Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials Rising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Trials games almost as bad as Dynasty Warriors at this stage, bringing out the same game over and over and over...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trials games almost as bad as Dynasty Warriors at this stage, bringing out the same game over and over and over...

Well they did try trials of the blood dragon making a more Arcadey version but I think fans of the series are happy with more of the same. Physics are already perfect so a new setting and new challenges are fine by me. They could easily charge more than 25 quid as well so happy out with the price.

Open beta next week 21st to 24th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Open beta next week 21st to 24th Feb.

Pretty sure that I signed up for the beta, but heard nothing :(

I will give the open beta a go for sure.
    With Fusion, it was really a €40 game masquerading as a €20 game, as the base game was 20 and season pass was another 20.
    Oh and the unicorn thing was another 10er, that I never got, cos they had the cheek not to include it to season pass holders :)

This game is just a flat €25 so?

I got so many hours and enjoyment out of Fusion, it was well worth the 20, worth more imo. I got the season pass on sale as well. This has a season pass as well with 2 expansions confirmed to release this year. Will get that when on sale as well.

I got into the private beta and the levels were class but not enough hard tracks to test out.

• Advertisement

I got so many hours and enjoyment out of Fusion, it was well worth the 20, worth more imo. I got the season pass on sale as well. This has a season pass as well with 2 expansions confirmed to release this year. Will get that when on sale as well.

I got into the private beta and the levels were class but not enough hard tracks to test out.

Oh I agree about Fusion, loved it.
    I pre-ordered the €40 version at the time, as I knew I wanted the full experience.
    Ended up buying it across 3 platforms too :pac:

Just saw there that Smyths have the gold version of Rising for €35, which includes the season pass! Definitely going to pre-order that now :D

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=trials+rising

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Oh I agree about Fusion, loved it.
    I pre-ordered the €40 version at the time, as I knew I wanted the full experience.
    Ended up buying it across 3 platforms too :pac:

Just saw there that Smyths have the gold version of Rising for €35, which includes the season pass! Definitely going to pre-order that now :D

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=trials+rising

Aw for **** sake that was 45 when I checked last week so I Pre-ordered the digital version on PSN for 25. Definitely would have gotten that in smyths.

Look forward to competing with your times :)

Open beta available to download now on PS4, Xbox and pc. Kicks off the 21st.

Professor Fatshady, who is in the game doing the tutorials, has shown off one of them and they look a great addition to the series. This particular one, Transitions, will be a big help to a lot of players to understand and practice.

Loving the beta, the levels look great and the difficulty is still there. The tutorial is excellent, I believe only the first few are in the beta. I really like the gear and sticker system, made myself Deadpool with an Infinity Gauntlet.

Here is a poor attempt at a Hard level, made some stupid mistakes but zero fault run definitely doable.

• Advertisement

This is unlocking tonight at 11pm Irish time. Feel free to add me me on PSN if you're looking to compare times - sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This is unlocking tonight at 11pm Irish time. Feel free to add me me on PSN if you're looking to compare times - sheehy83

Went to preorder it earlier and the Gold Edition has been removed from the Irish PSN store. I have contacted Ubisoft who have stated they are trying to rectify the error.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/grid/search-game/1?query=trials%20rising

Gold edition is up on the psn store again.

That 11pm launch was a lie, another 55 minutes :(

Gold edition is up on the psn store again.

That 11pm launch was a lie, another 55 minutes :(

Still not showing up for me on the web store or on console. The Gold Edition is available on psn, as long as you aren't on an Irish account. I reckon someone f'd up and removed it alongside the beta earlier.

Still not showing up for me on the web store or on console. The Gold Edition is available on psn, as long as you aren't on an Irish account. I reckon someone f'd up and removed it alongside the beta earlier.

Sorry you're right, I saw it under the preorder section on the store but clicked into it there and says content not available. Serious **** up hours before a launch.

I have the regular edition pre-ordered, will pick up the season pass when it goes on sale.

