Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2018 (Stage 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

How did you find stage 2

How u find stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39 EH95

Hi gang, this question was probably asked already but for people already invited to stage 3 how long were ye waiting for your stage 2 results?

It depends last year between stage 2 and 3 I waite 2 months this time around I passed stage 1 in June and didn't do stage 2 till January it all depends but I can't be sure on that 100%i know people to have applied and flew though stages and others are just waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

EH95 wrote: »
    Hi gang, this question was probably asked already but for people already invited to stage 3 how long were ye waiting for your stage 2 results?

A bit over 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

kellbag91 wrote: »
    A bit over 2 weeks.

Perfect thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Oll19

Hi All, just wondering have any of you done any of the Stage 3 interview prep courses? Looking for recommendations. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Oll19 wrote: »
    Hi All, just wondering have any of you done any of the Stage 3 interview prep courses? Looking for recommendations. Thank you!

Where you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Oll19

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Where you based?

Galway! Think I have someone now but still open to recommendations!

I'm from Galway too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Oll19 wrote: »
    Galway! Think I have someone now but still open to recommendations!

I know a man in sligo. Pretty expensive but 100% worth it. I’ll look for his details tonight and PM you.

Anyone know if the results are out sometime today

Deedee27 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the results are out sometime today

Didn’t receive anything yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

Hopefully we will get the results soon

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi, i am looking to applt to the 2019 campaign and am just wondering how difficult the tests are, i have heard some saying they are handy and others saying they are very difficult. Cheers

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi, i am looking to applt to the 2019 campaign and am just wondering how difficult the tests are, i have heard some saying they are handy and others saying they are very difficult. Cheers

The mock test career services offer are pretty much the same. Most people would regard the tests as difficult but easily passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

Any idea when stage 2 results will be out ? Completed mine nearly a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Hi, i am looking to apply to the 2019 campaign and am just wondering how difficult the tests are, i have heard some saying they are handy and others saying they are very difficult. Cheers
    Just depends on your aptitude for them. I found them grand but still benefited immensely from the career services course. It really bumped up my score. Iirc not many people failed them, I know a lad who didn't do any preparation whatsoever and still passed them, but his placement was near 2000. You do want to do well just to progress through the stages that bit faster.

Results should be out gang, just got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

Results should be out gang, just got mine

None for me yet, hopefully will get them tomorrow

• Advertisement

salmon1 wrote: »
    None for me yet, hopefully will get them tomorrow

Got them passed 😀ðŸ‘

Passed delighted!

Also passed! Delighted... can some explain the orde of merit number? What does it mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TR 2525

Also passed! Delighted... can some explain the orde of merit number? What does it mean exactly?

Basically it’s like a waiting list. Then if your pass the interview stage it doesn’t come back into play until you pass fitness and medical and then it’s the number you are in line. But some people’s vetting might take longer than others so you could drop down quick enough if you were really lucky. What’s your oom

TR 2525 wrote: »
    Basically it’s like a waiting list. Then if your pass the interview stage it doesn’t come back into play until you pass fitness and medical and then it’s the number you are in line. But some people’s vetting might take longer than others so you could drop down quick enough if you were really lucky. What’s your oom

My oom is 1243? I don’t know If that’s good or bad hence the reason I asked what does it mean... I’m delighted I have an opportunity anyway regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TR 2525

My oom is 1243? I don’t know If that’s good or bad hence the reason I asked what does it mean... I’m delighted I have an opportunity anyway regardless

I’m around 700 after the interview. You’ll get an invite for the interview in a couple of months. Just get everything sorted for your interview like leaving cert results and all that kinda stuff. And try get all your information for your from B

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Just wondering if anyone did the prep course from kilroy college i have bought in prep for the 2019 campaign but the qs in verbal reasoning are extremly basic and i scored nearly 100 percent in both while other inlin tests im getting in 60s, anyone who did kilroys course, was it similar difficulty to real tests, also does oom really matter, no matter how low your oom is will you eventually be called to the next stages, cheers

Just wondering if anyone did the prep course from kilroy college i have bought in prep for the 2019 campaign but the qs in verbal reasoning are extremly basic and i scored nearly 100 percent in both while other inlin tests im getting in 60s, anyone who did kilroys course, was it similar difficulty to real tests, also does oom really matter, no matter how low your oom is will you eventually be called to the next stages, cheers

Don't waste your time with them they are awful. I did a course with them a few years ago. The material they gave wasn't remotely up to date.

TR 2525 wrote: »
    I’m around 700 after the interview. You’ll get an invite for the interview in a couple of months. Just get everything sorted for your interview like leaving cert results and all that kinda stuff. And try get all your information for your from B

Only got results today and there saying interviews are starting 18th of this month! Will they send you the B form to fill out?

• Advertisement

Only got results today and there saying interviews are starting 18th of this month! Will they send you the B form to fill out?

What’s your OOM?

Advertisement