Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Camp leader mechanic was an interesting one to try out, not sure I'd be mad on it especially in a game with zero good roles. Relatively low number of evils was offset with the lack of power roles but it was even difficult right till the death for the village to form any kind of core as a result. QB played her role really well though so that might be the issue with the village core never forming :)

Apologies to G&R, Went deep on the tunnel there :D

All in all, an enjoyable game that went to the death

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

First off great game mods, very enjoyable to watch.

The CL, for the theme, I think it was a great idea. I don't think there would much difference to normal lynching, especially early on as players could still post FFAs and just use the CL announce who to lynch. Although, the timeframe for this may not have been as convenient as usually and at the end game it could have worked in favour for a team.

The no roles was probably my least favourite part, as has been pointed out, nearly impossible to clear anyone and is a disadvantage to the village, although given the ratio of vil to baddies it was balanced out well.

Finally, the mentor program, being the first time we used it I wasn't sure how much advise was needed from us and I may have posted too much and confused Mam. As the mods correctly pointed out to me, maybe reactive rather than proactive is the way to. Had a great mentee, really had fun working with Mam :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Loved the game. I think it’s great to try new things. I liked the no rolls aspect (wouldn’t want it every game, but wouldn’t mind seeing it back every now and then). The CL I liked a bit less. Once I was done voting for them at 6pm, the excitement of the 9pm lynch result wasn’t there.

The newbs did brilliantly. Mam, you’re so unsure of yourself in your mentor room but most of your reads were on the money so you just need the conviction. I hope to see you all back regularly, and spread the word ;)

Kinda unrelated to this game, but I’d like to bring up again (hope I’m not opening a can of worms) but based on a previous game having the roles decided by mods I did find myself this game wondering if the same had happened and taking that into account when determining alliegences. Eg: could Mam and Whippy both be in the wolf team, would mods put two newbs on a team? I think this just reiterated that we really should abandon any non random selection of roles once and for all so we’re never left wondering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

duffman13 wrote: »

Apologies to G&R, Went deep on the tunnel there :D

Somebody is going to have to provide a dictionary for me at some stage for the lingo! I'm old and not a gamer!

Really enjoyed the game.I can see why ye only do one a month, its high intensity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Green&Red wrote: »
    Somebody is going to have to provide a dictionary for me at some stage for the lingo! I'm old and not a gamer!

Really enjoyed the game.I can see why ye only do one a month, its high intensity
    Tunnel, tunnel vision, like wearing horse blinkers, you believe something enough that you start reinforcing that belief without allowing yourself to see things that would allow for the opposite to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Green&Red wrote: »

Ask Drumpot next game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I STILL think you're a wolf G&R! Now thats how far down the fine rabbit hole I went!!! Lol.

Great game. Well done QB for a fantastic win. Genuinely gasped out loud this morning when I read the final few posts from the game.
    Will post a bit more feedback once I'm home from me holliers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Enjoyed the game, but was confused by the characters being assigned and then never mentioned again until the kill note.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Enjoyed the game, but was confused by the characters being assigned and then never mentioned again until the kill note.

That's not fair.

I won't forgive you if you had no idea who i was playing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah.

So, ideally, we were hoping people might spend a little bit of Day 0 trying to figure out if characters were linked to powers; was Dog the Bounty Hunter the bodyguard, were the wolves like likes of OJ, etc. I'd also hoped that when people realized they weren't, that they might have had fun messing with the idea of role playing the characters. As far as I know, Keith did a bit early on as Gordon Ramsey, but that was kind of the extent of it. I think we had a note in the rules about staying in game world, as there usually is.

But it never quite kicked off. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I did NOT understand that characters were flavour only. My PM said something about how I was 'currently' NRV so I thought at some point I'd be activated. Which is why I didnt role play as Dog at all. Kinda bummed now. From what I know he's a bit of an obnoxious ****. Could've given Gordon a run for his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I really enjoyed the game. Thought the newbies done great and enjoyed the CL aspect. I liked the prizes but the only thing I didn’t like was that the wolves could win them too. With the village not having any roles and with not being able to guarantee the prizes going to the village - if the wolves won a good few of them (and anything is possible in this game) then it could have unbalanced the game.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I did NOT understand that characters were flavour only. My PM said something about how I was 'currently' NRV so I thought at some point I'd be activated. Which is why I didnt role play as Dog at all. Kinda bummed now. From what I know he's a bit of an obnoxious ****. Could've given Gordon a run for his money.

I would have really enjoyed not being the only loud obnocious c*nt in the game :) I think i got the same pm as you though, about currently being NRV, but you do not have any initial powers, but i ran with it, didnt hide from what may happen, and embraced what i had at the time.

The irony is not totally lost, that i embraced the nrv completely and actually got turned, therefore getting some powers afterall.

and my luck for prizes was abismal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Great game mods, dying before the even voting once allowed me to get some work done this week but read through the whole thing about a day or so behind the action.

If roles didn’t matter... I should have been Dog The Bounty Hunter :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    and my luck for prizes was abismal!

Mine is worse. I got a prize and gave the enemy a new player!! Negative prizing. At least yours is neutral prizing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Great game mods, dying before the even voting once allowed me to get some work done this week but read through the whole thing about a day or so behind the action.

