Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becky Lynch Megathread - Rumors, opinions etc. (spoilers for most recent shows)

• 02-02-2019 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭

I know that Dave "plans can change" Meltzer is saying that Becky vs Ronda will be made a triple threat adding Charlotte Flair, which would be the dumbest move WWE could make. I mean in a weird way Nia being a disaster in the ring may have helped Becky and Ronda and Charlotte by changing the survivor series match it's helped Becky potentially main event Wrestlemania.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wait until they add both Charlotte and Nia, so Nia can take the pin.

What are the chances of the match actually being the main event and not 3rd or 4th of 4 main events. Or even remember when Sheamus won the Rumble and he was the first match?
    If ever there was a time to put the women in the main event of Mania, this is it. Becky's hot. The crowd will be more into it than they were for last year's main event

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I know that Dave "plans can change" Meltzer is saying that Becky vs Ronda will be made a triple threat adding Charlotte Flair, which would be the dumbest move WWE could make. I mean in a weird way Nia being a disaster in the ring may have helped Becky and Ronda and Charlotte by changing the survivor series match it's helped Becky potentially main event Wrestlemania.

I'm terribly worried they're building up to an 'injury' angle after Smackdown where Becky has to give up her shot and Charlotte takes her place somehow.

Wonder how long she'll sell that knee for....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,405 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BTW that's not a knock on Charlotte. I think she is great and worked for all she's gotten, and to be fair she had way more to overcome than Becky, Sasha, or Bayley had to. None of the other NXT horsewomen had to deal with the pressure of being the daughter of one of if not the best pro wrestler in history. Noone on the WWE roster male or female had that pressure IMO.Yes there are/were second generation wrestlers in WWE who have to live up to their parents achievements in the ring. I mean she had to fight from being seen as Ric Flair's Daughter Charlotte to being Charlotte Ric Flair's Daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Necro wrote:
    I'm terribly worried they're building up to an 'injury' angle after Smackdown where Becky has to give up her shot and Charlotte takes her place somehow.

I was actually thinking was her injuring her knee just a seed to have her lose to Charlotte using the figure 8. Lynch is going to be in that Mania match though.
    Itssoeasy wrote:
    I know that Dave "plans can change" Meltzer......

To be fair nobody sane or otherwise can explain the logic of WWE's booking week to week. It's all on Vince's whim & he often changes his mind if he feels something is too obvious(ie makes sense). It's why they just don't do continuity & you get illogical sh!t like Rusev's last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In a way, I hope Charlotte gets added because I don't think they'll have Becky tap Ronda Rousey out with an armbar. So, triple threat and let Becky tap Charlotte out after she spends the next few weeks worming her way into the match at Becky's expense.

Fantasy booking 101.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking was her injuring her knee just a seed to have her lose to Charlotte using the figure 8. Lynch is going to be in that Mania match though.

To be fair nobody sane or otherwise can explain the logic of WWE's booking week to week. It's all on Vince's whim & he often changes his mind if he feels something is too obvious(ie makes sense). It's why they just don't do continuity & you get illogical sh!t like Rusev's last week.

Yeah Becky will be in the Mania match but IMO she should have the spotlight with Ronda on her own and not be a triple Threat or fatal fourway match.

Yeah, just going on what some who were in WWE say, be careful what you suggest to vince because he could like an idea that might be utter ****e.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ERG89 wrote:

Oh definitely. I more see it as an 'in' for Charlotte tbh. Kayfabe take out Becky only for her to get back in to the match she rightly deserves.

Kinda like they did with Rollins and Triple H a while back.

In fairness it would work in the sense that Charlotte would have nuclear heat at least temporarily even.

Keep Becky off TV for a week or two then boom she comes back in and regains her slot.

Don't agree it needs to be a triple threat but it seems to be a path they might be taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, I’d much prefer Becky/Ronda straight up, but Charlotte deserves to be involved in the first female main event of WrestleMania. She’s been pivotal to getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, I’d much prefer Becky/Ronda straight up, but Charlotte deserves to be involved in the first female main event of WrestleMania. She’s been pivotal to getting there.

