Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

.ics calendar for GAA championship fixtures 2019

• 04-02-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (I cannot find anything in the search) but has anyone put together a .ics calendar for the 2019 GAA championship fixtures both for football and hurling.

I can't find anything on the GAA's website and this seems like an obvious thing for the GAA to do.

I think it would be great to be able to import the times of the games either into your google or IOS calendar.

The six nations rugby website has a .ics download and it is very handy for upcoming games and identifying possible clashes rather than checking apps.

Thinking a about it, per county calendars would probably be better to avoid a massive mess of entries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'd do it but I'm not sure how. I remember downloading one before for a league of Ireland teams games and it's really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

It would be a fantastic idea or even a gaa app with fixtures would be great.

I have the one for the premiership and even when a match changes it will update on my phone.

I would also love to have one for local fixtures.

I think that the gaa should pay someone to do it but if you were to explain to them what it actually was I dont think that they would understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

user1842 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before (I cannot find anything in the search) but has anyone put together a .ics calendar for the 2019 GAA championship fixtures both for football and hurling.

I can't find anything on the GAA's website and this seems like an obvious thing for the GAA to do.

I think it would be great to be able to import the times of the games either into your google or IOS calendar.

The six nations rugby website has a .ics download and it is very handy for upcoming games and identifying possible clashes rather than checking apps.

Thinking a about it, per county calendars would probably be better to avoid a massive mess of entries.

They could do it for the League but Championship would be very very difficult. And impossible to do in advance.

Times aren't set, can change depending on tv. Knockout / non-Knockout games etc..

Hogan Stand are about the best for a website/app (though the app was broken recently) with a good list of fixtures on one page.

http://hoganstand.com/Fixtures/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

PARlance wrote: »
    They could do it for the League but Championship would be very very difficult. And impossible to do in advance.

Times aren't set, can change depending on tv. Knockout / non-Knockout games etc..

Google has the ability for you to share a calendar. The GAA could create the master calendar and keep it updated with everyone else just viewing it.

Could actually benefit the GAA too.

The GAA must use some sort of electronic calendar in house. I hope all the fixtures are not on a big sheet in HQ.

• Advertisement

How do you do it without sharing your own personal calendar too? A separate gmail address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

I think you can just add a new calendar:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37095?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

user1842 wrote: »
    Google has the ability for you to share a calendar. The GAA could create the master calendar and keep it updated with everyone else just viewing it.

Could actually benefit the GAA too.

The GAA must use some sort of electronic calendar in house. I hope all the fixtures are not on a big sheet in HQ.

They've got fixtures up on their site so probably likely more than a big sheet. It could be done but my point was that during the summer it mightn't be much use as a planner as you'll have a lot of games being fixed a week or so out.

No real reason to stop them other than time, effort or the need/want...

Might be more of a need/want at County level.

Advertisement