Gold Edition is available now. Lost out on the preorder bonus, but it was only a few cosmetic items anyway. The expansion pass is €20 and I hope to never touch the igc purchases.

I was able to make Solaire in the game. This has just crept into GOTY contention.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1100201292457263105?s=19

I'm selling Solaire jumpers, 3 for a pound.

474061.jpg

Gold editions went on sale in Argos this morning.

€32.99 on PS4, Xbox and Switch :)

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=TRIALS+RISING

Got a couple of hours in last night and loving it so far. I just unlocked the medium tracks in Europe, looks like it will be a while before I unlock hard/extreme. Not like Fusion where you open a set of races and see the small number being of easy ,medium, hard, extreme. So a bit grindy getting through easy/ medium at the moment. The tracks are fun but hard/extreme is where I most enjoy the game. Setting good times on Hard while just trying to finish the track on extreme.

I got to level 15 and unlocked the 2nd bike, rhino. Looks like the Mantis is unlocked at 42 so will be a while yet to unlock that although I've been levelling up every 2nd track, if not sooner so shouldn't take too long.

The tracks have excellent detail, some great moments going on around you. The customisation is brilliant, literally make anyone who want with the sticker system. I like the gear boxes you get on levelling up although it's mostly fluff you can buy with in-game money anyway. I haven't been hit with any microtransaction stuff yet. I've found it in the menu but looks like fluff as well. I saw people complaining about loot boxes but looks grand to me.

The control of the bikes is perfect, just lovely. A lot of fun so far and will be even better once I have some hard tracks to get stuck into.

• Advertisement

So gameplay wise, lots of fun and great tracks but the progression system is ****ing horrible. I'm level 50 and still on medium tracks. I read hard unlocks at level 53 thank **** but at the moment I'm playing levels with contacts that give high court just to level up to unlock the next League. I have no problem replaying tracks, even the easy ones, to get a better time but the contexts mostly having you so a number of backflips, number of backflips and no faults etc. Times go out the window and I'm just flipping my way across maps to grind XP. Not fun. Devs are aware of our as tons on Reddit complaining about the same.

The progression in Fusion was way better and have you access to hard and expert tracks straight away.

I don't totally hate the progression here in Rising, but I definitely prefer the one in Fusion!

Are the devs going to do anything about it though?
    Or just acknowledge it for the next game down the line? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I don't totally hate the progression here in Rising, but I definitely prefer the one in Fusion!

Are the devs going to do anything about it though?
    Or just acknowledge it for the next game down the line? :)

What level are you brophy? I think the only thing they can do is give more XP to level people up faster but not sure if they will.

What level are you brophy? I think the only thing they can do is give more XP to level people up faster but not sure if they will.

Just after hitting level 26, taking it slowly!!
    Yeah that might be a quick fix alright, but who knows!!

So gameplay wise, lots of fun and great tracks but the progression system is ****ing horrible. I'm level 50 and still on medium tracks. I read hard unlocks at level 53 thank **** but at the moment I'm playing levels with contacts that give high court just to level up to unlock the next League. I have no problem replaying tracks, even the easy ones, to get a better time but the contexts mostly having you so a number of backflips, number of backflips and no faults etc. Times go out the window and I'm just flipping my way across maps to grind XP. Not fun. Devs are aware of our as tons on Reddit complaining about the same.

The progression in Fusion was way better and have you access to hard and expert tracks straight away.

Yeah they've literally taken the progression system wrt contracts straight out of Frontier, except without the annoying time gates.

I've finally reached level 53 but no sign of the hard tracks unlocking. I can't do any more backflip contracts man, I just can't.

So it's level 58 that unlocks 4 hard tracks and then 68 unlocks a further 6 hard tracks apparently. I'm 55 at the minute and just not enjoying it at all, so disappointing. Feel like just playing a different game and hoping a patch reduces XP needed to level up or just unlock hard and extreme tracks sooner.

Someone found the cat & unicorn and stuff from trials of the blood dragon in a pile of rubbish. Devs telling us they knew those were awful :)

jkvso290btj21.png

Advertisement