Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vantastival 2019

Options
  • 04-03-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Not hearing much about the lineup... anyone heard anything significant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

This is all I know -

47571190_2144935625558570_6128479123741343744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a61ad29c1aa228f8e55ed79cd3430c9a&oe=5D25A230

I bought my ticket ages ago! :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

Penfailed wrote: »
    This is all I know -

47571190_2144935625558570_6128479123741343744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=a61ad29c1aa228f8e55ed79cd3430c9a&oe=5D25A230

I bought my ticket ages ago! :)

yeah been no announcements since then

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

This was the first year that they weren't taking applications as it's the 10th anniversary. More acts being announced before Easter I heard.

There's an announcement on the Facebook page with more names with 30 more still to be announced. Going by the poster, they've lost the sponsorship with VW.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Latest lineup

• Advertisement

53287672_2272041756181289_4567390908307210240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c2a4cb114e5d994fee8eed369fbf8584&oe=5CE11C9B

Promising line-up although there's not as many recognisable names as usual for me...

Another twelve bands announced today for the Firestone stage :)

Looks to be the full line-up here - https://www.vantastival.com/line-up-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Anyone been to this with kids? I can see there's a weekend ticket for children, but would it be worthwhile going with a 6 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Anyone been to this with kids? I can see there's a weekend ticket for children, but would it be worthwhile going with a 6 year old?

I don't have kids but seems to be a great festival for children from my experience of going for many years. Also a recent relevant interview here with festival founder Louise Tangney talking about the family element - http://www.familyfriendlyhq.ie/family-blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vantastival-festival

• Advertisement

I've been to the last three with two kids but they were a bit older than six. They loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

I went last year with a 4 & 7 yr old. They both loved it. They never camped before, it was their first festival. There is plenty of activities and events to keep them busy and they enjoyed rockin out in front of the stage with their friends (not sure what the bands made of it performing to a gang of 4-9 yr olds :D)

And they can't wait to go again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Class - thanks folks!

This weekend! Really looking forward to it :cool:

King Kong Company were brilliant last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Tired after this weekend.

Great festival, great venue, very well run, good crowd, nice size.

Definitely will go again next year. Top notch!

What a fantastic weekend. Great festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Yep, absolutely brilliant. Great atmosphere, great crowd. My best Vantastival so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

yeah great festival. very family friendly. no trouble to be seen. and never saw anyone drunk like other festivals. Everyone was drinking but all happy and having fun. :):):):):)

My highlights were as follows -

Friday - due to arriving late and having to stick up an awning beside the van as it was getting dark, the only act I caught was The Young Folk in the Woodland stage. Enjoyable. I love the smell of the wild garlic as soon as you cross the wee bridge heading towards it.

Saturday - Chilled out at the van for a lot of the day but enjoyed Ghosts of Men on the Woodland stage and Stolen City, Tau, Grainne Cotter and Don't Fear The Natives in the Firestone stage and King Kong Company on the main stage.

Sunday - Scally, Sick Love, Sharon Shannon, Molto Vivo and The Afro Celt Sound System.

• Advertisement
Advertisement