Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend me an estate agent

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

hardybuck wrote: »

They also offer a tiered package for sellers. The Silver level might be that you show the property yourself, and they deal with the advertising and legal. Gold Level is where they do everything that a normal estate agent do, but it's all on a fixed price, and if you don't sell you pay nothing.

Doubt they’d be offering that gold package in Waterford. €2500 at a flat rate is still a decent price, nearly half what you’d have to give a traditional estate agent. My experience with certain agents in the past hasn’t been great so being expected to pony up 1.5% +vat is very off putting. I might just have to bite the bullet though. Anybody have experience of John Rohan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Doubt they’d be offering that gold package in Waterford. €2500 at a flat rate is still a decent price, nearly half what you’d have to give a traditional estate agent. My experience with certain agents in the past hasn’t been great so being expected to pony up 1.5% +vat is very off putting. I might just have to bite the bullet though. Anybody have experience of John Rohan?

I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of Dublin, at the moment, was getting Gold. I see they've sold houses around the country, so I'm sure it suits some people to show the homes themselves or to get a family member to do it. I've used them for lettings and found them very reasonable.

Family members have used John Rohan a number of years ago and found him very good, after leaving O'Shea O'Toole. Also heard good feedback about Palmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

Dealt with that coward when trying to buy my first house.It was a bank repo and was fairly damaged after a leak inside.Offered X amount which agreed to.Gave him a deposit of 5k while contracts were being drawn up.3 days later he rang me back saying he had another offer of €10k more and will I match it.

As far as I was aware I thought the house was off the market after I gave him deposit.Needless to say I told him to stick it and got my deposit back ASAP.

Now he prances around the goldstone gym spreading his bull**** gospel of auctioneering.

brian2614 wrote: »
    Dealt with that coward when trying to buy my first house.It was a bank repo and was fairly damaged after a leak inside.Offered X amount which agreed to.Gave him a deposit of 5k while contracts were being drawn up.3 days later he rang me back saying he had another offer of €10k more and will I match it.

As far as I was aware I thought the house was off the market after I gave him deposit.Needless to say I told him to stick it and got my deposit back ASAP.

Now he prances around the goldstone gym spreading his bull**** gospel of auctioneering.

Just to be clear, you're talking about John Rohan rather than the company offering fixed prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

hardybuck wrote: »
    Just to be clear, you're talking about John Rohan rather than the company offering fixed prices?

Yep,the thread is about estate agents after all.

• Advertisement

Yep,the thread is about estate agents after all.

Absolutely, but you quoted my post about two different estage agents, so I just wanted to be certain who you were referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Had similar experience with John rohan. Bit of a cowboy in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Had similar experience with John rohan. Bit of a cowboy in my experience.

I also know of two people who'd the same problem with him.

I've dealt with Barry Murphy and Brian from Manor properties recently and both were very good.

If we're adding letting into the mix, I would like to note that our experience of Book a Room as a landlord is awful. Terrible customer service, and lack of pretty basic information pertaining to the market.

If anyone had better experiences for letting and property management please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Auctioneera

Hi Hardy Buck - we hope to be in Waterford soon!

• Advertisement

Hi Hardy Buck - we hope to be in Waterford soon![/quote

In the next 8 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Auctioneera

Alas, maybe not that quickly unfortunately but certainly by summer time!

Alas, maybe not that quickly unfortunately but certainly by summer time!

That’s a pity, can’t wait until then unfortunately lol. Best of luck with your business.

Advertisement