Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jersey framing

• 31-01-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Does anyone know a good place to get jerseys framed in Galway? Have a few to get done and finding it hard to get somewhere. Any recommendations. Even further a field if needed? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I've used the place across from the petrol station near the huntsman. It was the guts of 100 but it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

I've used the place across from the petrol station near the huntsman. It was the guts of 100 but it looks good

Ya looking for a good job seen some bad examples so wouldn't mind paying a bit. Was it long ago u got it done?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

It was a while ago but it's survived a few house moves

Framing place on the Tuam Road, at Monaghans garage, same building as Supermacs.

Used them once to frame 3 pics, happy with it. They often have a variety of different things framed in the windows so I'd say a Jersey isn't a big job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Theres a framing shop in Gort check it on facebook

They've done 2 very unique jobs for me very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Would you have a link to the one in Gort? Cant find it on FB. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I'd recommend this place too. I have had jerseys framed by him.
    They are Express Frames. Check them out on Facebook if you can.

Bazzy wrote: »
    Theres a framing shop in Gort check it on facebook

They've done 2 very unique jobs for me very well

is that Gort Framing Studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I have a mild fascination with that place. Been passing it as long as I can remember and it always seems to be open but never see people inside. Plus they have that mural on the side of the wall. I think I'll be upset if I ever see them closed down even though I've never been inside myself :pac:

Anyway, back on topic. I can recommend Ray on Domnick Street for framing. Does top quality work. Not sure he'd do jerseys but worth an ask if he suits better.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭doiredoire

xckjoo wrote: »
    I have a mild fascination with that place. Been passing it as long as I can remember and it always seems to be open but never see people inside. Plus they have that mural on the side of the wall. I think I'll be upset if I ever see them closed down even though I've never been inside myself :pac:

Anyway, back on topic. I can recommend Ray on Domnick Street for framing. Does top quality work. Not sure he'd do jerseys but worth an ask if he suits better.

He does do jerseys, he did one for me a good few years ago. Does great work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

badker wrote: »
    is that Gort Framing Studio?

Sorry for the late reply thats the one

Would highly recommend their work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I've had 2 jerseys done in the art shop across the road from the old Telecom Eireann building. Cregal Art I think?

I went with place by huntsman, thanks for all the input. ill report back to as how they turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AHOKD

badker wrote: »
    I went with place by huntsman, thanks for all the input. ill report back to as how they turn out.

Any update on this? How did it turn out and what was the price?

Advertisement