Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Conspiracy Guys Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Just came across a really good Conspiracy podcast tonight. Surreal Talk. This is what Those Conspiracy Guys should be.

http://www.surrealtalkpodcast.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just came across a really good Conspiracy podcast tonight. Surreal Talk. This is what Those Conspiracy Guys should be.

http://www.surrealtalkpodcast.com/

Brilliant will give them a listen. I’m immediately won over with the shorter run times.

More often than not less is more Gordo!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Brilliant will give them a listen. I’m immediately won over with the shorter run times. More often than not less is more Gordo!!

I listened to the 9/11 one this morning, Lough, and it was good. Split in four parts. The two guys are actually quite funny and likeable. Also listened to the Las Vegas shooting. thumbs up so far.

I think about 90-120 minutes would nearly be my preferred time for a podcast. 5 hours is way too long, but sometimes just 60 minutes is not enough. I've tried listening to a lot of these "Conspiracy" type podcasts, and this is the first one in a long time where the presenters haven't turned me off within five minutes!

Listening to the latest episode at the moment. Gordo again is getting on my nerves with the a) constant promos b) endless impressions and accents and c) just being gratuitously crude for no reason. Interesting that the Anti Vax episode has two contributors that are completely pro vax. I wonder have got a big listenership are they becoming more and more afraid to question things.

Heard Gordo on with FM104 the other day. He did a good item on the latest goings on with Google blocking and banning channels. I thought it was funny when he started describing the Alex Jones situation and how Jones did not believe that kids were killed at Sandy Hook and was accused of calling the parents of the Sandy Hook kids crisis actors. You could hear the presenters tut-tutting when he referred to this. Now I remember back to Gordo's own podcast on Sandy Hook, and during that recording all of the people in studio were "calling bullsh1t" on Sandy Hook, as they didn't believe the story either. But I guess it was one of those situations when it was just easier to let it slide, instead of informing the presenters that he too had misgivings about the purported events that took place at Sandy Hook.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Simply put Gordo would throw his own mother in front of a train if it meant he got some money.

That’s why the podcast has gone to sh!te he’s begging for patronage non stop and would chance his point of view if it meant a sponsor or funder gave him money to do so.

Actually did his TCGTV America trip ever get off the ground?

Not sure what's happening with the tour. Like I said before, he was pushing hard for the money the last few times I listened to the full podcasts.Last time I heard he said he had half the money and was going to do half the tour. Don't know any more.

When I was looking for the old Sandy Hook episode (which had been pulled from the regular podcasts), I found my way to the Patreon page.

https://www.patreon.com/thoseconspiracyguys

I did get a laugh at the Grand Master of The High Lodge membership which costs $200 per month and includes:

A private 60 minute video call once a month to chat about whatever you like in the conspiracy world

I'm thinking of offering a similar service to my family, I mean there's no point in me spending all that time with them and getting no payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Actually did his TCGTV America trip ever get off the ground?

Hey everybody. Please pay for my dream trip to America! Fack off.... and no, I wont give ye the price of a pint either. The neck of some people.

Kinda liked the podcast until the begging started.

Hey everybody. Please pay for my dream trip to America! Fack off.... and no, I wont give ye the price of a pint either. The neck of some people.

Kinda liked the podcast until the begging started.

Love this. That’s all it is I want to go holiday in America with my girlfriend please pay us to do so :pac:

• Advertisement

Love this. That’s all it is I want to go holiday in America with my girlfriend please pay us to do so :pac:

I think that is the problem I have with it as well. Fair enough if there was a groundswell of people who were demanding that he go to America to investigate something (maybe the Clintons :pac:) and this was the catalyst for him requesting the funding. But he just woke up one day and came out with this idea himself to travel around the States, with the missus in tow, to make documentaries on subjects he decided himself. It was very presumptuous.

And they did a real poor job on the 9/11 podcast. I would be re-doing that properly before I fly off anywhere. I think they were a bit afraid to cover that fully. He does face a problem I described above as well. The bigger the show gets, and the more listeners he gets, the harder it becomes to say things like "I'm calling bullsh1t on Sandy Hook".

