Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crime scene near Walsh park

Options
  • 03-03-2019 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Anyone know what all the Gardai crime scene ticket tape is there for? Was there Sunday morning anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

For the hurling match?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not from Waterford, but maybe something happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It will be for the hurling match, to stop people destroying the green areas around there with their cars.

Although I do find it disconcerting, because IIRC the last time I was at a match up there it was proper crime scene tape, not “no parking, Garda traffic corps” tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

All GAA fixtures should be crime scenes lololl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Has the game been called off because of the weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

alta stare wrote: »
    Has the game been called off because of the weather?
    https://twitter.com/WaterfordGAA/status/1102194626537160706

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The crime-scene tape was appropriate... whoever waited until the stand was almost full before deciding to call off the match should have been fcuking arrested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

fricatus wrote: »
    The crime-scene tape was appropriate... whoever waited until the stand was almost full before deciding to call off the match should have been fcuking arrested!

Refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Is it really that bad there? I'm not a million miles away and its only raining. I see patches of snow in a Killarney (I think) game on TG4 and its not been stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

JohnC. wrote: »
    Is it really that bad there? I'm not a million miles away and its only raining. I see patches of snow in a Killarney (I think) game on TG4 and its not been stopped.

I guess its not what is falling which is the issue. Its what is lodging on to the pitch which is the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

An orange sliotar like in soccer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

alta stare wrote: »
    I guess its not what is falling which is the issue. Its what is lodging on to the pitch which is the issue.

it would of been like a water polo match if it was played going by what ive heard about the pitch today

Advertisement