Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Yep checking e_liquid_recipes says 12.50ml nic to add to make total 50ml juice of 50%PG-50%VG with an 18ml nic strength so thats straight forward but with the one shots already containing 50ml of nic less juice wouldnt you need a bit more than 12.50ml,my thinking was with that amount that you would be diluting the nic volume in the final amount when you add the contents together of 50ml of nic less juice + 12.50ml of nic = 62.50ml so lowering the strength of the nic......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

damon5 wrote:
    Yep checking e_liquid_recipes says 12.50ml nic to add to make total 50ml juice of 50%PG-50%VG with an 18ml nic strength so thats straight forward but with the one shots already containing 50ml of nic less juice wouldnt you need a bit more than 12.50ml,my thinking was with that amount that you would be diluting the nic volume in the final amount when you add the contents together of 50ml of nic less juice + 12.50ml of nic = 62.50ml so lowering the strength of the nic......

I'd decant it into a slightly bigger bottle and add 15ml of 72mg nic. That's one of the problems with 0 nic shortfills, difficult to mix high nic content without diluting the juice too much and losing flavour.

What is your preference in flavours?

What is your preference in flavours?

I,ve found it very hard to find a vape that i like,tried sweet,sour menthol but not really into them,a cigarette tasting vape would be the holy grail.John players was my smoke of choice but i know that you will never get a juice to taste the same,say if i had no JP,s i would have to smoke another brand,wouldnt taste the same but once you were getting the nicotene hit you would eventually get accustomed and used to that taste.Still smoking about 5 a day and vaping,cant kick the habit at the moment,maybe something to do with giving up the beer six months ago so maybe not the right time to fully go cold turkey from a 30 odd year dependant habit ......

One of the simplest tobacco juices to mix that I still use is Glory from Flavour Art. Mixed at about 3 per cent with 12mg nic gives me that sometimes needed cigarette hit. Hint of a nutty flavour off it but very subtle.
    Ezsmoke in Kinvara have an excellent selection of tobacco concentrate from T Juice that you should check out. I've tried most of them so if you're unsure of anything gimme a shout.
    When you're ready to move from tobacco flavour I have an excellent RY4 recipe or you could try the RY4 from Flavour Boss, they're a little sweeter than the plain tobacco's.

• Advertisement

One of the simplest tobacco juices to mix that I still use is Glory from Flavour Art. Mixed at about 3 per cent with 12mg nic gives me that sometimes needed cigarette hit. Hint of a nutty flavour off it but very subtle.
    Ezsmoke in Kinvara have an excellent selection of tobacco concentrate from T Juice that you should check out. I've tried most of them so if you're unsure of anything gimme a shout.
    When you're ready to move from tobacco flavour I have an excellent RY4 recipe or you could try the RY4 from Flavour Boss, they're a little sweeter than the plain tobacco's.

Thanks for the info will definitely check them out and give you a shout WHEN and not if needed : ),tried a few 10mls of RY4 before and the sweetness got to me in the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Realising that to continue vaping the flavour that i want ill need to DIY. This is by far my fav juice and i found this recipe.

Could anyone pop a link to where these ingredients can be purchased? Im hoping i wont have to make several orders.

Any help ill appreciate

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2700459/Slow%20Blow%20Clone%20%28Nasty%20Juice%29%205*%20Best%20on%20ELR

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

damon5 wrote: »
    I,ve found it very hard to find a vape that i like,tried sweet,sour menthol but not really into them,a cigarette tasting vape would be the holy grail.John players was my smoke of choice but i know that you will never get a juice to taste the same,say if i had no JP,s i would have to smoke another brand,wouldnt taste the same but once you were getting the nicotene hit you would eventually get accustomed and used to that taste.Still smoking about 5 a day and vaping,cant kick the habit at the moment,maybe something to do with giving up the beer six months ago so maybe not the right time to fully go cold turkey from a 30 odd year dependant habit ......

