Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New tyres for 2016 30Kw Nissan leaf?

• 29-06-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Anyone had any experience in the best combination of price/performance tyres to change to for a 2016 Nissan Leaf.
    I ruined the tyres yesterday driving through melted tarmac. But they need to be changed anyway so might as well bite the bullet now.

I don't want the tyres that are on it when knew thought. They are an awful tyre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

Size?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Anyone had any experience in the best combination of price/performance tyres to change to for a 2016 Nissan Leaf.
    I ruined the tyres yesterday driving through melted tarmac. But they need to be changed anyway so might as well bite the bullet now.

I don't want the tyres that are on it when knew thought. They are an awful tyre.

For 16" I'd get Goodyear Vector 4Seasons G2. A for wet handling, B for efficency, 68 dB.

https://www.oponeo.ie/details-tyre/goodyear-vector-4seasons-g2-205-55-r16-91-v#202390439

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭LotharIngum

Thanks guys.
    I think its 16 . Must check the car though.
    Nearly surs its 16.

Anywhere I can go to just buy them and have them fitted in one stop?

I don't really want to order tyres and then have to bring them down to the fitters.

I don't really want to order tyres and then have to bring them down to the fitters.

Good luck finding a shop that stocks all-season tyres in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

grogi wrote: »
    Good luck finding a shop that stocks all-season tyres in Ireland.

They may not have them in stock but they'll be able to get them within a day or two at most.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any further feedback on L30 tyres.
    Mine are FL 1.8mm, FR3.2mm, RL 4mm and RR 4.5mm so apparently bit more wear on the left hand side of the vehicle.
    Comparing fronts to back the backs are even wear whereas the outside edges of the fronts are more worn particularly so on the front left where they are badly worn relative to inside wear...
    Current tyres are the stock ones from new, Michelin Energy Saver, 205/55 R16...and plan is to replace both fronts...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,680 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Leaf (:D) the rears for the next few months but replace the fronts. With one at 1.8mm, you really should be doing this immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I replaced my 30kw with these Bridgestone Turanza T005 205/55 R16 91V
    Done around 35k still have plenty left..

Edit - just had a discount code email from eiretyres.com EBRDIE19 order by 6/3/2019 5% discount

unkel wrote: »
    Leaf (:D) the rears for the next few months but replace the fronts. With one at 1.8mm, you really should be doing this immediately.

Oh, totally agreed, I took a number of depths and always go with the lowest, it will be done this week, as it was the passenger side I just never clocked it...

Thought these tyres (given their size) would be the same price local rather than internet ordering and getting fitted local but the Michelin Energy Saver + coming in around a ton and the Turanza T005 more expensive.
    Way cheaper to buy online €80/€65 and get fitting at €15/corner when looking at the Turanza

• Advertisement

On a front wheel EV it's better to get A rated tyres for wet grip. It helps with wheel spin, the stock Ecopia tyres are dirt in the wet. Avoid .

Both the tyres I'm looking at (mentioned above) are BAB so rated A for wet grip, totally agree on the wheel spin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,412 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anywhere I can go to just buy them and have them fitted in one stop?

You don't have to. Select a tyre fitter from the website and have them delivered there.

You can even have them delivered to a mobile tyre fitter and get them fitted either at your home or at your place of work which is what I did. I can give you a recommendation if you're in the Dublin/Wicklow area.

Scottie99 wrote: »
    I replaced my 30kw with these Bridgestone Turanza T005 205/55 R16 91V
    Done around 35k still have plenty left..

Edit - just had a discount code email from eiretyres.com EBRDIE19 order by 6/3/2019 5% discount

Thanks. The discount is valid only with T005 though.

So after a lot of phoning around...pair of

Michelin Energy Saver, 205/55 R16 91V, €190 fitted, balanced and they'll rotate rears

Bridgestone Turanza T005 205/55 R16 91V, €171 fitted, balanced and they'll rotate rears

Is it worth it rotating the rears and if so would it be worth it to look at tracking (€30) seeing as I'm messing with every corner, currently smooth as butter with no shakes or anything like it at motorway speeds.

Which would ye go for of the two also?

The time has come for new tyres on my Leaf L30.

Any latest suggestions for replacements please?

Some help please

My car is in for service today....and I need to order new tyres.

Does anyone know what size I should be looking for a 2017 Leaf Tekna 30KW please?

Or recommendations for tyres please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

TheTorment wrote: »
    Some help please

My car is in for service today....and I need to order new tyres.

Does anyone know what size I should be looking for a 2017 Leaf Tekna 30KW please?

Or recommendations for tyres please

215-50-17

Advertisement