Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW28 Captain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Mo Salah ran riot v Watford last season . Hoping more of the same

So am I. for FPL and personal allegiance reasons.

it won't be the same though.

Watford are schizophrenic, but they are on a good run. they are also a better team under Gracia - there really is no doubt about that. they offer a lot more going forward than last season. Liverpool's best hope is that they try to make it an open game, but teams have surely learned that lesson (well, every team bar Bournemouth).

also, Liverpool are not the same attacking team. Salah isn't trusting himself to glide past people, and the front 3 combinations just aren't coming off. they could click, but it's unlikely, and I'll be flabbergasted if Salah gets a hat trick or more.

I'd snap your hand off now for a goal from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Have changed my captain 3 times in the last 20 minutes, when in doubt Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Hovering between Aguero and Salah but presently on Salah due to Pep risk..

then I look and see possibilities for Lacazette v Bou...soo confused:confused::D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jiminez over Salah anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hovering between Aguero and Salah but presently on Salah due to Pep risk..

then I look and see possibilities for Lacazette v Bou...soo confused:confused::D

I captained him at the weekend but not this time as I suspect Auba will be back to limit Laca's time on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Triple captain on Sane

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sticking with Salah this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Why the love for Salah this week? Genuine question.

Not a single shot on target v United. Has been in poor form (by his standards). Also Watford in great form at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping him but can't see past Pogba for captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Went with Aguero..thats if he plays

Jiminez as back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Not a single shot on target v United. Has been in poor form (by his standards). Also Watford in great form at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping him but can't see past Pogba for captain.

Probably because of his record against Watford. 6 goals and 3 assists in 3 games against them. I was tempted to captain him but his form is putting me off so chancing Sane instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've pretty much contemplated all my starters in the last 5 mins. I'm now moving on to giving the armband to players I don't even own.

I would punt on Sane if I had him. Gonna make do with Sterling (or Aguero, Mane, Jiminez or Doherty).... Sterling for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He scored 4 goals in this fixture last season, which coincidentally was days after he'd been shut out at Old Trafford. Sounds like a good omen to me which is why he's my captain this week.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Salah. Would be Auba if i had him. Have Aguero and Sterling but i'm not confident of either in terms of minutes. I also think they could struggle without Fernandinho, Laporte and Stones, as well as the fatigue of 120mins + pens just 3 days before.

Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Aguero (C), Salah (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Going with hopefully the 'safest bet' of a guranteed starter and the pole majority.
    Salah (c) PEA (VC)
    Would love to captain PEA or Aguero but can't risk it.

Screw it! PEA (C)

Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was really tempted to cap Rondon today but chickened out and went with Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Auba captain for the second gameweek running.

He scored 4 goals in this fixture last season, which coincidentally was days after he'd been shut out at Old Trafford. Sounds like a good omen to me which is why he's my captain this week.

Christ. I like that reasoning! I have it on Pogba though....... Hopefully my gut is right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thank fook I didn't captain Jimenez

Christ. I like that reasoning! I have it on Pogba though....... Hopefully my gut is right.

Phew - genuinely great feeling when a gut move proves right.

Advertisement