Heard good things about this:
    https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/bottle-shots/bottle-shot-barrel-aged-tobacco

Never heard of it before,be nice to try it out though,another one for the bucket list ....

Went on to flavour art and was checking out some stuff and then a page from them came up regarding the usual age concern that your under or over 18 and suddenly my internet security kept popping up stuff on the screen saying that it has stopped numerous attempts because of Adware and malicious links :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Realising that to continue vaping the flavour that i want ill need to DIY. This is by far my fav juice and i found this recipe.

Could anyone pop a link to where these ingredients can be purchased? Im hoping i wont have to make several orders.

Any help ill appreciate

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2700459/Slow%20Blow%20Clone%20%28Nasty%20Juice%29%205*%20Best%20on%20ELR
    Haven't made an order in a while but I'd say you'll have to end up making a few orders. Real Flavours / Drip Hacks concentrates generally aren't on the main concentrate sites

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slick14

Hey
    Just wondering if anyone knows..... On the DarkStar site they sell TFA or FA concentrates. Is this the same as TPA?? I've some recipes I want to try and want to buy exactly what they are putting in. Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

slick14 wrote: »
    Hey
    Just wondering if anyone knows..... On the DarkStar site they sell TFA or FA concentrates. Is this the same as TPA?? I've some recipes I want to try and want to buy exactly what they are putting in. Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Slick.

Flavour apprentice/Perfume apprentice.
    Same thing, think they changed their branding a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Hey
    Thanks,
    Slick.

TFA and TPA are the same thing, but FA is a different company - Flavour Art.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hey
    Thanks,
    Slick.

As mentioned above, TPA and TFA are one in the same. FA = Flavorart, Darkstar re-label their concentrates as Dark Arts, it's the same stuff though. They change some of the names a little too, but you can always tell what they are in comparison to the originals. For example they change 'Nonna's cake' to 'Grandma's cake' - or Fuji Apple to Apple Fuji, subtle changes

Don't forget to make use of the code 'SUPERCODE' to get a few quid off your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Have a few flavour apprentice fruit concentrates that im looking to mix up. Just simple single fruit flavours like blackcurrant, apricot. Just wondering what would be a good simple recipe for these.

Also looking to use strawberry shisha inawera in a simple enough recipe but unsure what to do with it.

Have a few flavour apprentice fruit concentrates that im looking to mix up. Just simple single fruit flavours like blackcurrant, apricot. Just wondering what would be a good simple recipe for these.

Also looking to use strawberry shisha inawera in a simple enough recipe but unsure what to do with it.

Have you got TPA Juicy Peach? That mixes well with Apricot. You could do something like 5% Juicy Peach, 3% Apricot and 2% Strawberry Shisha and then see what you think? I bit of Fuji Apple or Cactus (either at 1% or under) to make it a bit more juicy would be nice, or you could add a cream of some sort to round it out.

I've never used TPA Blackcurrant, but for my only recipes with a different brand I have, I usually go around 6% with the Blackcurrant and then layer a couple of other dark berries underneath e.g. Blackberry and Blueberry. I think blackcurrants and similar concentrates benefit from a bit of extra sweetener and a cooling effect like WS23 or Koolada. Blackcurrant and menthol or an anise flavour was nice in a one shot I tried.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstand and you just want a recipe for each of those flavours by themselves at a certain percentage?

Phill_M wrote: »
    Have you got TPA Juicy Peach? That mixes well with Apricot. You could do something like 5% Juicy Peach, 3% Apricot and 2% Strawberry Shisha and then see what you think? I bit of Fuji Apple or Cactus (either at 1% or under) to make it a bit more juicy would be nice, or you could add a cream of some sort to round it out.

I've never used TPA Blackcurrant, but for my only recipes with a different brand I have, I usually go around 6% with the Blackcurrant and then layer a couple of other dark berries underneath e.g. Blackberry and Blueberry. I think blackcurrants and similar concentrates benefit from a bit of extra sweetener and a cooling effect like WS23 or Koolada. Blackcurrant and menthol or an anise flavour was nice in a one shot I tried.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstand and you just want a recipe for each of those flavours by themselves at a certain percentage?

