Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT calculator E46 convertible 3.0l

Options
  • 09-02-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi. Trying to compare VRT estimates between 323 and 330 E46 cabrios.

No problem with 323 but when I choose 330 I’m only given the option of a coupé and an E92 coupé at that. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Bump?
    Hi. Trying to compare VRT estimates between 323 and 330 E46 cabrios.

No problem with 323 but when I choose 330 I’m only given the option of a coupé and an E92 coupé at that. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

There is no solution unfortunately. If the car isn't on the VRT calculator, you will not be able to get a quote. The only option is to bring the car in, present it to the ncts, pay whatever they tell you is due, and then fight it.

I got this reply back today after I asked for specific VRT quotes for specific cars that I might want to register in Ireland - cars that are not on the calculator:
    ncts.ie wrote:
    Thank you for your email. I would like to confirm the role of Applus in the VRT procedure is limited to the initial inspection of a vehicle and to check that all the documentation presented accurately matches the vehicle that is presented on the day. It does not cover any calculations of VRT payable or penalties. I can only refer you to the VRT Calculator which is available on the Revenue website. Vehicle Registration Tax Calculator
    In cases where the vehicle is not on the VRT calculator the Revenue use different methods to determine the amount payable. I have taken the liberty of including an extract from the Revenue Commissioners website:
    Determining an OMSP

If a vehicle is not on the calculator, Revenue will determine its OMSP, but only after it is presented for registration. Revenue staff do not provide estimates for vehicles that have not been presented for registration. Revenue uses market indicators such as UK and Irish trade guides, advertisements, and experts.

If a vehicle is not listed and you need an OMSP estimate before buying then you must conduct your own research. The VRT Estimate Form may be used for makes that are not commonly distributed in Ireland.

Revenue staff do not provide OMSPs unless the vehicle has been presented for registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think the VRT database only returns results based on VRTs completed previously on the same models.

I had this issue with 2 year old hybrid, but didn't have the spec level I had imported on the VRT system, so had to get it analysed and wait for a decision.

What's the rate for the coupé? Is it based on engine size and/or age for VRT? I'm sure you can apply the same based on your purchase price which you'll have to show to NCTS.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Well the nearest I can get to it is a 325 E46 convertible. Find it hard to believe that nobody’s brought in a 330Ci droptop. I think the 325 was coming in at around €1,300 so I guess a similar 330 would be around the same.

It’s a very Heath Robinson system.
    astrofluff wrote: »
    I think the VRT database only returns results based on VRTs completed previously on the same models.

I had this issue with 2 year old hybrid, but didn't have the spec level I had imported on the VRT system, so had to get it analysed and wait for a decision.

What's the rate for the coupé? Is it based on engine size and/or age for VRT? I'm sure you can apply the same based on your purchase price which you'll have to show to NCTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Were it not for the fact that I was entitled to the VRT exemption, my 2003 325Ci would have cost me €680 to VRT last year, that was a Coupé but it was still the more desirable Sport model. I can't imagine a Vert being that much more especially with the age of even the newest ones.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. The one I’m looking at is 2002 and it’s not Sport.
    I priced up a 323 or 325 - can’t remember which and it came to €1,300. Hopefully I’ve made a mistake on that.
    How did you get the VRT exemption? That would be useful!
    Were it not for the fact that I was entitled to the VRT exemption, my 2003 325Ci would have cost me €680 to VRT last year, that was a Coupé but it was still the more desirable Sport model. I can't imagine a Vert being that much more especially with the age of even the newest ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

The VRT exemption is only available to people returning from living abroad (or certain other special circumstances), as was the case for me. Even with the exemption, there are certain other restrictions, such as having had to own the car for at least six months prior to returning and then once the vehicle is back in the state and registered, it needs to be owned for at least another 12 months.

Yes, I twigged what you were talking about after I put up the post.
    Thanks
    The VRT exemption is only available to people returning from living abroad (or certain other special circumstances), as was the case for me. Even with the exemption, there are certain other restrictions, such as having had to own the car for at least six months prior to returning and then once the vehicle is back in the state and registered, it needs to be owned for at least another 12 months.

Advertisement