I dont see Charlotte being added a bad thing. Not only can she make the match better potentially, her being added to the feud may help folks get behind Becky more.

Look at WM30 when it was announced to be Randy Orton v Batista. The more fans perceived that DB was being wronged, the more they got behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

J. Marston wrote: »
    In a way, I hope Charlotte gets added because I don't think they'll have Becky tap Ronda Rousey out with an armbar. So, triple threat and let Becky tap Charlotte out after she spends the next few weeks worming her way into the match at Becky's expense.

Fantasy booking 101.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a clean victory for Becky though. I know that's what people want but there's so many ways they can go with Becky's character. Would love to see interference from someone like Rhea Ripley which leads to Becky pinning Ronda....with Rhea ultimately being revealed as Becky's bodyguard.

It goes against the "bad ass" The Man gimmick, but I think there's more mileage in Becky as a heel than face. I'd even argue once they started to go with the character as a more or less face that's when Becky started to lose a bit of her edge.

• Advertisement

Doesn't necessarily have to be a clean victory for Becky though. I know that's what people want but there's so many ways they can go with Becky's character. Would love to see interference from someone like Rhea Ripley which leads to Becky pinning Ronda....with Rhea ultimately being revealed as Becky's bodyguard.

It goes against the "bad ass" The Man gimmick, but I think there's more mileage in Becky as a heel than face. I'd even argue once they started to go with the character as a more or less face that's when Becky started to lose a bit of her edge.

If the are giving Becky a win and if rumours are true about Rhonda departing it wouldnt be out of the realms of possibility for of Rhonda to tap out and put Becky over on her way out

If they are going that way of course. I some how doubt Rhonda is leaving myself but you never know.

Not sure the fans will take Becky as a heel tbh. Certainly not over Rousey at present. They tried their hardest during the feud with Charlotte to have her as the heel and failed miserably so not sure they'll go down that road again for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Itssoeasy wrote: »

We have been calling for long term booking in wwe and Charlotte vs Becky vs Rousey is that whether we like it or not.

I mean it would be strange if wwe had Charlotte beat up Rousey at survivor series, cost Charlotte title at TLC and then have Becky win rumble despite not officially being in match again costing Charlotte her chance and not follow up on it.

Necro wrote: »
    Not sure the fans will take Becky as a heel tbh. Certainly not over Rousey at present. They tried their hardest during the feud with Charlotte to have her as the heel and failed miserably so not sure they'll go down that road again for now at least.

Shes been a heelish in nature since she turned. The fans like it and cheer.

Most modern day successful heels get cheered as faces.

Kevin Owens when he debuted v Cena, AJ when he turned,

The dynamic of heels and faces has changed for us. WWE arent great at making faces we want to get behind and the fans who are over 20 appraciate a good heel.

beakerjoe wrote:
    The dynamic of heels and faces has changed for us. WWE arent great at making faces we want to get behind and the fans who are over 20 appraciate a good heel.

Oh absolutely, they cannot organically make a face in WWE anymore they just make them bland, smiley and boring ala Bayley, Finn, etc.

Heels get from what I can see a huge advantage in terms of:

Less generic promos
    Slightly more creative freedom.

Cool heels are what they do all the time now, look at Bryan since he turned.

AJ was, whilst talented, getting stuck in the RAW mire till he turned and went to Smackdown.

Zayn was as bland and boring as they come as a face since coming up and when he turned he at least showed some sort of character.

Reigns was hot as all hell as a heel and they wrecked him within months of him turning face.

Its a constant problem that they fail to address year on year in their booking of good guys on WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

leggo wrote: »

The way I see it, Becky v Ronda is hot enough that it rightly deserves to main event over whats predicted for the rest of the card

Charlotte on the other hand is being put in the main event rather than being a natural part of it

I’m a big believer in Charlotte and generally don’t agree when people call her the female Roman, but it’s not her time now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

This is one of the more bizarre things I've read on here. Someone gets themselves organically to a level a babyface has not been in years and your solution is to turn this person heel? Vince, is that you?

The audience loves Becky. Even if you tried to turn her, they would reject it, like they did the night after Summerslam.

