Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome trip - pub recommendations

• 14-02-2019 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Any recommendations for a pub to drink in after the Italy v Ireland game on the 24th? I am going over for it with my wife....was wondering if there'll be particular pubs people will be congregating in.

Comments

Shero1985 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a pub to drink in after the Italy v Ireland game on the 24th? I am going over for it with my wife....was wondering if there'll be particular pubs people will be congregating in.

Id assume any of the Irish bars.

From memory of my trip to Rome finding bars wasn't easy so the Irish ones were a massive proportion of the ones we found.

There's a large amount of then though. I liked the Poets Corner/Scholers Rest... can't recall which one it was but its near the castle. I think it had loads of pictures from the Rome games so might be a bit more rugby centred and the food was decent too.

Edit: Scholars Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Scholars lounge is the only one you need to know. Usually a classic match on the big screen and bus outside the door to the stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Shero1985

Thanks folks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Heading over this weekend and I have been a couple of times before.

Scholars is grand but is the usual packed Irish bar on match days. Irish music, drunks etc.

If that is what you are looking for its grand

Before the match might be better than after

Advertisement