Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Yup, just going for the experience as doubt I'd get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭LordBasil

I'll have a go at this. Probably won't get it as I don't have much management experience and I'm not sure what they mean in the Policy section.

It will be good experience for the future, especially if I get to do the Interview & Presentation Stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Hi, does anyone know if time in the public service counts towards your two year service requirement? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I'm in but pretty sure I won't make it past shortlisting..... Worth a shot though I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JamPack

Hi, does anyone know if time in the public service counts towards your two year service requirement? Tia

Unfortunately from what i've been told, Public Service doesn't count.

LordBasil wrote: »
    I'll have a go at this. Probably won't get it as I don't have much management experience and I'm not sure what they mean in the Policy section.

Just had a look and it seems that the "Policy" section is optional. On the application form it says "your experience of Policy Development or Implementation (if any)"

• Advertisement

JamPack wrote: »
    Unfortunately from what i've been told, Public Service doesn't count.

Thanks JamPack, but I’m really hoping you’re wrong... I emailed PAS just now, so I should get a response at some stage tmor.

It’s probably wishful thinking though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apparently not. A girl at work here emailed to ask and was told it doesn't count

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Apparently not. A girl at work here emailed to ask and was told it doesn't count

Ah sugar... thanks Gerry. I’ll just have to wait for 2021 so...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Not it doesn’t - I was caught out with that myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was 2 weeks short for the ID competition for EO . My 8 months in the PS didn't count
    I now qualify for the heo :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies guys... I was hoping this wouldn’t open until September ish... ah well... it’s not my time.
    Best of luck to you all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I will try, but the whole process is so off putting.
    I wish they'd advertise location and number of vacancies, even just estimated.
    So much effort has to go in to a genuine application.

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Advertised today closing 21/03/19

Anyone else gonna throw their hat in the ring?

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&cid=102664

Hi Sinus,
    Where did you get that link? I can’t find it on my pc on public jobs anywhere’s? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

As it's interdepartmental, I think the link is just sent internally from the Civil Service Bodies to their staff, so I don't think it would be on the home page. I could be wrong though.

eimaj18 wrote: »
    As it's interdepartmental, I think the link is just sent internally from the Civil Service Bodies to their staff, so I don't think it would be on the home page. I could be wrong though.

Oh ok thanks, we will probably get it today then.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I'll be going for this but fully expect to be eliminated at shortlisting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm going to give it a shot! I'm not an EO long but I'd love if I got to interview stage even just for the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm going to give it a shot! I'm not an EO long but I'd love if I got to interview stage even just for the experience.

The experience will stand to you. I applied for AP as an EO and got to interview. I failed , but I gained valuable experience, applied for HEO and aced it thanks to the AP experience. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Can AOs apply for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JamPack

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Can AOs apply for this?

Don't think so unfortunately.

"6. Grades equivalent to the Higher Executive Officer grade (i.e. have the same maximum pay
    scale or higher) are not eligible to compete in this promotion competition."

And I think the AO scale finishes on the same point as the HEO scale.

• Advertisement

thats interesting that public service doesnt count.

thats new.

It's not new.
    Same way civil service service doesn't count for public service roles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Has anyone else received an email advertising this? My department hasn't sent around anything and I cant find it on public jobs - only accessing it through the OP's link

Got an email to work and my personal address from HR communications-peoplepoint.

Addle wrote: »
    It's not new.
    Same way civil service service doesn't count for public service roles.

my mistake

i must not have been promoted in a competition where my public service counted

i probably just imagined it

An open competition perhaps.
    HEO is interdepartmental only.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

thats interesting that public service doesnt count.

thats new.

Its never counted- and there was union uproar when it was suggested to make similar grades analogous for precisely that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I got it through internal email

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Just got the email now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm in AGS and haven't gotten any email. Thanks for posting the link OP or may not have heard about the competition!

Advertisement