Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Formentor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not a fan of crossovers, but I like design language. Hopefully they will make proper ibiza size and Leon Cupra.

90% sure my next car will be few years old or demo Seat Leon Cupra and after that Cupra line up. They still believe that they will manage to bring about 17 new Cupra models before 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

singlevideoimage.resizedViewPort.scale.assetRootXL.jpg

concept, so final version won't look anything like that. Interior is meh. Back of it looks like someone tried to add a widebody kit to a Kia Sportage.

kia-sportage-qlpegtlinemy19-b3lblueflame-19_0014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Looks like the mazda cx5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I still haven't seen one of these. Are they on the road in Ireland?

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    I still haven't seen one of these. Are they on the road in Ireland?

29 of them registered.

If you want a look at one in the flesh the main Cupra dealers showing ones available are McCoys in Lucan, Johnson & Perrot in Cork or James Barry Motors in Limerick

https://www.carzone.ie/search?make=Cupra&model=Formentor&county=Cork

https://www.carzone.ie/search?make=Cupra&model=Formentor&county=Dublin

https://www.carzone.ie/search?make=Cupra&model=Formentor&county=Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

I saw one in Cork city last week while out for a jog. Had to stop for a closer look as wasn't sure what it was at first.

concept, so final version won't look anything like that.

Well you were wrong there then. They really are a beautiful machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Getting pricing on one currently.
    Only the 1.5 dsg though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

concept, so final version won't look anything like that. Interior is meh. Back of it looks like someone tried to add a widebody kit to a Kia Sportage.

Or it'll end up identical to concept :D

pippip wrote: »
    Or it'll end up identical to concept :D

I'll hold my hands up and admit I got it wrong, fair play to SEAT for actually making it.

vectra wrote: »
    Saw that.
    Added some extras so waiting for cost to change.

Options pricing is on that page too isn't it? The 245 PHEV is definitely top of my list for next time.

Options pricing is on that page too isn't it? The 245 PHEV is definitely top of my list for next time.

Yes.
    But I would be trading in my ateca towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭CoBo55

How would it hold up depreciation wise?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    How would it hold up depreciation wise?

How long is a piece of string?
    I would imagine it would be comparible with the Ateca.

How long is a piece of string?
    I would imagine it would be comparible with the Ateca.

How is that doing? Have you been made any offers on the ateca?

How is that doing? Have you been made any offers on the ateca?

I have but waiting on more.
    I am happy with the offers, but at the same time with the new government with their taxes has pushed the price of new up quite a bit.

• Advertisement

I have but waiting on more.
    I am happy with the offers, but at the same time with the new government with their taxes has pushed the price of new up quite a bit.

It certainly has pushed prices up. I was toying with the idea of changing the superb but they've gotten very expensive I'm not going to bother. Might look for a 21 car in 23 the superb will be paid for next year. Are you on PCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The formentor looks great.
    Really is a massive shake up of the entire group offering of suv.
    Look at the price of a tiguan for example if you want one that looks reasonable. This will fly out of the showrooms and looks decent externally at least on entry spec.
    The phev versions, are they cvt or more traditional auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are DSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The price looks relatively attractive these days for what it appears to offer.

bazz26 wrote: »
    They are DSG.

Should be a winner.
    Its not something id be interested in personally but should do very well and claw back alot of market from kia / hyundai

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't know. To me Cupra was the halo performance badge of fast Seats. Ok if they wanted standalone bespoke offerings like this Formentor but sticking non performance engines in them now just to increase market share seems like it defeats the purpose of distinguishing the brand imo.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't know. To me Cupra was the halo performance badge of fast Seats. Ok if they wanted standalone bespoke offerings like this Formentor but sticking non performance engines in them now just to increase market share seems like it defeats the purpose of distinguishing the brand imo.

Ya its a strange direction they have gone but id say they will get it all realigned and making sense marketing wise.
    Possibly originally intended to have been a performance model to launch the brand but the accountants saw the potential to sell boat loads of them and so the smaller engine versions were allowed in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It sounds exactly like Abarth and Fiat

It certainly has pushed prices up. I was toying with the idea of changing the superb but they've gotten very expensive I'm not going to bother. Might look for a 21 car in 23 the superb will be paid for next year. Are you on PCP?

No pcp.
    I own it.

• Advertisement

No pcp.
    I own it.

What year is it? What trade in figures are they offering?

Advertisement