Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whipping Boy - Heartworm info

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Blender44

Isn't it a broken mirror in the shape of heart?

Mmm I think you're correct - but also symbolic of a cage or a spiders web, both of which work - but whose work is it, and who is the Boy trapped within?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Blender44 wrote: »
    Mmm I think you're correct - but also symbolic of a cage or a spiders web, both of which work - but whose work is it, and who is the Boy trapped within?

I cant answer that,used to have a copy of the album it might be in the credits? ..actually had it on cassette no idea were it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

On the whipping boy topic, is there any possibility that they could get together again, even if just for a few live dates?

Yes, they'll be supporting the Smiths.

Its that unlikely sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Heartworm is a great record, brilliant energy but I still prefer Submarine. The latter captures their early live sound so well.
    The single edit of Twinkle is preferable to the longer album version.
    I have the blue vinyl pressing of Heartworm; I remember Virgin in Dublin having plenty copies - they took quite a while to shift them.

The Philo Version of When We Were Young is brilliant. You never hear it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

+1 for "Submarine" - cracking record i still play often,
    love the guitar work and sound on it ,
    i was a 90's shoegazer!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Another +1 for 'Submarine', far prefer it over Heartworm. Got it on record when it came out and still often play it.

Paul Page replied to a tweet i had on it ages ago. Said it was recorded in 10/11 days, something like that if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Big Vern wrote: »
    Another +1 for 'Submarine', far prefer it over Heartworm. Got it on record when it came out and still often play it.

Paul Page replied to a tweet i had on it ages ago. Said it was recorded in 10/11 days, something like that if i remember correctly.

Heard that as well; recorded quickly.
    I bought the LP in Comet at the time.

The CD version must have sold very poorly. I wanted a copy for the car a few years back, was on my wantlist on Discogs for months before one showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Anyone else think the Fontaines are a watered down Whipping Boy? Just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

grenadino wrote: »

Try Yelling Bones! It's Myles' new project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

grenadino wrote: »

dont see it myself, totally different sound

Advertisement