Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back pack question

Options
  • 26-02-2019 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭

So my job role has changed a bit and i need to wear shirt and trousers.

So any tips for keeping these in a decent condition in a running back pack when running to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Fold and roll as tightly as possible is how i do it, not perfect, but it won't be a ball of creases either.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Run home from work instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

Two options I'd recommend.

1. Bring your gear for the week in on a Monday and only run with essentials each day. Assuming you have storage in work. Some places offer dry cleaning delivery so you never have to bring home anything form the office

2. Packing cubes. Never used these but there were recommended when I was research run-mutting. Like VW_! said above, the tighter the roll, the less likely they'll crease. Packing cubes can help keep things compact

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Run home from work instead?

Sadly this option won't work, the morning time is where I will get the time. Might run before work also.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Another vote for bringing everything in on Monday, and running the other days without a backpack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Leave a couple of jumpers in work

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

get a Garment Bag Small from

https://iamrunbox.com/collections/organizers/products/garment-bag-small?variant=22762923950180

I got one of these 4 or 5 years ago and it has served me well. Holds a trousers and a shirt, once you fold them according to the instructions they emerge again from the box unwrinkled. You can shove it in any running back pack then. I use an OMM Classic 32. I can fit the iamrunbox in that which has trousers & shirt, a pair of shoes (if neccessary although i normally leave these at work), fresh set of running gear and a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

RayCun wrote: »
    Another vote for bringing everything in on Monday, and running the other days without a backpack

I do this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I do this too!

Yeah I will probably go down this route but will still need to roll them tightly so they are in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Leave a couple of jumpers in work

I do this!! Got some strange looks during the heatwave. Better hot than ppl seeing my unironed shirt! And joking aside with a nice jumper it looks quite good

• Advertisement
Advertisement