Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public Service Broadcasting, Olympia and Limelight

• 05-09-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Public Service Broadcasting are coming back to both venues after doing the same earlier this year.  The Olympia on the 31st of January and The Limelight on the 1st of February.  I'll be at the Limelight :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Penfailed wrote: »
    Public Service Broadcasting are coming back to both venues after doing the same earlier this year.  The Olympia on the 31st of January and The Limelight on the 1st of February.  I'll be at the Limelight :)

I’ll be at the Olympia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I’ll be at the Olympia :)

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Academy show is one of my gigs of the year.
    They're a superb live act.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

The Academy show is one of my gigs of the year.
    They're a superb live act.

Recommended by boardsies ahead of EP 2017 and they were one of my highlights. B&S stage in the lashing rain, early AM....

Missed them at The Academy so glad to have got tickets this morning. I believe they have sold out the Albert Hall in London - great venue to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

whelzer wrote: »

Missed them at The Academy so glad to have got tickets this morning.

Are they on sale already? I can't get them on TM - or did you get them on a presale?

• Advertisement

Are they on sale already? I can't get them on TM - or did you get them on a presale?

Sold out in minutes...

whelzer wrote: »
    Sold out in minutes...

Ah FFS! I had it in my head they were going on sale tomorrow morning.

Also, when did they become so popular? Didn't think they would sell out so quick. It's a big jump in capacity from Academy to the Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The Olympia hasn’t sold out. Still tickets available (on ticketbastard).

Haven’t seen them since the Button Factory gig.

alastair wrote: »
    The Olympia hasn’t sold out. Still tickets available.

Thanking you! I checked on the app an hour ago and I couldn't get tickets, but logged in on my laptop now and see them.

Just got 2 tickets :cool: I went for circle seats....feeling old :D

Very odd - I know 4 people that could not get tickets this morning. They all got sorted this evening. Could tickets be released in batches/blocks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Sorted for ticket for the Limelight :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

First big (ish) gig of 2019, sooooo looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Patiently waiting for stage times...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I'm looking forward to this! So does anyone have any idea of times? I'm guessing 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Really looking forward to this now!

Enjoy! I'm looking forward to tomorrow night :)

What can I say...

First time seeing them...that was superb. Uplifting.

Hope they're back again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Pity it clashed with the rescheduled Tears for Fears.

Promoters don't seem to get there's a crossover audience for so many gigs.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Enjoy! I'm looking forward to tomorrow night :)

I'm jealous

• Advertisement

First time seeing them live. Incredible gig. Really enjoyed it.

That was a superb gig. Have been listening to them for years, saw them in The Academy last year but had a **** view. Was in The the circle tonight with a great view. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I just love them. Love the concept, love the instrumentation, love the nostalgia, love the live visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I really enjoyed it. It's such a great concept. It's really gives you a sense of how much has been accomplished by mankind and also the challenges of relentless progress.
    That;s a bit garbled, I'm probably not expressing myself well there, but anyway, great gig, I'd recommend it to anyone to go and see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Because the music defies categorisation, I think anyone would appreciate their show, even if you had never heard any of the albums beforehand.
    I was particularly pleased that we got Signal 30. It's not something they've played much recently.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

I was particularly pleased that we got Signal 30. It's not something they've played much recently.

I really hope they play Signal 30 tonight in Belfast. This time last year they played almost identical sets in Belfast and Dublin...the only difference was Dublin got Signal 30 and Belfast didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Great gig, good mix in the setlist

It was a nice rare feeling that at 30 I'm bringing the average age of the crowd down :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    Great gig, good mix in the setlist

It was a nice rare feeling that at 30 I'm bringing the average age of the crowd down :pac:

At 47 I was thought I was doing ok for the average....maybe not!

Great gig altogether, another couple of songs would have been nice, really enjoyed "London Can Take It", yer man was fairly emotional with the mention of facisim/brexit before "Spitfire".

I would happily go see them again tonight!

Slightly different setlist and set order tonight in Belfast. It was amazing and the crowd lapped it up! Great show!

DyXs8ToWoAAacBx.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Slightly different to the Dublin set.

472001.jpeg

Note: the first two songs are the wrong way round.

Advertisement