Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Italy vs Ireland match thread, 24-2-2019.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Is Conan injured? Thought he'd be next choice when CJS isn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Is Conan injured? Thought he'd be next choice when CJS isn't available.

Apparently so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's unfortunate for Conan. I thought he played well against Scotland and deserved another start against Italy.

Not a huge fan of Murphy at 8 in that backrow. He's a good player, but maybe not alongside PoM. Think we're lacking powerful carriers.

Clegg wrote: »
    That's unfortunate for Conan. I thought he played well against Scotland and deserved another start against Italy.

I don't know if he would have got one. Nordi needs some minutes in green and he's just so much more likely to be on the plane to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Loving the shot they went with for the Irish team announcement on the BBC:

_105746678_cronin_body.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Delighted for Dillane, deserves a start and he and Roux should transfer well to the international stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

This is going to be my first ever away game. Any tips?

Sanjuro wrote: »

Bring down flares and wear a Lazio Jersey.

troyzer wrote: »
    Bring down flares and wear a Lazio Jersey.

Noted. Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Take your time and walk to the stadium if the weather is good. How long are you going to be in Rome?

• Advertisement

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Take your time and walk to the stadium if the weather is good. How long are you going to be in Rome?

Tomorrow morning til Monday evening. Not a huge amount of time. Staying round the corner from the Colliseum, so that'll be that ticked off the list immediately.

Loving the shot they went with for the Irish team announcement on the BBC:

_105746678_cronin_body.jpg

Feck.. is that the try line or the half way line...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's Rome. Whatever corner you turn it's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's Rome. Whatever corner you turn it's history.

Defo, and you can walk everywhere (inc the stadium). Altho we hopped on tram after match to get back to city centre. Not much else at the stadium, bar the eh stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

* i think any match involving Italy should be played first thing on a saturday

cause lets face it.. 9 times out of 10 there usually error strewn one sided affairs, yawnfest

anyone agree with me???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know a site where I'd offload two spares for this game ? (I know I can't sell here)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Badly need a BP win if we want too keep our title hopes alive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

They will have to do a demotion job on Italy tomorrow to remind the other teams we are still around and haven't gone away.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Badly need a BP win if we want too keep our title hopes alive

After yesterday's results realistically we're coming third

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Amprodude wrote: »
    They will have to do a demotion job on Italy tomorrow to remind the other teams we are still around and haven't gone away.

But will we? Can't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

After yesterday's results realistically we're coming third

All to play for yet, blitz Italy first, then we need to beat France (a bonus point there could be significant), then depending how Wales and England go in the rest of their matches we could be in with a chance of 2nd if we can beat Wales, but 1st looks very unlikely now.

All to play for yet, blitz Italy first, then we need to beat France (a bonus point there could be significant), then depending how Wales and England go in the rest of their matches we could be in with a chance of 2nd if we can beat Wales, but 1st looks very unlikely now.

England have Italy, then Scotland...and Wales have Scotland in the next round... that's 2 guaranteed wins for England...and 1 for Wales...it's between them for both first and second

England have Italy, then Scotland...and Wales have Scotland in the next round... that's 2 guaranteed wins for England...and 1 for Wales...it's between them for both first and second

Wales are on 12, even a bonus win against Scotland (in Murrayfield) which is not easy, that only puts them on 17.
    If Ireland win with a bonus against Italy, we’ll be on 9,
    And beat France we’ll be on 13, or if we could get a bonus that’s 14.
    Then the last day would be a fight for second, keep Wales to 17 points and we win we could be on 18, possibly 19 if we got a bonus, though that would be very unlikely in Cardiff.
    England will surely pick up 5 against Italy, putting them on 15. They’d need a bonus point win against Scotland to get to 20, if they finish on 19 or less it is possible for Ireland to catch them, but there are a lot of possibilities to come so will have to wait and see.
    It’s not impossible for Ireland to build a come-back from here, but the odds are not in our favour.

Wales are on 12, even a bonus win against Scotland (in Murrayfield) which is not easy, that only puts them on 17.
    If Ireland win with a bonus against Italy, we’ll be on 9,
    And beat France we’ll be on 13, or if we could get a bonus that’s 14.
    Then the last day would be a fight for second, keep Wales to 17 points and we win we could be on 18, possibly 19 if we got a bonus, though that would be very unlikely in Cardiff.
    England will surely pick up 5 against Italy, putting them on 15. They’d need a bonus point win against Scotland to get to 20, if they finish on 19 or less it is possible for Ireland to catch them, but there are a lot of possibilities to come so will have to wait and see.
    It’s not impossible for Ireland to build a come-back from here, but the odds are not in our favour.

Mathematically we can win the championship...the reality is, we won't...at this point I don't see us beating Wales, look would love if we pinched second... but everything is against us right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Venjur wrote: »

Waving around a wooden spoon...... brilliant!

Murray Kinsella’s preview, some good insight from Joe Schmidt, Kearney, and O’Mahony.
    https://www.the42.ie/ireland-italy-preview-murray-sexton-4509618-Feb2019/?amp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 66,774 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Get through this without significant injury and experiment some more would satisfy me tbh.

Stopping Wales would be a good enough 6 nations in a WC year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Get through this without significant injury and experiment some more would satisfy me tbh.

Stopping Wales would be a good enough 6 nations in a WC year.

I be happy if we turned up and spoilt the party in Cardiff. We have a habit of doing that. You can ask the English that.

Advertisement