Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather and de icing problems for Ryanair at Dublin 03-03-19 Airport

• 03-03-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭

Landed in Dublin 3 hours and 5 minutes ago. Still trapped on the plane miles from the terminal. Dublin Airport are claiming to be fully operational yet the gates and stands are blocked by outbound aircraft waiting to be deiced so there's no room for the inbound aircraft. Our captain said "the deicing team were caught out by the weather". What the hell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

That is just crazy what happened did Met Eireann get caught out this was never forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Girlfriends brother has been sitting on a plane waiting to fly to Stansted since 3:45, he's not a happy camper at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jc11

We were number 3 in the que of planes and were 2 hours waiting to get to a gate. Lots of other planes behind us.. probably some still there now unless they caught up with all the de-icing.

DAA saying on twitter that de-icing is the airlines responsibility, captain on our fkight said it was airports fault!?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,861 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Storm 10 wrote:
    That is just crazy what happened did Met Eireann get caught out this was never forecast

I've had warnings on my weather app since 7am this morning. It's been on the the news apps all day too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Storm 10 wrote: »

There was certainly a forecast of snow for the second half of today on the Met Éireann app - it was there last night for the Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Issue is largely a Ryanair one - ATC guys being very pointed in telling their crews where the problem is and to call the company.

Looks like FR caught on the hop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

3 hours 40 minutes after landing and I'm finally off the plane. Bus to terminal at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Caranica wrote: »
    3 hours 40 minutes after landing and I'm finally off the plane. Bus to terminal at last!

Did you make it to a gate or were you dumped out on a taxiway

Did you make it to a gate or were you dumped out on a taxiway

Dumped out but once I was off that plane I didn't care!

Apparently some inbound flights were diverted to Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

De-icing is definitely the responsibility of the airline and/or their handling agent, nothing to do with the DAA at DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

It appears Ryanair’s operation completely fell apart today. Utter shambles from them. They need to make an apology and review their deicing equipment in Dublin.

Confused as to whether or not EU 261 applies to inbound flights. As it now looks like it was Ryanair's fault and their "company policy" meant that no free food or drinks were provided though once we hit 3 hours they did give us the option to purchase food and /or soft drinks but I read an article from the economist that said they have to give you free food and drinks after 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Looking at the responses to their twitter post, they are leaving a lot of people stranded this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Feel so sorry for you op, have a flight first thing in the morning, hopeful there back up and running as normal, however live departures don't look good, last three Aer Lingus flights have been cancelled

Feel so sorry for you op, have a flight first thing in the morning, hopeful there back up and running as normal, however live departures don't look good, last three Aer Lingus flights have been cancelled

Lots of the aircraft are in the wrong place overnight so unfortunately will have knock on effects.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

IngazZagni wrote: »
    It appears Ryanair’s operation completely fell apart today. Utter shambles from them. They need to make an apology and review their deicing equipment in Dublin.
    EI didn’t do too well either. A mate travelling on the 1830 flight to LHR texted me at 2005 saying they were only just taxiing to runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Knock on effect this morning. Security line was worst I ever have seen. Priority queue was back to the escalators and seemed to be moving like treacle so I switched to the normal queue pretty much straight away as it seemed to be moving better.
    Got through in about half an hour, starting from 5.45am.
    Leave plenty of time to get through today. In fairness to them it was all working smoothly and flights seem to be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Got through security in about 10 minutes this morning, no problem.
    On the plane now and still on time so fingers crossed.
    Aer Lingus flight.

Waiting on a de icer 😂

Off we go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Tenger wrote: »
    EI didn’t do too well either. A mate travelling on the 1830 flight to LHR texted me at 2005 saying they were only just taxiing to runway.

Unfortunately the knock on effect of Ryanair having all their stands blocked stemmed down onto the taxiways aswell, we spent 50 mins on the Hotels yesterday evening behind 2 Ryanair's who couldn't go anywhere, and there was the same problem on the Mikes. Getting back out was no problem, but getting onto stand was the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Are there fines against the airline I wonder for that sort of blockage to the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Total chaos at T1 this morning, none of the Ryanair aircraft in place so delays due to waiting for them to be brought to stand...

Would have been nice if Ryanair or DAA had the delays posted on the websites I could have had a leisurely breakfast....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I had no problems with security this morning, maximum ten minutes in the queue at most but not crowded.
    I was flying out of T1 but cleared security in T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I had no problems with security this morning, maximum ten minutes in the queue at most but not crowded.
    I was flying out of T1 but cleared security in T2.

didn't know you could do that

Would T2 tend to be quieter?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

ImARebel wrote: »

Busy but usually a lot less of a s**tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Kev11491 wrote: »
    Busy but usually a lot less of a s**tshow

Got it thanks

I've taken to paying for fast track in T1 just to avoid the aforementioned sh*t show, lol

thought using T2 might save me money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sister in law sat on the tarmac in Dublin heading to London for nearly hours last night before flight was abandoned.
    No flight today so not leaving until tomorrow, which for a hop to the UK is mental.

/edit ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

ImARebel wrote: »

I always clear security at T2 regardless of what airline I'm flying with. Just a much nicer experience all round. Sometimes the person scanning the boarding passes will query if you know you're in the 'wrong' terminal but once they realise that you know what you are doing it's no issue to go through security, then walk across to T1 airside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

I always clear security at T2 regardless of what airline I'm flying with. Just a much nicer experience all round. Sometimes the person scanning the boarding passes will query if you know you're in the 'wrong' terminal but once they realise that you know what you are doing it's no issue to go through security, then walk across to T1 airside.
    Is that new or just a T2 thing? It's been a while since I flew but in hundreds of flights (all T1) I don't recall anyone scanning boarding passes at Security since the barriers arrived.

Advertisement