Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If DGW 25 were to go ahead would only have Sane from perspective teams so would consider free hit. Get a decent 11 from the players below and no need to restructure for 27.

Sane, Sterling, KDB, Kun, Ederson
    Alonso, Luiz, Hazard, Higuain
    Digne, Siggy, Ricky
    Duffy, Gross, Ryan, Murray

Makes sense if you have not wildcarded. For us early wildcarders GW32 is probably best when the Free Hit is best utilized.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably mentioned elsewhere but Son and South Korea lost their 1/4 final.

He's in my thoughts now again when Chelsea and City are blanking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

shineon23 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned elsewhere but Son and South Korea lost their 1/4 final.

He's in my thoughts now again when Chelsea and City are blanking.

Could be my Richy replacement, if i downgrade Jimenez to Niasse, or Jimenez to Ings and Digne to 4.5m.

A midfield of Pogba, Salah, Son and Sterling would be great. You could even say it'd be taking the PSSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Could be my Richy replacement, if i downgrade Jimenez to Niasse, or Jimenez to Ings and Digne to 4.5m.

A midfield of Pogba, Salah, Son and Sterling would be great. You could even say it'd be taking the PSSS.

Especially if you got Iwobi as your 5th cheap midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thats burnley v leicester and bournemouth v newcastle going ahead in gw 31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

No Chelsea dgw25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No DGW25 for Chelsea.

I'm happy with that actually as a Hazard owner. Bournemouth away and Huddersfield at home before selling and nobody will bring him in now.

Thats burnley v leicester and bournemouth v newcastle going ahead in gw 31

What are definite for 31?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What are definite for 31?

Those two fixtures and fulham liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

quote="Iused2likebusts;109248488"]Thats burnley v leicester and bournemouth v newcastle going ahead in gw 31[/quote
    Those two fixtures and fulham liverpool

Great, so i have thr grand total of 1 and a half players for gw31 so far.
    2, if TAA is ever fit enough to play for me

• Advertisement

Maximum of 8 PL teams in the last 16 of the cup. A couple of all PL ties and there wont be very many blanks and doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Maximum of 8 PL teams in the last 16 of the cup. A couple of all PL ties and there wont be very many blanks and doubles.

The way things are going the blanks and doubles will be a non event.

West Ham next to drop!??

FHFC wrote: »
    The way things are going the blanks and doubles will be a non event.

West Ham next to drop!??

Yup. They are. 4-2

Maximum of 7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Nooooo!

Blanks and DGWs are the main advantage us obsessive eejits have over the casual eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FA Cup has killed the spreadsheet for 18/19.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Today was a great day

km79 wrote: »
    Today was a great day

I think even if you've used wildcard and/or free hit early it's still best for serious players if the blanks and doubles are tricky and require some planning.

Other serious players with wildcard etc may be at less of an advantage over you but the masses have just got a big leg up.

Guess it depends whether you're playing for OR or more to beat certain rivals in certain leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have but one simple question:

Does it seem like Palace will have a DGW in GW37 or not?

Asking for me, not a friend :)

With no DGW25 for Chelsea and Liverpool not having any DGWs, it's going to be tricky to find the best TC.

City assets are all at risk of rotation in a DGW so risky to use it on one of them.
    If Wolves get to the FA cup quarter final, then Aubameyang likely to have a DGW32 of wol, NEW which might be the best we'll get.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As someone with only one player from both team I’m not jumping for joy with this.

spock. wrote: »

Totally messes up my plans. The only reason I brought in Hazard on WC was for GW24 and GW25, then dump him. I have Digne, Richy and Sterling for the DGW. I'll need to ponder dumping Hazard (HUD) for City mid/Aguero (ARS, eve). At least I didnt sell Richy.

Ill prob stick with digne Ricky and aguero
    Pep roulette will be in full affect no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Keeping Ricky just because he has dgwk feels like a trap but I'm gonna do it anyway.

My entire squad have decent gw 25 fixtures now
    BB without taking hits is tempting
    I don’t have a second playing keeper though Cos Australia got knocked out
    Pity

They're 3 tough enough games for City; ARS (Feb-3rd), eve (Feb-6th) and CHE (Feb-10th). The FA cup either side of them too, meaning players already rested and more than likely after the Chelsea game too. I can see Aguero playing all 3 games, possibly Sterling and KdB too. I have Sterling and will strongly consider getting Aguero too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,007 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've Laporte, Digne and Sané. I've no idea what to do. Feels like I need Sterling or KDB somehow. Just brought in Mané, and it feels like I need to maybe sacrifice him for GW25.

However City's tough run means I may be jumping the gun.

Zero interest in Everton players. Second game vs City is hardly worth considering, especially for defenders. Don't own any and think those who do may be trapped into keeping out of form players over a very low ceiling extra game on top of a tricky enough game vs Wolves.

Big question for me is whether any of the City players are worthy of consideration for the TC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Digne Sterling Aguero happy enough with that, do I bother getting in another City player, if so will probably be gk or def

Advertisement