Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Degiro fees

• 11-01-2019 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

Looking for information here. If you place a day limit order and it does not execute at that price do you get charged for placing the order. Anyone know what happens here, is your order just cancelled at end of day with not fee applied or is there a charged for placing this order. Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Looking for information here. If you place a day limit order and it does not execute at that price do you get charged for placing the order. Anyone know what happens here, is your order just cancelled at end of day with not fee applied or is there a charged for placing this order. Thanks for your input.

You are not charged anything unless the trade completes either fully or partially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

@BrokenArrows thanks for that reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Your order is cancelled without any fees.

@sabre mam thanks for that

Looking for information here, i opened an account with Degiro and have bought stock n Dollars and sold it today. When buying, degiro will exchange euro to dollars for a fee and thats all ok, when you sell the stock it sells in dollars and exchanges you money back to euro. My question is if it is possible to keep the dollar amount in my account as dollars as i will be mainly buying stock from the US, while the exchange rate is ok i would prefer not to have to pay it when buying and selling. Anyone with an Degiro account help me with this. Still new to all
    So am learning all the time time Appreciate anu help i can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Looking for information here, i opened an account with Degiro and have bought stock n Dollars and sold it today. When buying, degiro will exchange euro to dollars for a fee and thats all ok, when you sell the stock it sells in dollars and exchanges you money back to euro. My question is if it is possible to keep the dollar amount in my account as dollars as i will be mainly buying stock from the US, while the exchange rate is ok i would prefer not to have to pay it when buying and selling. Anyone with an Degiro account help me with this. Still new to all
    So am learning all the time time Appreciate anu help i can get.

Need to set up manual currency holding. You will need some Euro in your account to cover fees, as these are charged in your base currency.

https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/cash-funds/1116

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but seems to cost €10 plus 0.02% per exchange

https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/IE_Feeschedule.pdf

@Wheety Thanks for that, i think i will leave it on autofx for now untill i get more experienced. Fees are not too bad at the moment

Do degiro take fees our when the transaction happens or are fees taken put of yoyr account at the end of month.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Do degiro take fees our when the transaction happens or are fees taken put of yoyr account at the end of month.

As they happen, they're included in the total order amount screen before you confirm.

@csfh17 thanks for that. Anyone know what the rules are around day trading. From what i know you need to have an account with 'X' amount in it and if you dont you can only do 3 day trades a week, is that through? Anyone shead some light on this for me. I don't plan to say trade but would like to do a few every now and then wgen the operturity arrises. Thanks again for you help with this.

• Advertisement

Hi everybody, I have a question regarding setting a limit trade. I'm new to trading but so far so good. My question is when you set a limit trade to buy at say 'X' and it reaches that value, what prevents the shares been bought at that value when reached and hence the request to buy stays active even though the value was reached. It has happened me twice in the last couple of weeks, once on a limit trade to buy and once on a limit trade to sell. Any input on this would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Hi everybody, I have a question regarding setting a limit trade. I'm new to trading but so far so good. My question is when you set a limit trade to buy at say 'X' and it reaches that value, what prevents the shares been bought at that value when reached and hence the request to buy stays active even though the value was reached. It has happened me twice in the last couple of weeks, once on a limit trade to buy and once on a limit trade to sell. Any input on this would be great.

The most common reason would be insufficient amount of shares being sold at that price.

Anyone know the rules around day trading?

Anybody help with question on day trading rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Anybody help with question on day trading rules?

I didn't think there was any rules with Degiro. I buy and sell multiple times with some stocks on a given day.

@inStaSte, were does the 3 trades in 5 days rule come from if you acount is under25K, is that just american brokers? do brokers have there own rules, still confused about this rul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

@inStaSte, were does the 3 trades in 5 days rule come from if you acount is under25K, is that just american brokers? do brokers have there own rules, still confused about this rul

There is no rule, your imagining it

One thing about degiro to watch for is the exchange connection fee, I seem to be paying €7.50 in fees every couple of months for holding etf's on a few different markets

@Tails142 thanks for that

Advertisement