Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miller's Glen, Swords

• 18-01-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi future neighbours, First time bought in Miller's Glen (Longview) with a move in date March/April and was wondering if anybody would possibly be able to PM the site foreman's contact details ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lchang

Hi future neighbours, First time bought in Miller's Glen (Longview) with a move in date March/April and was wondering if anybody would possibly be able to PM the site foreman's contact details ?

Thank you

Just sent you a PM there

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

I've just secured a property in Meadowbank. Is there a management company in place for the development and what are the annual fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MatchaPeekaboo

Hi Swededmonkey,

Congratulations! There is no management company, so no annual fees. There are some apartments being built, so there may be management fees for those.

Hi Swededmonkey,

Congratulations! There is no management company, so no annual fees. There are some apartments being built, so there may be management fees for those.

Deadly. How are you finding the area to live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MatchaPeekaboo

I’m due to get the keys very soon, but seems to be a great place to live. There’s a Millers Glen Residents Facebook group which is very helpful.

• Advertisement

Sound, I'll give that a look.

Best of luck with your move

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I’m due to get the keys very soon, but seems to be a great place to live. There’s a Millers Glen Residents Facebook group which is very helpful.

Millers Glen - the new Rivervalley.

TCM wrote: »
    Millers Glen - the new Rivervalley.

Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Drifter231

Hi All ,

Does anyone know how many homes in total are due to be built in the millers glen / Meadowbank development ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Drifter231 wrote: »
    Hi All ,

Does anyone know how many homes in total are due to be built in the millers glen / Meadowbank development ?

I'm not sure how many will actually be built as the planning applications have all been split/phased but I think I remember seeing about 3,000 homes (including apartment units) were planned for the area at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Colygeedoy

Hi guys. Currently looking at buying in meadow bank. Wondering could anyone who has bought a B type house off a plan has any feedback?

As in feedback on what the houses are like? I bought a C type but none of the Meadowbank houses are finished yet so I think you’ll have to wait a while for proper feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RochelleDJ

Hi all,

Looking at buying in the development.

Does anyone know if there is a creche built/being built ?
    Also, are the lofts left ready to be converted/can they be converted ?

Thanks a mil

There’s a crèche being built but I don’t think it’s expected to open for a good while yet.

I asked Sherry Fitz about the the attics and they said they are not floored/ready to convert. People in the previous phases have converted them though so I would imagine it could easily be done for the Meadowbank houses as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ronoc4

Hi guys, me the wife have secured a type B in Longview. Just waiting for it to be built. We're told the end of quarter 1 of 2020. So March. Just wondering how long have you guys had to wait or was it on time? I can imagine it will go over by a few a months.

ronoc4 wrote: »
    Hi guys, me the wife have secured a type B in Longview. Just waiting for it to be built. We're told the end of quarter 1 of 2020. So March. Just wondering how long have you guys had to wait or was it on time? I can imagine it will go over by a few a months.

I’m still waiting, so yeah it will probably be at least 2 months longer than you were told!

I’m still waiting, so yeah it will probably be at least 2 months longer than you were told!

What date have you been told?

What date have you been told?

Originally June, then August, then September. We still haven’t snagged, we’ve been told it will probably be late October before we get the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RachF0407

Originally June, then August, then September. We still haven’t snagged, we’ve been told it will probably be late October before we get the keys.

Hi, Just wondering if you have snagged? We were also told June/Aug/Sept and still no joy.
    Thanks!

RachF0407 wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering if you have snagged? We were also told June/Aug/Sept and still no joy.
    Thanks!

Hi Rach, yeah we actually got keys just this week. I know there's lots of people who've been pushed back again though, it's so frustrating. You're best off contacting Gannon directly and asking them for an update on when you will be able to snag.

• Advertisement

Hi Rach, yeah we actually got keys just this week. I know there's lots of people who've been pushed back again though, it's so frustrating. You're best off contacting Gannon directly and asking them for an update on when you will be able to snag.

Congratulations! :) We got in touch with them last week and it was pushed from this week, to next week and now they said it's likely the week of the 28th. Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later! Best of luck with the move, and thanks for the update!

RachF0407 wrote: »
    Congratulations! :) We got in touch with them last week and it was pushed from this week, to next week and now they said it's likely the week of the 28th. Fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later! Best of luck with the move, and thanks for the update!

Thank you! Oh that's so frustrating! We had that happen as well, turned out there was a problem with our bath, it had to be taken out and they'd to re-do the bathroom. There's a chance that maybe they found something like that when they were doing the builders snag for your house. Are you on the Facebook group? Do you know if other people on your road are getting the same delay?

Thank you! Oh that's so frustrating! We had that happen as well, turned out there was a problem with our bath, it had to be taken out and they'd to re-do the bathroom. There's a chance that maybe they found something like that when they were doing the builders snag for your house. Are you on the Facebook group? Do you know if other people on your road are getting the same delay?

Oh really? We were told last week that they were waiting for ESB to go in so assumed that was the hold up? Joining the FB group now - haven't spoken to anyone on the road yet but thank you so much for the suggestions and info, we'll hopefully be on the move ourselves shortly! :)

Congratulations 😁👌

Would anyone have details for the foreman? Please

Congratulations ðŸ˜ðŸ‘Œ

Would anyone have details for the foreman? Please

I’ll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I drove through that new road this week and noticed for the first time that they are building apartments. I checked the planning application website and it seems they have a number of blocks approved that consist of 1, 2 and 3 beds apartments.
    Any idea when they go for sale and the price range as I couldn't find anything on their website. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hedgehog86

Hey folks, I have been lurking around the forum trying to find as much info as possible about the Meadowbank development. As I put down my deposit for one of the B type house, thought I would ask for local resident's opinion about the estate in terms of how busy or quite it is or social housing concerns. I am first time buyer so trying to make sure I am making right move. Also I will be commuting to city center for work, anyone knows hows long does it take in Swords express.

Any information is appreciated . thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Swan1980

@hedgehog86. I just moved from MG after being there 4 years. PM me if I can be if any help

• Registered Users Posts: 46 davec9313

Hi All,
    Looking for some assistance in relation to Millers Glen/Longview.
    Would anyone have a contact number for site foreman - I think his name maybe Shay.

Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 anusrigaurav

Hi, we are considering Lucan, swords and Newcastle.we would like to know which will be a better area to live in with kids.

thanks

Advertisement