Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scarlets vs Munster match thread, Sat 2nd March 5pm

Options
  • 01-03-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Scarlets:
    15 Leigh Halfpenny; 14 Ioan Nicholas, 13 Kieron Fonotia © , 12 Paul Asquith, 11 Johnny McNicholl; 10 Dan Jones, 9 Kieran Hardy;
    1 Wyn Jones, 2 Ryan Elias, 3 Werner Kruger, 4 Josh Helps, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 6 Josh Macleod, 7 Dan Davis, 8 Uzair Cassiem.

Replacements: 16 Marc Jones, 17 Phil Price, 18 Javan Sebastian, 19 Tom Price, 20 Will Boyde, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Rhys Patchell, 23 Steff Evans.

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Ronan O’Mahony, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Bill Johnston, Alby Mathewson;
    Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland (C); Fineen Wycherley, Conor Oliver, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Donoghue, Neil Cronin, Tyler Bleyendaal, Jaco Taute.

Munster players in Ireland camp and unavailable this weekend:
    Tadhg Beirne, Joey Carbery, Andrew Conway, Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Dave Kilcoyne, Conor Murray, Peter O’Mahony, Niall Scannell and CJ Stander.

Bill Johnston is selected to start at 10 for this crucial game. Ronan O'Mahony gets an opportunity on the wing and with Mathewson at 9 there is plenty experience around Johnston. Chris Cloete is unavailable due to a concussion so Conor Oliver comes into the starting XV at openside. Tadhg Beirne is held back by Ireland so he misses out on the opportunity to play his former team.

Scarlets have lost ground to their neighbours in Conference B so every game is must win from here on. For Munster this represents the toughest remaining game on their schedule. A win would make them clear favourites to finish top of Conference A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The selection at 10 suggests to me that they're very confident that Carbery will be fully fit for the Edinburgh game. If they doubted his availability, I don't think they'd be giving Johnston this start.

Strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    The selection at 10 suggests to me that they're very confident that Carbery will be fully fit for the Edinburgh game. If they doubted his availability, I don't think they'd be giving Johnston this start.

Strong team.

I only saw highlights of the Ospreys game but reading the thread suggested JJ had a poor outing. Bleyendaal has also looked out of form. Perhaps it's a genuine opportunity for Johnston to break into the 23. Of course that would raise eyebrows at the decision to re-sign both JJ and Tyler...

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Buer wrote: »

Strong team.

You can look at it the other way as well , give Johnston who has played well any time he has played game time as our other options has not play well for awhile now .

SCARLETS v Munster (Saturday, March 2, 2019; Parc y Scarlets, 5pm kick-off)

15 Leigh Halfpenny; 14 Ioan Nicholas, 13 Kieron Fonotia © , 12 Paul Asquith, 11 Johnny McNicholl; 10 Dan Jones, 9 Kieran Hardy; 1 Wyn Jones, 2 Ryan Elias, 3 Werner Kruger, 4 Josh Helps, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 6 Josh Macleod, 7 Dan Davis, 8 Uzair Cassiem.

Replacements: 16 Marc Jones, 17 Phil Price, 18 Javan Sebastian, 19 Tom Price, 20 Will Boyde, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Rhys Patchell, 23 Steff Evans.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I have a bad feeling about this game.

• Advertisement

It's odd that Scarlets would leave a player like Steff Evans on the bench, unless Ioan Nicholas is a superstar I don't know about!

They are missing plenty internationals also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It's odd that Scarlets would leave a player like Steff Evans on the bench, unless Ioan Nicholas is a superstar I don't know about!

They are missing plenty internationals also.

Steff Evans was left out while fit at the start of season too, there are obviously issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Looking forward to seeing Johnston in action.

Cant afford to give away too many penalties with Halfpenny on the field

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

It’s bucketing down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Anyone catch what the commentator was saying Johann had confirmed just before kick off...missed it .. anything important?

• Advertisement

Missed it as well.

Nice kick from Johnston.

Two lineouts and a scrum lost by Scarlets inside 5 mins. easy 3 points

Solid in the scrum and a well won penalty

Balls! ...as bad as the American football for in game ads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tg4 has been down for the last 4 minutes :(

Seems Scarlets have a try

Ah Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Is this Eir or the whole thing gone bang?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's all channels by looks of things.

S4C have it

• Advertisement

and we're back

S4C have it

Do they still have the dual commentary these days?

conditions awful, not going to be a pretty game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Akrasia wrote: »
    Do they still have the dual commentary these days?

No. Not allowed because of English language comms on other stations

Great kick by Alby and chase by the pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

That looked very bad.

Surely a card? Scarlets gave away multiple penalties on the line.

Rory Scannell's 100th cap for Munster today. Outstanding for such a young player, 25 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Surely a card? Scarlets gave away multiple penalties on the line.
    Card for next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

The offside line has become a joke the last few months

Advertisement