Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

gamecube wrote: »
    It is amazing how quickly Today FM have gone downhill over the past 5/6 years

I think Anton already knew he was out the door himself when he had that interview with Ray Foley
    Will they FFS let someone, anyone win that bloody competition

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

That bloody secret sound! You’d think they’d have given some clue by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Couldn't agree more, sick of listening to it and have started turning over to 96fm for the quiz when it comes on. Nobody has a clue what it is and the same guesses keep coming up. Lost count on how many times 'walking on snow' has been guessed!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The boys are back, badly needed on a dreary January Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EI209

Am I the only one that automatically thinks of Gauntlets from years ago when Ray and Jay play a certain song?

Last week they played Driveby by Train and as soon as I heard it I immediately thought of the time they made Parody's of it for The Gauntlet! It's probably a concern actually, I can barely remember what happened last week but I can remember things that happened on The Ray Foley Show in 2012...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

EI209 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that automatically thinks of Gauntlets from years ago when Ray and Jay play a certain song?

Last week they played Driveby by Train and as soon as I heard it I immediately thought of the time they made Parody's of it for The Gauntlet! It's probably a concern actually, I can barely remember what happened last week but I can remember things that happened on The Ray Foley Show in 2012...
    Simpliar Times

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

Brooklyn99 just had an episode about their local radio station doing a secret sound competition. I couldn't help but think of that damn noise that Ray has been playing for months! He was nice enough to reply to my tweet about it too...

https://twitter.com/jackmccw/status/1089289526864883712

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Another increase for Breakfast with Ray and Jay to 58,000 listeners. There may be war brewing with Today FM's play for Cork and this line from Adelle (now Content Director at Today FM) ''Ian Dempsey is without doubt the King of breakfast radio in Ireland...''

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

IUA14 wrote: »
    Another increase for Breakfast with Ray and Jay to 58,000 listeners. There may be war brewing with Today FM's play for Cork and this line from Adelle (now Content Director at Today FM) ''Ian Dempsey is without doubt the King of breakfast radio in Ireland...''

When did she say that? Do you think it's a deliberate dig at former King of the Nafternoons?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Content director ? Well she's not directing the content very well then is she ?Todayfm is a disaster of a station. It used to be able to be a station that rarely did much wrong, where now it seems(and I've not listened much the past couple of years, but I've listened enough) they can't do anything right and it's a combination of bad presenters just being worse and presenters who have proven they can be good being dragged down the crap todayfm call radio these days.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    When did she say that? Do you think it's a deliberate dig at former King of the Nafternoons?

It's in the radiotoday.ie story rounding up reaction to JNLR's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

''Ian Dempsey is without doubt the King of breakfast radio in Ireland...''

Haha if she said that she's full of sh1t. He would even sound dated on 4fm let alone Today Fm. They have been going down hill ever since Tony Fenton departed.

Anyway that's probably a conversation for another thread. This thread is about Ray & Jay who are doing a great job. Fair play to them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another increase for Breakfast with Ray and Jay to 58,000 listeners.

Delighted they got another increase, no more than they deserve, the show is great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

It's a very good rating, seeing as they are on a local radio station.

What kinda figures have KC and Ross got?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Howard100

They are up 6k in the last 6 months to 47,000

Remember, Foley took over from KC and walked into the No1 Breakfast show in Cork

They have added to those numbers.

Give 96FM 12 months and it could be a very different picture. Having said that, the best morning radio in the country is coming out of Cork.

Howard100 wrote: »

Remember, Foley took over from KC and walked into the No1 Breakfast show in Cork

Give 96FM 12 months and it could be a very different picture. Having said that, the best morning radio in the country is coming out of Cork.
    Kc and Ross must be on air 12 months now tho aren’t they?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Kc and Ross must be on air 12 months now tho aren’t they?

Is it not more than 12 months at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Its over a year now. I reacon 96 wont rise much Nick Richards fans probadly dont take to a show which is already done on Red Fm . I prefer Rays show myself but i do find the ott laughing a bit much on these shows. Its not as bad as pj on classic hits though fake laughing not funny. Niel prenderville now at 78000 number one show will he make the 80000mark. he had 115000 when he left 96. I wonder what Pj has now.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Howard100 wrote: »

Kc left red fm whit around 47000 neck n neck with Nick richards . Rays built it upto 58000

• Advertisement

Liked the bit this morning where they were slagging KC saying there's a job in red for him if he wants to come back!!! :D:D

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/breakfast-with-ray-and-jay/episode/8th-february-2019/

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Liked the bit this morning where they were slagging KC saying there's a job in red for him if he wants to come back!!! :D:D

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/breakfast-with-ray-and-jay/episode/8th-february-2019/

The best part of that was, the next segement was Secret Sound and Ray asked the caller who's this and the caller went "it's KC here", Ray genuinely paused, he didn't know what to say.

Then the caller revealed he was taking the p*ss

So its Ray and Izzy on breakfast tomorrow with Jay still off. That will be interesting to see how it goes!

Came across this yesterday, might sound familiar to a few long time Ray Foley listeners. Brought back a few memories!

https://youtu.be/l21Dl96ESok

Came across this yesterday, might sound familiar to a few long time Ray Foley listeners. Brought back a few memories!

https://youtu.be/l21Dl96ESok

And here’s what we didn’t get too today.. maybe we’ll get time tomorrow, say good bye Jp,

Goodbye Jp

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

JP was doing some lazy radio on Off the Ball the other night.

There was a mention of a footballer called James Garner.

Cue some Rockford Files and the like.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    And here’s what we didn’t get too today.. maybe we’ll get time tomorrow, say good bye Jp,

Goodbye Jp

That was this! https://youtu.be/t_ssJNCmhEw

The one I posted earlier was what used to lead into the ad break before the 12:45 lunchtime news. Good times

That was this! https://youtu.be/t_ssJNCmhEw

The one I posted earlier was what used to lead into the ad break before the 12:45 lunchtime news. Good times

My bad!

Memories there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Ray is definitely a loss to national radio, he still shows his ability in the current gig. But if anything Jay is holding him back, he bursts out laughing at anything Ray says even when it's not meant to be funny. Then Jay tries to make a joke and he's just not a funny guy. It seems like Jay is in awe of him and it affects their chemistry. JP was a good friend of Ray so it just flowed much better.

Advertisement