Anyone listen to the episode on Anti Vax, just uploaded a few weeks ago. I was on a long journey in the car yesterday so I turned it on. Very interesting the really long introduction (nay disclaimer) at the start of the show, basically saying "you might not like this, if it does, then switch it off". I assumed that this would be in reference to the fact that by presenting the Anti Vaxx argument that he would get a lot of heat. But having listened to it, I think it was more in reference to the accusations of "being a shill" that will no doubt follow the posting of this show.

I was interested to hear what they would say about the Vaxxed documentary - the documentary about a CDC (Centre For Disease Control) whistleblower William Thompson, who claims that the original safety tests carried out on the MMR vaccine were deliberately skewed, so as to make it look as though there was no link to Autism. This documentary got a lot of airtime a few years back, as it was backed by Robert De Niro, who's child was diagnosed with Autism after getting a vaccine.

For a conspiracy show, I thought they would have been a bit open minded about the thing. But they had one academic chap in the room, who basically shut down and smugly belittles any argument against the "Vaccines have saved mankind and are definitely, definitely, definitely not anything to do with Autism" mindset. I thought at the least that they would be interested in the whistleblower testifying to Congress (which is what people are now looking for), but they just spent their time discrediting him.

I always find it odd - When Robert De Niro comes and berates Trump, it's wall to wall on the media. When Robert De Niro comes out and says that his child was damaged by a vaccine, it's buried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Maybe it’s not buried and he’s just ignorant on the subject.

Just looked up the website on that episode, seeing as how you people were giving me nothing :-)

Other listeners are similarly unhappy with the episode.
    Sandra Dee 15/06/2019 at 7:35 pm
    gordo’s got gotten to, then. vaccines are a eugenics program. anyone who can expose sandy hook to the length tcg did would also see right away that vaccines are a twisted and experimental program.
    Louise 26/06/2019 at 11:30 am
    yeah absolute boll0cks! Some ****ing research you did! uk governments own statistics state that your child is more at risk from a serious life threatening reaction to measles vaccine than they are from having a serious complication from measles itself also cross check NHS website for high risk times for cot death against vaccination schedule! Even if you ignore risk of austism your child is more likely to die of cot death in the 72 hours following a vaccination!!!!
    ….oh and that impression you did (twice!!!!) of the baby girl having a fit…..f$ck me! Really???????

If anybody wants to have a conversation about the topic, I'm available on skype for a fee of 100 euro an hour. That's half what Gordo charges for an hour long conversation, and I won't even try to shake you down for money for my next holiday to the States.

Gordo was on with Adrian Kennedy to talk about the moon landing (hoax).

https://www.98fm.com/podcasts/98fm-39-s-dublin-talks/someone-really-land-moon

Not his greatest performance, not as on point as he usually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

I listened to the 9/11 one this morning, Lough, and it was good. Split in four parts. The two guys are actually quite funny and likeable. Also listened to the Las Vegas shooting. thumbs up so far.

I think about 90-120 minutes would nearly be my preferred time for a podcast. 5 hours is way too long, but sometimes just 60 minutes is not enough. I've tried listening to a lot of these "Conspiracy" type podcasts, and this is the first one in a long time where the presenters haven't turned me off within five minutes!

9/11 was good, some of shows are too long winded for me though. They waffle off subject too many times. If you doing a conspiracy show keep on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

9/11 was good, some of shows are too long winded for me though. They waffle off subject too many times. If you doing a conspiracy show keep on track.

Ah too be fair, you do have kind of a one track mind on 9/11 and not everyone else does ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah too be fair, you do have kind of a one track mind on 9/11 and not everyone else does ;)

True and accept this.

I have seen enough over the years to discount major parts of the official story about 9/11. When senior FBI agents claim also there was cover ups and ommissions and lies were told, you then have to revalulate your position about the topic. They have no reason to lie about investigations they were involved with. Even congressional senate meetings after 9/11 found Saudi links to 9/11 and none of these links were fully investigated. We had this pantomime like show later blaming Iraq for 9/11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

There are a few live podcasts from last year that were uploaded over the Christmas in case anybody is interested. He's a good speaker, but the one thing that really gets to me is how gratuitously crude and disgusting he is. For example, "you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube" to Gordo is "you can't put the sh1t back in the horse". Now that's mild, but it's indicative of his preference to shock rather than simply make a point. The stuff that he said about the boys sitting on the end of Michael Jackson's bed - just gratuitously disgusting as well. I won't repeat the phrases here as I will probably get banned. If there is ever the choice of the word "toothpaste" or the word "sh1t" he will always use the latter, while rummaging through his head for something worse. It's a relatively small thing but if you want to be taken serious about issues like 9/11 and Sandy Hook, you should not speak like you are a ten year old boy in the back of the car trying to get your ma angry.

