Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleabag [BBC/Amazon]

• 05-03-2019 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not sure if there is a thread on this show...but can't find one in search

First episode of second season was outstanding, Andrew Scott excellent addition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Loved the first season, didn't realise the second season was out yet. Can't wait to start watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

If I was to watch just one comedy on a Monday evening, this would be it. (Sorry Alan).

She looked fabulous in that dress too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Just couldn't take to it - I watched most of the first season after a mate ranted and raved about it, I gave up about 6 episode in I think, barely a smirk.

Seems like a long time ago, is season 2 only out now?

Most people probably already know this but the creator and star of Fleabag - Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge, also wrote and produced the television adaptation of Killing Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

brian_t wrote: »
    Most people probably already know this but the creator and star of Fleabag - Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge, also wrote and produced the television adaptation of Killing Eve.
    Oh she also wrote a series (and starred in it) before this called Crashing which is well worth a watch its on All4 and she also voiced a droid in the han solo film randomly.

Also Fleabag was a stage play before it was a tv show, makes sense with the little chats to camera etc.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    makes sense with the little chats to camera etc.
    I love even her silent glances to the camera at just the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can't decide if I'd **** or kill her. Fleabag is that sort of character!

/leaves quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,324 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has it moved to BBC 1 from BBC 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBC3 is now being showcased on BBC One after the 10 O'Clock News on Mon/Tues/Wed (dunno if NI has it's own schedule)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Tried watching this but it is such an annoying, smug show, and it is just not funny at all. Plus now they have added the terrible Andrew Scott to it, an actor who can only do his own accent! Also, does Olivia Coleman have to be in every show/movie now? Urgh!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Also, does Olivia Coleman have to be in every show/movie now? Urgh!!! :mad:

If only... She's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I love this show myself.. Phoebe Waller-Bridge can do very little wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I loved the first series, as well as being funny it really stayed with me, very touching at times. I'm going to wait until this series finishes then binge it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ Rayden High Copperhead

Thanks for the recommendation. Blitzed through the first series over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It's quite dark though. Every character seems to be fundamentally broken in some way yet the writers still manage to find humour in their interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I loved the first series, as well as being funny it really stayed with me, very touching at times. I'm going to wait until this series finishes then binge it.

Same here. Actually I'm going to rewatch the first season while I'm waiting. It was quite a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I feel a bit sorry for the priest,,he has no idea what he is getting into...should be fun:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is there anywhwere online that you can watch series 1 (legally)?

Is there anywhwere online that you can watch series 1 (legally)?
    Will this work?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-season/fleabag-series-1/id1131552272

Another cracking episode this week.
    Fiona Shaw was brilliant as expected.

Her sister's husband literally makes my skin crawl, he was same on LOVE on Netflix.

This weeks episode was genuinely outstanding, heartbreaking, Phoebe Waller-bridge was outstanding as was Andrew Scott.
    This series has been outstanding even better than the first IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭Shelga

Omg episode 5
    "I can't have sex with you because I'll fall in love with you" SWOON

That last scene was one of the best I've seen on tv in years. Amazing how Phoebe Waller Bridge has gotten us so invested in the dynamic between these two characters in just a few episodes. They've both Seen Some Stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭md23040

Devastated that next weeks episode will be the last with no more to follow. Apparently it will become very evident once viewed that this is the case.

This is so well written, original and really funny gem.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47825572

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kind of touching episode. No happy ending but she realised she can love again. Maybe she’s beginning to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭purifol0

Just watched the first episode of series 2. A true comedy (dramady) for grown ups, it's also a masterclass in not wasting a second of screentime; zero establishing shots or superflous dialogue. I'm delighted she's back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Kind of touching episode. No happy ending but she realised she can love again. Maybe she’s beginning to heal.

I thought it was so moving. Not your standard love-rush. But my heart was in my mouth. I’m not sure what I thought in the end: can she love again? I’m not sure. Whatever it was, it was the most emotionally affecting thing I’ve watched in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Sat down to watch our recording of season 2 but somehow episode 2 didn't work. Drat. Does anybody have a copy of episode 2 please?

qwerty13 wrote: »
    I thought it was so moving. Not your standard love-rush. But my heart was in my mouth. I’m not sure what I thought in the end: can she love again? I’m not sure. Whatever it was, it was the most emotionally affecting thing I’ve watched in ages.
    Absolutely outstanding series and a brilliant finale for me.
    It was heartbreaking and uplifting all at once.
    The acting was amazing.
    I thought it was quite a hopeful ending personally.
    I really hope things work out for the Claires! Glad she ditched that POS husband

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭claiva

Absolutely devastated this is over. Up there with the best TV I've ever seen. So heartwrenchingly sad at the end. Every cast member deserves a Bafta for their performances.

Even better season than the first IMO.. huge shame it's over!

Loved Andrew Scott's outbursts when she kept breaking the fourth wall.

Phoebe's writing is so fresh, and her performance was fantastic - you couldn't not be moved by her heartbroken face after being told by The Priest that he loves her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This was just fantastic start to finish. Arguably even better chemistry between the two than Sharon & Rob from Catastrophe.

Advertisement