If roles didn’t matter... I should have been Dog The Bounty Hunter :D

I would have claimed Hulk Hogan straight off the bat, even if I wasn't him. Could have been hilarious if things still played out as they did and sully/Hogan died night 0 - not sure how I'd explain that one away :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Exactly the same, I was reading way more into that I should, I was Ryan Tubridy (NRV for now) sure in the knowledge if got elected I'd have some cool power to interview people or something.

Alas it didn't happen but I was quiet like Tubridy in that I also hadn't a clue what I was talking about this gsme :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,815 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Well I was Twink , and the only thing I know about her is her phrase Zip Up Your ****** , which I couldn't really go around shouting in the camp :D

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Well I was Twink , and the only thing I know about her is her phrase Zip Up Your ****** , which I couldn't really go around shouting in the camp :D

She's got a real potty mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I had loads of posters ready for my character, they just wern't the character I was given :-/

Duffman robbed ye of that though so :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah.

So, ideally, we were hoping people might spend a little bit of Day 0 trying to figure out if characters were linked to powers; was Dog the Bounty Hunter the bodyguard, were the wolves like likes of OJ, etc. I'd also hoped that when people realized they weren't, that they might have had fun messing with the idea of role playing the characters. As far as I know, Keith did a bit early on as Gordon Ramsey, but that was kind of the extent of it. I think we had a note in the rules about staying in game world, as there usually is.

But it never quite kicked off. :/
    It was on my to do list to use my character to claim a role. We discussed it in the BR. But then I was brutally murdered before my time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was on my to do list to use my character to claim a role. We discussed it in the BR. But then I was brutally murdered before my time.

Oh lordy, when I saw you thinking of claiming a role, I was getting very nervous but in a funny way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mario Vs Sonic

I liked doing the split islands straight off the bat. Was a lot cleaner and easier modwise.

Doing the convert after the islands merged was preplanned, as it made sure the smaller numbers on each island didnt make finding the wolves a matter of claiming roles and whittling down the numbers. Would recommend. If we had more players, each wolf team may have gotten a convert, and the heroes probably would have had more goodies to play with. Worked out well imo the way it was anyway.

I was only saying to my comods - the 'play in the interests of your character' rule seems to have slipped off the slate. If Barney had decided to play for a village win after being converted, it wouldnt have strictly been against the rules. Slight oversight on my part. I wouldnt have expected Barney to do that as he is a good sport, but i wouldnt have blamed him if he did. Might want to put that rule back in.

I think the Sunday starts are a winner. Really takes the pressure off if a game is looking to carry into Thursday / Friday. Would especially work well with higher number games.

If i think of anything else ill throw it up. Any questions please fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I like the islands but I think we need bigger numbers for it if we're going past 1 lynch as two groups, its disheartening that we did very well on our island and then missing our final kill ended up being a help for us as there were 7 choose 3 instead of 6 choose 3. With 2 wolves a team, or 12/14 players per island it probably would have been 100%. I can see how the split helps and hinders both sides depending on the setup, in this case I think we were a little too limited by the size of the wolves in comparison to their islands.

It very easy to settle into the game with split numbers though, way easier to follow and i find it much easier to read people with the smaller groups, wouldn't like it every game either.

I'm taking it as a good mechanic though because I'm not totally mad on it and I think I'd rather play without but I still don't want it to go away, so fair play mods, ye designed it well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I loved the split islands, think it was well planned and executed. Just to comment re: Digi's above notes, I think a reduction of original wolves might have made things much more difficult. Three in ten (original wolves) is much easier to spot than two amongst the votes.

6 wolves (eventually 7) in a 20 player game seemed overkill to me but I think it actually harmed the wolf teams more than the village when the numbers got tighter.
    Also not that it mattered massively but why no role reveal with no priests? Just curious.

Other than that slight caveat, I loved the game. Tasks were brilliant, posting, an FFA and a vote was very clever so kudos on that.

The powers worked well and overall the game was well designed. Fair play folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necro wrote: »
    I loved the split islands, think it was well planned and executed. Just to comment re: Digi's above notes, I think a reduction of original wolves might have made things much more difficult. Three in ten (original wolves) is much easier to spot than two amongst the votes.

6 wolves (eventually 7) in a 20 player game seemed overkill to me but I think it actually harmed the wolf teams more than the village when the numbers got tighter.
    Also not that it mattered massively but why no role reveal with no priests? Just curious.

Other than that slight caveat, I loved the game. Tasks were brilliant, posting, an FFA and a vote was very clever so kudos on that.

The powers worked well and overall the game was well designed. Fair play folks.

I figured the no role reveals was to balance the wolves only having half the amount of roles to claim, so we could always claim NRV as there was always an undisclosed amount alive.

I'm not sure what you mean about the reduction, do you think 2 in 10 would have been unfair on the village?

I figured the no role reveals was to balance the wolves only having half the amount of roles to claim, so we could always claim NRV as there was always an undisclosed amount alive.

I'm not sure what you mean about the reduction, do you think 2 in 10 would have been unfair on the village?

No it would have been better for both sides, sorry. Votes of two infinitely more harder to analyse than 3, especially with all good flips on your island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So did i stack it for or against the wolves this time?

Advertisement