Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy power withdraw help

• 02-12-2018 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I rarely gamble but 2 days for the first time I decided to try to place a bet online. I chose paddy power as it was the first big name to come to mind

I registered an account and deposited 10e. I placed a bet and won, with the winnings I placed another bet and won again.

At this point I want to withdraw and see that I need to verify my identity. So I uploaded all required documents to their specification.

2 days later and I'm still waiting to hear of anything. It says on my account I have till the 3rd to be verified. If they fail to do this by then will I loose my account and winnings?

Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Peter Denham

Give them a shout on Paddy Power Live Chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I have tried several times today but just get stuck on connecting. On the app and on a my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

killanena wrote: »
    Hi all.

I rarely gamble but 2 days for the first time I decided to try to place a bet online. I chose paddy power as it was the first big name to come to mind

I registered an account and deposited 10e. I placed a bet and won, with the winnings I placed another bet and won again.

At this point I want to withdraw and see that I need to verify my identity. So I uploaded all required documents to their specification.

2 days later and I'm still waiting to hear of anything. It says on my account I have till the 3rd to be verified. If they fail to do this by then will I loose my account and winnings?

Thank you all in advance.

It always amazes me with bookmakers online that u can deposit online without identifacation for as long and as much as you want but at soon as you try and withdraw you have to supply numerous different documents and I’d . There Probaly ignoring you in the hope that u will gamble back the money you have won rather then withdrawing it . I gaurantee if you were looking for live chat over having an issue with deposing rather then withdrawal you would get feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

My account got suspended when I won and tried to withdraw iirc a number of years ago. Even after I confirmed my identity. I just wrote it off and never gave them my business again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Ok, I eventually got through on the live chat after over an hour of waiting. The person was helpful and was able to track down my submitted documents and verified my account. Im now able to withdraw thank god because its a nice sum in time for Christmas :)

Am I better off withdrawing to my debit card or directly into my bank?
    I heard you can withdraw with paypal too but im not finding the option anywhere, only to deposit with paypal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Take your money and run, and remember that banks are now looking unfavourably on people who have online gambling accounts if they are applying for mortgages or loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

Well done on the win OP!

killanena wrote: »
    Ok, I eventually got through on the live chat after over an hour of waiting. The person was helpful and was able to track down my submitted documents and verified my account. Im now able to withdraw thank god because its a nice sum in time for Christmas :)

Am I better off withdrawing to my debit card or directly into my bank?
    I heard you can withdraw with paypal too but im not finding the option anywhere, only to deposit with paypal?

Well Done. Spend wisely and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Next time when it asks what your enquiry iz in relation to tick 'deposit' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Be surprised if the op didn’t encounter the “can’t withdraw more than you deposit” limit which catches out the odd punter or two.

• Advertisement

Be surprised if the op didn’t encounter the “can’t withdraw more than you deposit” limit which catches out the odd punter or two.

Bastards. Made me deposit a tenner to withdraw 150. I didnt mind at the time but seriously haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Get a card off them and withdraw in a shop.....get your money instant rather than waiting 3/4 days online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Have been doing a €1 lucky 31 bet on premier league correct scores for a while now. Best I’ve done is 3/5 giving bout €600. Have always wondered what would happen if I get 5/5 and the big win, which will be depending on selectiobs/odds anything from 100-600k. As far as I can see the limit on this type of bet is £1million according to their site.
    Anyone know is PO would refuse to pay out on this bet if all 5 correct scores come in?? I can’t see how they can not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

They are a joke, im currently having issues with them, ive got a new and old visa debit card registered with them. I won a large some of money and they wont let me withdraw the full amount on the Live card, they are insiting i withdraw the remainder on the dead card or show them a statment from last PP transaction on the Dead card to remove it.

Does anybody know if i withdraw on the dead card does it still go to my account, ive withdrawn a test amount of e10 earlier to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Have been doing a €1 lucky 31 bet on premier league correct scores for a while now. Best I’ve done is 3/5 giving bout €600. Have always wondered what would happen if I get 5/5 and the big win, which will be depending on selectiobs/odds anything from 100-600k. As far as I can see the limit on this type of bet is £1million according to their site.
    Anyone know is PO would refuse to pay out on this bet if all 5 correct scores come in?? I can’t see how they can not.

They have the right to not honour your bet and there’s nothing you can do it’s in their Terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

They have the right to not honour your bet and there’s nothing you can do it’s in their Terms and conditions.

But surely they have to pay out the sums displayed as potential win when making the bet?? And if not you can pursue them legally.
    I understand there are bet limits, and that they have a case if they suspect you are funding the bet via syndicates or something.
    But a normal punter who just happens to get lucky that 1 time trying to predict the exact scores, and by some stroke of beautiful luck you get all 5 and the maths result in something like a 500k win, surely they have to pay it?? As I said the limit on this market is £1million. (site doesn’t seem to display € in terms)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

They are a joke, im currently having issues with them, ive got a new and old visa debit card registered with them. I won a large some of money and they wont let me withdraw the full amount on the Live card, they are insiting i withdraw the remainder on the dead card or show them a statment from last PP transaction on the Dead card to remove it.

Does anybody know if i withdraw on the dead card does it still go to my account, ive withdrawn a test amount of e10 earlier to see what happens.

I'm almost 100% sure that if you withdraw to old card it will still hit your bank account

Clippett wrote: »
    I'm almost 100% sure that if you withdraw to old card it will still hit your bank account

Hope so, I've sent through a test tenner to find out. The whole situation is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

Hope so, I've sent through a test tenner to find out. The whole situation is bizarre.

It is to do with anti laundering and also the possibility that someone could find your account left open, (Or hack into it), register a card and withdraw all your money.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

But surely they have to pay out the sums displayed as potential win when making the bet?? And if not you can pursue them legally.
    I understand there are bet limits, and that they have a case if they suspect you are funding the bet via syndicates or something.
    But a normal punter who just happens to get lucky that 1 time trying to predict the exact scores, and by some stroke of beautiful luck you get all 5 and the maths result in something like a 500k win, surely they have to pay it?? As I said the limit on this market is £1million. (site doesn’t seem to display € in terms)

My understanding is you cannot pursue a bookmaker through the courts for any bet. It has no legal standing.

However, there is a dispute resolution procedure that all the bookies sign up to. So I think it's safe to say that if you won 500k, and the max payout for that particular bet is 1m, then you'd get your 500k.

Most disputes I've read about are around confusion on the docket. Was it singles or accumulator, etc.

• Advertisement

Clippett wrote: »
    It is to do with anti laundering and also the possibility that someone could find your account left open, (Or hack into it), register a card and withdraw all your money.

Let me know how you get on.

The test €10 came through so that solves that problem. Problem 2 is now to win enough money to clear the negative equity off the old card so I can start withdrawing on my active card again.

Hows your experiences with Quinnbet?

I deposited €10 last night and won €80 on the slots. When i went to withdraw it said 'withdraw successful now pending with payments team"

Usually they ask for ya for ID and proof of address and it takes a few days.

Are quinnbet usually quick for withdrawals?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Rhodri Giggs, Paddy Power ambassador. Enough said!

Advertisement