Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The mind boggles that you couldn’t sense that that post was dripping in sarcasm :p

Ha! Was it really? Lol, it's so hard to tell with her!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The mind boggles that you couldn’t sense that that post was dripping in sarcasm :p

Authenticity is watching illegal streams apparently. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh lol!!! Still I wouldn’t put anything past her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Authenticity is watching illegal streams apparently. :pac:

The irony of putting your own content behind a paywall and then pirating someone elses....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

In the argot of FBG, I cannot deal...with these moving collages of her mornings. Yesterday it was getting her daughter ready (with an emphasis on her clothes & accessories - because that's how all young mums roll??) and this morning, it's making coffee.
    I generally like how mumsy she is - and her little girl is absolutely adorable - but is this 'content'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Rmgblue

Since this - I’ve watched her change her clothes approx 10 time - on fast forward Thank Christ. Im afraid to check how many likes it got. It’s only encouraging her
    In the argot of FBG, I cannot deal...with these moving collages of her mornings. Yesterday it was getting her daughter ready (with an emphasis on her clothes & accessories - because that's how all young mums roll??) and this morning, it's making coffee.
    I generally like how mumsy she is - and her little girl is absolutely adorable - but is this 'content'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There was a segment today on The Business on RTÉ about Influencers.
    Influencing the Market
    Influencers were getting a grilling this week as ''Fyre: The greatest party that never happened'' was released on Netflix. It's been an unregulated sector, so is that about to change? We're joined by Eimear McManus, founder of the Digital Works Agency.
    Listen Here

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Is it just me or are some of these Irish “Fitness influencers” beginning to look very desperate, just seen one advertising counterfeit products on her Instagram, to a website where the produce is being sold for four times the original price.. have also lately seen a number of them trying to sell fitness plans and they not even qualified pts or nutritionists

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is it just me or are some of these Irish “Fitness influencers” beginning to look very desperate, just seen one advertising counterfeit products on her Instagram, to a website where the produce is being sold for four times the original price.. have also lately seen a number of them trying to sell fitness plans and they not even qualified pts or nutritionists

Over saturation of the market
    Relatively inexpensive for someone with a decent following to go get "qualified" and start selling course
    Heck I've even seen influencers that are just in shape getting hounded to set up fitness classes or offer advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

Has MUF given up social media?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

IrishinOz wrote: »
    Has MUF given up social media?

No, she’s on today just checked, asked 20 questions (half I’d say she asked herself) and is showing her ‘hinch haul’. Really seems to be running out of content and sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 IrishinOz

pc7 wrote: »
    No, she’s on today just checked, asked 20 questions (half I’d say she asked herself) and is showing her ‘hinch haul’. Really seems to be running out of content and sponsors.

She really does seem to be at end of the line when jumping on with cleaning products.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Anyone see RMC pissing and moaning about the itgalz and the amount they make on patreon?

Anyone see RMC pissing and moaning about the itgalz and the amount they make on patreon?

Can't see a thing since she blocked me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

She approached F45 and asked them to give her free gym sessions in exchange for content, which they did. But I think she went once and said it’s all sweaty high fives.
    She also approached River Medical asking for free chin fat freezing in exchange for posts and they also obliged.
    Not sure what’s worse, the fact that she has the neck to approach people for free stuff but thinks her rambling essays should be paid for, or that companies actually agree to it.

She approached F45 and asked them to give her free gym sessions in exchange for content, which they did. But I think she went once and said it’s all sweaty high fives.
    She also approached River Medical asking for free chin fat freezing in exchange for posts and they also obliged.
    Not sure what’s worse, the fact that she has the neck to approach people for free stuff but thinks her rambling essays should be paid for, or that companies actually agree to it.

She has some neck alright, but the fat freezing should help with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Chriogenically freeze her like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man and let the future deal with her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How much do ItGalz make? Listened during the victim blaming scandal and my ears were bleeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

pc7 wrote: »
    How much do ItGalz make? Listened during the victim blaming scandal and my ears were bleeding.

$4,230 per month

https://www.patreon.com/itgalzpodcast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

Nice work if you can get it. Like if it's a supplementary income, it's a nice earner sitting around one night a week talking ****e, even if you do pay for production out of it.

wolfmoon87 wrote: »

Jesus! I’m shocked by that I don’t think I could listen to them if paid that. But I wouldn’t be their target audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Which influencer is selling fakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Oh dear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh dear ;)
    Stop being a Vague Hun and spill the tea! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Oh just a boardsie got called out on ukbloggersunveiled Insta stories for being an abhorrent cnut in galz who snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I read that last night and had never looked at this supermomslimming one before.
    I don’t think the digs were as harsh as that girl made out but the woman seems very intimidating.
    Not only that, the people who were sticking up for her in the comments had a very aggressive tone.
    It seems one of her big selling points is the fact that she has 8 children. How deplorable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh just a boardsie got called out on ukbloggersunveiled Insta stories for being an abhorrent cnut in galz who snap!
    I would never have known they were a boardsie. Did you just unmask someone?

Advertisement