Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"I see something."

Given the recent stories about Randy Pitchford, I hope that something isn't from a USB thumb-drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Loved Borderlands 1 and 2. The right about of humour mixed with great fun.

• Loved the Borderlands games, but given the time that has passed since Borderlands 2 and where the industry and Gearbox are now I'm not exactly optimistic about Borderlands 3. Haven't most of the team that worked on BL2 left?

It's also baffling really why Gearbox would park it for so long as it's almost sure to be more successful than anything they have done since by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Loved the Borderlands games, but given the time that has passed since Borderlands 2 and where the industry and Gearbox are now I'm not exactly optimistic about Borderlands 3. Haven't most of the team that worked on BL2 left?

It's also baffling really why Gearbox would park it for so long as it's almost sure to be more successful than anything they have done since by a long way.

Still see the occasional tweet or retweet from Pitchford about events in Battleborn.

Who the f*ck is still playing Battleborn? Surely at this point he could just send them all a DM rather than publicly tweet it, and it wouldn't take that much longer.

I'd be excited for Borderlands 3 though. Skeptical and worried as it could be ripe for lootboxes/mtxs, and even more worried they might go "live service" route a la Destiny/Anthem. But Borderlands 2 (and even The Pre-Sequel but to a lesser extent) has gained them enough good grace with me to be excited for BL3. If they can recapture even most of that, I'm all in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think I have similar feelings to the rest of you - yay for more Borderlands, but boo cause Gearbox are hungry cnuts and will attempt to nickel and dime its customers like no one else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

if it's terrible I'll just use it as an excuse to play 2 again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought it was already in development to be honest, wasn't there an announcement a few years ago?

I thought it was already in development to be honest, wasn't there an announcement a few years ago?

I think they revealed or at least implied they were working on it but no footage or proper announcement of the game beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

my body is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i did see a game dev video where they showed some asset and new rendering technique they came up with to get that border lands look but that at least a year or two ago.

• Advertisement

• I just remembered since my last post there was the rumour of the re-release of the first game via a rating board somewhere a few weeks ago. Likely this is the news we'll hear. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I remember I used to really enjoy Gearbox games. The Borderlands & Brothers In Arms series but anytime I see Randy Pitchford's name mentioned in the last 5 or 6 years it's always in a bad light & with accusations, likely for a reason.

That's cause he's a shite-hawk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I'm looking forward to a new proper Borderlands, but the fear of MTs is leaving me tentative about it. I hope they don't include them, or if they do it's only for a MP part of the game. The SP game should work the same as the first 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I really hope they havent tried to mess with BL3 to make it fit in with the current trend, Borderlands was great because it beat its own drum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Vicxas wrote: »
    I really hope they havent tried to mess with BL3 to make it fit in with the current trend, Borderlands was great because it beat its own drum.
    And did not take things to serious; see actual humour in the game and a willingness to tease everyone. All time favorite is still BL2's D&D DLC (Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep) of course greatly helped by the fact Tiny Tina is by far the best character in the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bring it on.... looks like they kept the art style too? :)
    (Exit 3 = B3? Still hopeful for a Switch port of the first two games while I'm waiting...)

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1105543983516639232

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr E wrote: »
    Bring it on.... looks like they kept the art style too? :)
    (Exit 3 = B3? Still hopeful for a Switch port of the first two games while I'm waiting...)

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1105543983516639232

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :)

Just started BL2 on PC the other day after completing it on Xbox years ago and I'm having a blast with my buddy Claptrap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I also started it again a few days ago. One of the my most replayable and enjoyable games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

"SHOOT ME IN THE FACE, IN THE FAAAAAACE"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Vicxas wrote: »
    "SHOOT ME IN THE FACE, IN THE FAAAAAACE"

Shoots enemy in face. No reaction from enemy.

Best ai ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seen it mentioned in a few other places but God I hope they don't go the Destiny/Division/Anthem live service route.

Here's the fun thing though, I kinda think it would work quite well for the Borderlands "universe" as it's already a co-operative looter-shooter that doesn't have the "live" service element. I mean yea, you could play it single player if you wanted, and it was fun, but it was at it's best in co-op. Similarly, I played Destiny 2's campaign as a single player and it was grand, but it's a vastly superior game in co-op.

However, as it's Gearbox, I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea cause you know there'll be no endgame content that you're not paying another €30 a pop for...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Shiminay wrote: »
    Here's the fun thing though, I kinda think it would work quite well for the Borderlands "universe" as it's already a co-operative looter-shooter that doesn't have the "live" service element. I mean yea, you could play it single player if you wanted, and it was fun, but it was at it's best in co-op. Similarly, I played Destiny 2's campaign as a single player and it was grand, but it's a vastly superior game in co-op.

However, as it's Gearbox, I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea cause you know there'll be no endgame content that you're not paying another €30 a pop for...

Split screen co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No, keep it like the first 2. Nothing wrong with them, don't change what ain't broken. I'm sick of games offering a SP and co-op experience, but leaving the SP behind because some areas require co-op. Didn't have any of that in the original 2, don't want it in this one.

No, keep it like the first 2. Nothing wrong with them, don't change what ain't broken. I'm sick of games offering a SP and co-op experience, but leaving the SP behind because some areas require co-op. Didn't have any of that in the original 2, don't want it in this one.

Agreed. Even playing both Destiny games in single player as much as possible, it just screams at you at every turn that there's co-op in it. It also tends to affect story and NPC interactions etc.

The model of the previous games is hopefully the way they'll go, and keep it at that. Have paid DLC like the previous games. Pitchford has already kind of hinted there won't be lootboxes (in the common sense of the term) or pay-to-win, and that games shouldn't have a grind people don't enjoy. This to me would signal they won't go down the live service route as all that tends to be the core part of progression.

Then again, who knows what they'll come up with, or if they'll try "No no, our lootboxes are different..." ways around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

there was heaps of that with all the raid bosses...

• I liked co-op in borderlands but I had to have a separate character for it. Better to take your time exploring etc instead of someone gabbing away over the games dialogue, or worse in the first game were you ended up having your list quests updated when you joined someone's game to match theirs.

• there was heaps of that with all the raid bosses...

Some of us could solo those at OP8 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

B2 taking the good parts of Anthem/Division/Destiny would be a decent game.

I found end game in B2 was poor, Destiny kinda fixed that. Division offered a better build system but horrific menus to get there, B2 could do with more options/skills/talents. Anthems verticality and the actual shooting things in the face is well done, B2 was very Linear in start here go there type of way.

Advertisement