Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW25 Captain

• 01-02-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Curious to see the numbers on TC, something I'm currently pondering.

GW25 Captain 154 votes

Aguero
    61% 94 votes
    Aguero (TC)
    12% 19 votes
    Sane
    5% 9 votes
    Sane (TC)
    3% 6 votes
    Sterling
    1% 2 votes
    Sterling (TC)
    5% 9 votes
    Salah
    1% 2 votes
    Hazard
    3% 5 votes
    Richarlison
    1% 2 votes
    Rashford
    0% 1 vote
    Other
    0% 1 vote
    Other (TC)
    2% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Poll?

Give me a feckin second :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

First time all season where it MAY not be Salah. Sane or Aguero for me, no TC.

I need a good reason to not Triple Captain Kun. He will surely start both games, Pep has to realise now that they can't have any more slip ups. Up against a porous and depleted Arsenal defence, and an Everton team that shipped 3 goals to Millwall at the weekend.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I need a good reason to not Triple Captain Kun. He will surely start both games, Pep has to realise now that they can't have any more slip ups. Up against a porous and depleted Arsenal defence, and an Everton team that shipped 3 goals to Millwall at the weekend.

They have Chelsea the game after Everton, so 3 games in a week, 2 against top 6 opposition. May decide to rest Aguero in preparation for Chelsea.

Nothing is certain with Pep.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had this been a couple of seasons back, then 100% I’d have Aguero TC.
    It’s a hard one to call because of pep’s rotation roulette. He knows City realistically need to win both these games, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will stick with Aguero, Sterling and Sane starting both.
    At the moment I’m thinking Sterling as captain as he’s most likely to see the most minutes, but still have that nagging nostalgia to gamble on pep roulette and just throw the TC on Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ScummyMan wrote: »

Is Pep reason enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is Pep reason enough?

Or as I call him. Pep Squadiola

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is Pep reason enough?

Since Aguero has come back from injury, he has had 474 minutes in 6 GWs compared to 110 of Jesus.

Pep trusts him more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Aguero or Sane, cant decide which. Think both will only start 1 game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Aguero gets a combined 90 at best, madness to TC him. He is also in awful form.

I dont think even think he is worth a transfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

POKERKING wrote: »
    Aguero gets a combined 90 at best, madness to TC him. He is also in awful form.

I dont think even think he is worth a transfer!

He has scored in 3 of the past 5 matches.
    In 1 of the 5 he played only 14 minutes
    In the other game he got an assist.

Awful form surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭893bet

I have no city cover so Richy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sterling and tempted to TC him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Finally a week where the result is a little less predictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

TC Sane. I have all chips+WC available and I cant see what other week I would play the TC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Punty McPunterson

Bring in Siggy and throwing the armband on him over Sterling

What could possibly go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

i think i have gone crazy, but i'm going with hazard. sure i'm crazy for still having him in my team anyway so sure why not :D

chelsea really need a good win to get back on track and no better team to do it against than huddersfield. i have aguero but i think he will only start 1 out of the 2 games and i fancy arsenal for their 2nd game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Will Sterling get more minutes than Aguero, if we think yes then captaining Sterling makes a bit more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sterling TC done

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sané, whether it'll be captain or TC I haven't decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Have KDB and tempted to TC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sane normal captain.

I want my TC to play 180 minutes so it will be one of Kane, Aubameyang or Hazard in another double.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thunderdog wrote: »
    TC Sane. I have all chips+WC available and I cant see what other week I would play the TC

Unless I'm mistaken, there will likely be 2 more DGWs, no?

• spock. wrote: »
    Sane normal captain.

I want my TC to play 180 minutes so it will be one of Kane, Aubameyang or Hazard in another double.

Aubameyang is the one player I’d love to TC.

Any idea of what that DGW would look like for Arsenal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Aubameyang is the one player I’d love to TC.

Any idea of what that DGW would look like for Arsenal ?

Wolves away, Newcastle at home but only if Wolves make the FA Cup quarter final.
    (small chance it's GW35 which would be Wolves away, Palace at home)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

You know they say that all man city attackers are created equal, but you look at Sane, Sterling or kdb and you look at Aguero and you can see that statement is not true.

See, normally if you pick Sterling or Sane as a DGW captain, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Pep is a genetic freak and he's not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at picking the right captaincy choice. Then you add Jesus or Dilva to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. 

See in the DGW 25 , you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but Pep, Peps got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Pep KNOWS he can screw us all and he's not even gonna try!

So boards.ie qualifying league managers, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of a green arrow in gw25. But then you take Peps 'wheel of rotation' - a 75% chance of winning, if it was a normal single game week, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, and now you a got 141 2/3 chance of getting your DGW TC wrong .See fellow manager , the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you in game week 25.

Advertisement