have been subject to the same rules as the seer peek but I probably would say that considering it blew back in my face.

Aw well. :(

All minor enough points. I still hugely enjoyed the game.

If you have a moratorium though it defeats the purpose of giving a peek on the other island, as the player concerned has to read it or is basically just lucky dipping between 10 players.

I've no issue with the powers or the split btw, just that specific power contradicts the whole idea of a moratorium.

Im agreeing with you. Im saying the power was created before the moratorium....maybe we should have changed it, but im reluctant to change powers after the game starts, even if a moratorium is put in place.

And lucky dip peeking is a legit seer peek method anyway.

Suppose this kinda belongs here too:

All minor enough points. I still hugely enjoyed the game.

Why do you think that QB?

IMO, Boards chatter about the other islands is right to be banned.

Back room chatter should be allowed.

I more meant about the gift peek.

Why do you think that QB?

Because gift peek and seer peek are different. They’re results are even different.

Gift peek I presume was alignment only. Take Wario being peeked. You’d not have returned the result: ‘Wario, good’. Because that would have made no sense to the ‘backwards’ nature of the gift peek. Because Wario is listed under the evils. Presumably you’d just have said ‘good’.

In my case a gift peek for me (or Robotnik) should have been good. First seer peek on us should be good. Second seer peek in us should be bad. No matter what order they happened in.

The fact that I gave the gift to the actual seer and they peeked me is kinda just a coincidence. I don’t know how they knew I was Bowser anyway as that made no more sense than saying Wario was good.

I’m on the phone so possibly not explaining as well as I might typing properly ona PC. I hope you get my gist.

• Advertisement

I get you. No we were giving a full peek for the gift.

If he had peeked a wolf buddy, it would have come back as NRV, good.

Im sorry - people prob want to give feedback without me answering everything (including things that arent questions :o)

Ill let ye feedback uninterrupted now! :D

I don't want folks to think I'm being too critical btw, I really enjoyed this game as can probably be seen from my post count.

I think I've fallen in love with wagonomics though, my gut feelings lead to Sonic getting lynched :pac:

Thanks for running it folks.

When's the next one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How did folk like the early start, did it suit players?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I enjoyed the game. Thanks Mods

Kolido wrote: »

Was working Sunday so didn’t get in much the first day. I do get I’d be in the minority on that though. I also prefer games to start with a munch not a lynch.

Im sorry - people prob want to give feedback without me answering everything (including things that arent questions :o)

Ill let ye feedback uninterrupted now! :D

Well my personal opinion is the gift peek should be separate to the seer peek and should show all wolves as good and all non wolves as bad no matter if and when the seer has peeked. I also think where misinformation is being given it should be just alignment. You say a wolf would have come back NRV but that would have precluded them from claiming a role later on if so.

But to reiterate, it’s a minor thing and didn’t effect the result or my enjoyment. But dealing with false reads needs to be handled super carefully. IMO.

Kolido wrote:

Loved it. Sunday was the day I was able to play the most (before the storm gave me Tuesday as well) so was perfect. I don't mind the game starting on a lynch either so that was cool too!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dont have a perference for lynchs or munches begining a game

• Advertisement

You were very quiet in the last game in the BRs as well. Just curious - you dont have to answer if you dont want to.

Just going to check this comment for validity.

Sonic v Mario: Vig, Restriction on what can or can't be mused.

I'm A Celebrity Werewolf: NRV - no back room.

Super easy & quick vanilla cake - a Werewolf recipe: NRV - no back room

Lord of the Rings: Saruman 65/350 , 4 wolf team, average = 87.5
    While quieter than average, 65 posts in back room is not very quiet.

A Werewolf Christmas Carol: Dickens Priest NK0

Vanilla is a flavour: nrv no back room

The Game Show: sat that one out

Sopranos: co ran that one.

Vanillarama II: NRV no back room.

Sherlock: Mycroft Shot by vig prior to d2 lynch 10 posts in backroom.
    Thats the game where i messed up the next letter up the aphabet, thinking that up an alphabet was down, the exact same mistake i had made in a previous game. after dead i had 37 of the deadroom posts only jack and duffman had more.

Advertisement