Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

expecting quality drinking water

Options
  • 13-02-2019 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭

if we dont pay any water charges can we expect treated drinking water out of the tap?

we are currently going through a water boil notice (second time - it was unsafe to drink in 2018 then it was safe around Christmas and then a boil notice came back into force in January) here in our area for cryptosporidium found in the drinking water , some members of the public in the area are up in arms demanding properly treated drinking water and quite rightly so I suppose.

But if we are not paying for the water treatment (although some people say we are paying for it in taxes and that water charges were just taxing it twice) can we expect to make a stand/fuss when the water isnt fit for drinking?

I dont really know how I feel on it at the moment. am fed up with buying bottled water though and the extra plastic waste the empty bottle create.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

if we dont pay any water charges can we expect treated drinking water out of the tap?

we are currently going through a water boil notice (second time - it was unsafe to drink in 2018 then it was safe around Christmas and then a boil notice came back into force in January) here in our area for cryptosporidium found in the drinking water , some members of the public in the area are up in arms demanding properly treated drinking water and quite rightly so I suppose.

But if we are not paying for the water treatment (although some people say we are paying for it in taxes and that water charges were just taxing it twice) can we expect to make a stand/fuss when the water isnt fit for drinking?

I dont really know how I feel on it at the moment. am fed up with buying bottled water though and the extra plastic waste the empty bottle create.

You're entitled to free drinking water, just like you're entitled to free housing, free waste management, free education & free healthcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

El_Bee wrote: »
    You're entitled to free drinking water, just like you're entitled to free housing, free waste management, free education & free healthcare.

so not then :D

Your neighbours had a hard time of it for a few years.

yeah, we could be heading the same way as well it looks like - i dont know how much protesting and campaigning can make it get sorted any quicker than it can ... or even if it can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Even though we pay over 70% tax we get the worst public services. Time to slash and burn the public and civil service and heavily reduce taxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

El_Bee wrote: »

There is no such thing as free housing. We pay more than enough tax on everything already. It’s just another way for them to get a few extra billion a year out of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If you lived in south Dublin, the issue would be addressed immediately. Shane Ross looks after his wealthy constituents, quid pro quo.

Shane Ross the transport chap? Does he go around with bottles of Acqua di Cristallo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My sister in law is from Sligo, she's very annoying. Is this a trait of Sligo people?

My sister in law is from Sligo, she's very annoying. Is this a trait of Sligo people?

yeah its a cultchie thing :D

Advertisement