I think it must be difficult for him since his sidekick left a while back. Paul was a good contributor to the show and he was very funny and entertaining, so to carry the show all by himself is a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Did Gordo ever go to the US after all the begging?

I listened to this Podcast for ages, but when Paul left, things went downhill, before the constant & lengthy Patreon reminders even kicked in.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did Gordo ever go to the US after all the begging?

I listened to this Podcast for ages, but when Paul left, things went downhill, before the constant & lengthy Patreon reminders even kicked in.

I don’t think he did. The begging and then aggressive rants for when he didn’t get his way put me right off the show.

Imagine complaining cause he was saying they couldn’t afford to go unless they cover his girlfriends salary as well as operational expenses. If he was that serious he’d go himself but it just seemed like a giant jolly for himself and his missus on the back of the Patreon’s money.

I don’t think he did. The begging and then aggressive rants for when he didn’t get his way put me right off the show.

I'm not sure where he is with the tour of America, but he said in one of the more recent podcasts that his plan is to have a lot of speaking events across Ireland and UK in 2020. Like I said, he is a confident speaker, but the live sessions seem to be pretty rambling - usually involving him outlining the scuttlebutt or hearsay about certain conspiracies, inserting a very crude joke, and then saying "I mean, that **** is bananas".

And don't get me wrong, it must be a huge thing to carry on your own. Particularly with how he has been messed around by the social media channels (having to upload the content to different platforms on multiple occasions), and trying to prepare the entire content on your own.

I'm just not sure how he progresses it from where he's got it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

http://www.oymradio.com/

Two dubs living in Meath - these guys shut up shop last year, but there's about 5 years worth of podcasts archived on their site. A lot of it is whackado, but some interesting interviews.

First update in two months last week. Agenda 21, which was recorded over a year ago. With a disclaimer at the start to say "this was recorded before the Coronavirus, so we obviously won't be discussing that during this podcast". He said that he's busy with other stuff, but the podcast has been really let slide. I think the one big advantage of podcasting is the immediacy and ability to get right on top of a breaking story. Putting up old podcasts really takes from this.

You would have thought that now would be the time when he should be making hay. He won't get a bigger conspiracy story, but hasn't put up one podcast in relation to the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,701 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You would have thought that now would be the time when he should be making hay. He won't get a bigger conspiracy story, but hasn't put up one podcast in relation to the story!

Or perhaps he's had the earth-shattering revelation that making stuff up and pretending it's real is not exactly the right hobby to have right now considering the circumstances

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Or perhaps he's had the earth-shattering revelation that making stuff up and pretending it's real is not exactly the right hobby to have right now considering the circumstances

Woah hold on. Bigfoot isn’t real?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

First update in two months last week. Agenda 21, which was recorded over a year ago. With a disclaimer at the start to say "this was recorded before the Coronavirus, so we obviously won't be discussing that during this podcast". He said that he's busy with other stuff, but the podcast has been really let slide. I think the one big advantage of podcasting is the immediacy and ability to get right on top of a breaking story. Putting up old podcasts really takes from this.

I think they mentioned it in the early episodes like SandyHook that they didn't want to do things as they were happening because you cant get a full picture at the time.

I could be wrong on this but think there was a live chat or will be a live chat about corona virus.

I wasn't mad on the subject matter of Agenda 21 but I thought it was a grand easy listen because they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

A nice money earner.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Started listening to this a few months ago and enjoyed the early episodes but the impressions and zany voices and tangents killed it off for me. I feel like slapping Gordo, Ed Sammon is great though.

Did he actually make the 12 documentaries?

• Advertisement

redbuck wrote: »
    Started listening to this a few months ago and enjoyed the early episodes but the impressions and zany voices and tangents killed it off for me. I feel like slapping Gordo, Ed Sammon is great though.

Did he actually make the 12 documentaries?

LOL no he did not, TCG has turned into a right mess lately and has lost an awful lot of steam since his paid holiday fell through.

Advertisement