Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Endeavour (series 6)

• 03-03-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Has anyone been watching the most recent season of Endeavour? I thought it was on Virgin One on Tuesday evenings but they've Champion's League scheduled for the time slot this week. So I'm really hoping I've got the channel wrong and am just being an idiot who's unable to find any info on an air date online.
    Anyone able to put me out of my misery and tell me when I can catch the next episode (it's episode 4 I'm pretty sure) on Irish TV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

VM1/TV3 show it on Tuesdays at 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

washiskin wrote:
    VM1/TV3 show it on Tuesdays at 9pm.

As far as I'm aware champions league will be on Virgin Media 1 this Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Episode 4 will be on Tuesday 12th.

First 3 episodes are on VM player at the mo.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Radio5

odyssey06 wrote: »

Thanks for that.

It's annoying that the series finale is delayed for a week. They could have moved Endeavour to another one of their Virgin Media channels this week. God knows there is no enough rubbish/repeats on VM2 and 3 that wouldn't be missed. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I cheated and watched the finale on UTV last night. Had to endure ad breaks every 15 minutes. I have Sky so can't record UTV or pause.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

Phew! At least I (a) didn't miss it and (b) amn't the only person who wasn't sure what was going on.
    Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭barefoot

I just took a look at the guide for Tuesday 12th and Manchester City v Schalke match is on that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

barefoot wrote: »
    I just took a look at the guide for Tuesday 12th and Manchester City v Schalke match is on that night.

Hmm, I think you must be right, the site I checked is usually v reliable but as there's CL fixtures for Real Madrid on Tuesday 5th and City on 12th, then Endeavour has been pre-empted.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭barefoot

Hmm, I think you must be right, the site I checked is usually v reliable but as there's CL fixtures for Real Madrid on Tuesday 5th and City on 12th, then Endeavour has been pre-empted.

Yes, we will just have to keep an eye on the guide...hopefully it will be broadcast on the 19th....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

barefoot wrote: »
    Yes, we will just have to keep an eye on the guide...hopefully it will be broadcast on the 19th....
    I'm not following this series myself but according to DigiGuide the fourth episode is on the 19th but it's on Virgin Media Two at 8pm.

• Advertisement

AH thanks OP for opening this thread. I thought i was going mad also. I figured when i saw the sports scheduled on the night in question that it was likely the reason was it was postponed- but couldn't find anything to support that. Looking forward to episode 4.
    What do you think about Series 6? A bit of a mixed bag - it's certainly a big change from the previous series but I think episode 4 is supposed to tie up a few lose ends- and the great news is that Series 7 will made, to be shown in 2020.

I didn’t enjoy the first episode of this series but it did get better the last episode was great.

brian_t wrote: »
    I'm not following this series myself but according to DigiGuide the fourth episode is on the 19th but it's on Virgin Media Two at 8pm.

Not on this week so it looks like the 19th then!

Any sign of Series 7 being shown on any of the Virgin Media channels? There are only 3 episodes this season on ITV Sunday nights with the final one this Sunday 23rd.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Oh bugger, I didn't even know it was back! U/ITV not being on the Sky program as standard means I rarely if ever even think of it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Radio5 wrote: »
    Any sign of Series 7 being shown on any of the Virgin Media channels? There are only 3 episodes this season on ITV Sunday nights with the final one this Sunday 23rd.

3 episodes??? What's the point in that -just getting into it! Any idea what's on to replace it? We had Vera first, then Endeavour - love Sunday night crime!

Dovies wrote: »
    3 episodes??? What's the point in that -just getting into it! Any idea what's on to replace it? We had Vera first, then Endeavour - love Sunday night crime!

I love the shorter series. Leaves me wanting more!

Season 7 started last Sunday on itv- was it on virgin or will it be shown on a different day anyone known ?
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/2020-02-16/endeavour-series-7-air-date-cast-trailer-itv/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

Season 7 started last Sunday on itv

It's not due to start on Virgin in the next few weeks anyway.

By the way I think it started on ITV the previous Sunday which leaves just one episode to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Season 7 is OK but I think it's starting to lose it's charm. I think they'd struggle to get more than 1 more series out of this and I say that as a fan. It's not doing much for me this season.

• Advertisement

It seems to be almost gospel now that series 8, already commissioned for 2021 will be the last. That will bring it to the magic 33 episodes of Morse and Lewis. Younger actors like Shaun Evans and Sean Rigby will want to move on to do other things I'm sure. Evans is filming some new BBC series https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/tv-movies/vigil-start-bbc-thriller-suranne-jones/

Virgin Media One is tied to Champions League some weeks and Love Island for however many years (!) that goes on for. But you'd think there's plenty of space for Endeavour on Virgin Two or Three which is mainly showing repeats of repeats anyway.

Radio5 wrote: »
    It seems to be almost gospel now that series 8, already commissioned for 2021 will be the last. That will bring it to the magic 33 episodes of Morse and Lewis. Younger actors like Shaun Evans and Sean Rigby will want to move on to do other things I'm sure. Evans is filming some new BBC series https://www.heart.co.uk/showbiz/tv-movies/vigil-start-bbc-thriller-suranne-jones/

Virgin Media One is tied to Champions League some weeks and Love Island for however many years (!) that goes on for. But you'd think there's plenty of space for Endeavour on Virgin Two or Three which is mainly showing repeats of repeats anyway.

Just have to sit it out and wait by the sounds of it - does ITV appear on Sky boxes in Ireland at all or is it purely now UK based station?

Season 7 Episode 1 (Oracle) starts 9pm this evening on Virgin Media 3

Really enjoyed tonight’s series finale- nicely over the top - looking forward to Series 8 - likely to be the final series. What did others think?

Season 8 on at present. Only 3 episodes- the first two are available "on demand" - have watched the first episode and 1/2 way through the second- great to see it back on and pretty sure there will be a Season 9.

I think so, although we may be waiting a while for it. As I said in earlier post, some of the younger key actors will be doing other projects and the timeline was put out of kilter in 2020/21. I'd imagine they may do a one off episode or 2 to move this era to a close.

Advertisement