Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The post, has it slowed down?

• 08-02-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

In the last month I have posted two things in the postbox on Shantalla road, one at Christmas, one Monday this week. Before Christmas it took 7 days for my letter to reach Dub, this week it's 5 days and it's still not there. I sent a letter to somewhere in Galway last week and it took 3days. Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No.
    Maybe the post box in Shantalla is regularly 'missed' by the postie

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

The postie may be steam opening letters by night this causing a delay.

I heard he's waiting on the x ray machine to arrive to scan letters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Not if you wear your tinfoil hat. And no op I was told of a package sent Friday which arrived Monday last week.

I have posted stuff to Dublin that has arrived the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Well looks like it's just me so. I could understand the Christmas delay but there's no reason for 5 day delay now. Looks like my letter and the twenty euro in it went astray somewhere. :/

Well looks like it's just me so. I could understand the Christmas delay but there's no reason for 5 day delay now. Looks like my letter and the twenty euro in it went astray somewhere. :/
    That explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Never send money in cards. That should be common sense! Sorry OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It wasn't a card as it happens, but surely the post should be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Registered post, yes. But standard post you take your chances. I'm not saying postal workers are crooks but they can't be held responsible if something goes missing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement