Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW25 Matchday Thread

1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

80, small green arrow

Was hoping for more with Aguero C last night, but no point being greedy about it

Richarlison the main let-down, transferred him out now so he will probably score a hat-trick in his next game

Could be worse, saw at least one team with Sane TC !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cartman78 wrote: »
    57 - not HEWT but could have been a lot worse.

Have miraculously held on to very slender leads in my main money leagues somehow and my OR 'only' fell by about 25K to 57K.

Not bringing in Aguero for Firmino is probably the worst mistake I've ever made playing FPL

Don't think that sort of thing really should be seen as a mistake. For a hit that was marginal at best imo just on the unfortunate side of variance this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Paully D wrote: »
    Down from 18k to 42k with 48 points.

Jaysus.

Relatively, easily my worst gameweek in a few years never mind this season!

I'm similar to you in that I didn't do the Auba to Aguero switch and got burned by it. However Laporte saved my gameweek so at least I can find solace in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I didn't bring in Aguero and went with Ederson over Laporte as I thought it was safer! Would do the same again though. Just the nature of the beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

78 sees me cut a lot of leads in my leagues but small enough OR to 200K. Keane is gone now thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

What a cataclysmic clusterfeic of a week that was. Weeks crawling up the rankings to get smacked back down over 200 k places.

Sane transfer in driving me inSane. My untouched team would have done better by 15 points which is a large % of what I eventually got.

My team also suddenly looks a shambles. Think it is wildcard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not bringing in Aguero for Firmino is probably the worst mistake I've ever made playing FPL

As Busts said, you can't look at it like that.

if you had Sane or Sterling, then you did absolutely nothing wrong. if you had Aubameyang, a percentage play, if your team was looking ok, was to get Aguero in, and maybe transfer back this week or even next if you fancy him against Chelsea. Firmino was a perfectly sensible guy to have in your team, especially if you had another City attacking asset.

some people ripped their teams apart to get Aguero in. that was a risk potentially worth taking, and it's worked out for them, but that was not a percentage play with blanks and a fúckload of games for the team coming.

they made a play, and it worked. it doesn't mean your play was wrong. a play being wrong and a play not working out are two different things.

in my instance, Sane should easily have played 120 minutes at least in my mind given Pep's much vaunted reliance on the width he gives without Mendy in the team. captaining him was perfectly sensible, yet only got me 1 point. it sucks, but it wasn't the wrong move. i'd probably do it again if i had the same team and information going into the gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Glad to have come out the right side of pep roulette by captaining Aguero. This gw is a real kick in the teeth for those who made the perfectly reasonable decision to captain Sane.

93 for the week and up to the heady heights of 581 OR, delighted with that ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Glad to have come out the right side of pep roulette by captaining Aguero. This gw is a real kick in the teeth for those who made the perfectly reasonable decision to captain Sane.

93 for the week and up to the heady heights of 581 OR, delighted with that ; )

Super OR, well done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I had 87 points with Salah, Robertson, Aguero(c), Sterling and Ricky to play. Disappointing to only get 10 points from those 5 but still to finish on 97, I gotta be HEWT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

95 points this week with captain hazard helping out. delighted with that since i was worried before hand not stocking up on everton and city players

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

97 points sees me back inside the top 100k for the first time in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Had no Aguero, Laporte, or Hazard and had TC (lel) on Sane. Still came out with 67 points so not the worst all things considered. Down several k to 18k. Onto the next GW.

Advertisement