Monokne wrote: »
    This is one of the more bizarre things I've read on here. Someone gets themselves organically to a level a babyface has not been in years and your solution is to turn this person heel? Vince, is that you?

The audience loves Becky. Even if you tried to turn her, they would reject it, like they did the night after Summerslam.

Where does a face Becky go after Ronda?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Heel Charlotte I suppose. Though I expect them to try something Horsewomen v Horsewomen while they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If she's Raw champion, lots of choices. Nia is the obvious one, Bliss, Ruby Riott even. Heel Sasha if she isn't occupied with tag team stuff.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    Heel Charlotte I suppose. Though I expect them to try something Horsewomen v Horsewomen while they can.

Heel Charlotte has been done to death

J. Marston wrote: »
    If she's Raw champion, lots of choices. Nia is the obvious one, Bliss, Ruby Riott even. Heel Sasha if she isn't occupied with tag team stuff.

I'll accept that if the ultimate result is Ruby as champ

A lot of the post Mania stuff likely depends on Rousey's contract situation. Lighter schedule, less appearances - probably stays as is.

If she leaves it'll open up a bit of a talent divide between Smackdown and Raw they'll need to fill. Probably through NXT call ups of Baszler, Kairi, Io.

I think Ronda will be around till Summerslam minimally anyways and they'll do the Horsewomen stuff either there or sometime in between with perhaps a rematch of Rousey/Becky OR Charlotte at Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Heel Charlotte has been done to death

Agreed but that’s what I see them doing. Otherwise some NXT call up, Shayna maybe to further the Horsewomen angle down the line if they don’t do it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

If your point is they don't have heels ready for her, then their job would be to make heels. Steve Austin had no-one to work with after Wrestlemania 14 until they turned Mick Foley - should they have turned Austin heel???

Asuka or Sasha would be great in the role. Suspect Asuka may be used in that spot down the line with the win at the Rumble being a precursor to it. Would expect they will go with Alexa because they love her, although it doesn't do much for me. They still have the Nia Jax match in their back pocket too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Splitting off the posts from the News thread.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Splitting off the posts from the News thread.

Aye, makes sense m'Lord :D

tumblr_pm0m570X0G1rmv1vdo2_500.gif

I mean lads obviously we are biased towards all Irish WWE wrestlers but Becky to me is the best just in terms of general overness. Not that you can dislike Sheamus or finn for any reason btw. I think Becky is great for the future of Irish wrestling from a female point of view. I mean it says that if you are a girl from Ireland who loves wrestling that the WWE isn't impossible. I think that's a great message to be able to send.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Monokne wrote: »
    If your point is they don't have heels ready for her, then their job would be to make heels. Steve Austin had no-one to work with after Wrestlemania 14 until they turned Mick Foley - should they have turned Austin heel???

Asuka or Sasha would be great in the role. Suspect Asuka may be used in that spot down the line with the win at the Rumble being a precursor to it. Would expect they will go with Alexa because they love her, although it doesn't do much for me. They still have the Nia Jax match in their back pocket too.

They don't have that many people over as faces, so it would be madness to turn Becky. They can always call up Shayna Baszler if they somehow cant find options on main roster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

There will be penty of options on the main roster if she wins at Mania as then she will be on Raw going forward as the champ and be ready to face off against all of Raw's heels.

I don't really mind if Charlotte gets put into the mania match because long term booking wise it makes sense what with the Survivor series beatdown of Ronda etc and the fact that it would probably be a better match as a triple threat. I can understand people thinking a win in a 1on1 vs Ronda would be a bigger moment but a win in the main event of wrestlemania is already massive especially when it's the first woman to do so especially in a match including Ronda Rousey.

After Mania have Ronda take a break before returning as a heel seeking revenge on Becky. Call up Shayna at this point and full on embrace the anti Ronda reaction she would get going up against a super over Becky on a week to week basis (unlike how they can probably keep her face on Raw in the build to Mania) by turning her heel and starting the Horsewoman vs Horsewoman angle. By this point you could have even had Charlotte regain the SD title and Becky/Sasha the tag belts so they are holding all the gold going into this match.

Advertisement