Thanks. Thats a great help. I do have juicy peach so will try that for sure. What cream would you recommend with it?

Also yeah im looking for a few simple single fruit flavours i can shake and vape as well but not sure on % or whether to add something like marshmallow etc to sweeten.

Thanks. Thats a great help. I do have juicy peach so will try that for sure. What cream would you recommend with it?

Also yeah im looking for a few simple single fruit flavours i can shake and vape as well but not sure on % or whether to add something like marshmallow etc to sweeten.

You could try a Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - like Flavor West or TPA at 3-4%. You could use Capella's Vanilla Custard at around the same level if you prefer custard to ice cream. TPA Bavarian Cream at around 3% normally works well with fruits.

I don't mix single flavours, I usually buy oneshots if I feel like that. You could just make a tiny batch of the flavours you're interest in at 5-6% and see how they taste? Then you can see if they need a drop of marshmallow, sweetener, meringue etc to make them palatable or if they're better off in a more complicated mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Peixesapo

Hi all

I didn't know I could get 72 mg Mic, that would definitely be a life changed for me!

I have been having a look at it and I think 100ml would do for me. Question is, what is the difference between the UK nicotine and the EU nicotine to have such a difference in price? were talking about 8 vs 18 pounds!

• Advertisement

Peixesapo wrote:
    I have been having a look at it and I think 100ml would do for me. Question is, what is the difference between the UK nicotine and the EU nicotine to have such a difference in price? were talking about 8 vs 18 pounds!

I presume this is from Nicotine UK? There is absolutely no difference in quality, it's cheaper to have it produced in the EU so the cost saving is passed onto the customer.
    Another site worth checking is nicotine hub.
    I get mine delivered via Parcel Motel, An Post/AddressPal have issues with liquid going through their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Peixesapo

I presume this is from Nicotine UK? There is absolutely no difference in quality, it's cheaper to have it produced in the EU so the cost saving is passed onto the customer.
    Another site worth checking is nicotine hub.
    I get mine delivered via Parcel Motel, An Post/AddressPal have issues with liquid going through their system.

It is from there.

I'll check the other site and I'll make an order. If it really arrives this nic will be the best finding for me, as I need to go back on the mixing. I use low ohm drippers and I can't afford to be buying fancy liquids. On top of that, that are just ok most of the times so I'll go back to my old recipes without diluting them with the nicotine shots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Ok I have just found a 30ml bottle of Cú Chulainn ! My absolute favourite, discontinued at least 2 years ago....only problem is its 18mg and I'm now on 6mg.

I have bought a bottle of 0mg Bright Tobacco to dilute it, and try and stretch it out, but am getting confused online.

Am I right in thinking 6mg ish of 0 to 3 mg ish of 18 will give me 6 ish??

I don't mind ish :D:D And I don't care it is probably out of date :)

dragona wrote: »
    Ok I have just found a 30ml bottle of Cú Chulainn ! My absolute favourite, discontinued at least 2 years ago....only problem is its 18mg and I'm now on 6mg.

I have bought a bottle of 0mg Bright Tobacco to dilute it, and try and stretch it out, but am getting confused online.

Am I right in thinking 6mg ish of 0 to 3 mg ish of 18 will give me 6 ish??

I don't mind ish :D:D And I don't care it is probably out of date :)
    You'd need a ratio of 2:1 of 0mg to 18mg to get down to 6mg. 20ml of 0mg to 10ml of 18mg would give you 30ml of 6mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Phill_M wrote: »
    You'd need a ratio of 2:1 of 0mg to 18mg to get down to 6mg. 20ml of 0mg to 10ml of 18mg would give you 30ml of 6mg.

I'll give that a go thank you

Anybody know anywhere that does mollinberry concentrates. I usually get them from picknmix diy but the mango i need is out of stock the last while.

Cant see much online either over here or the uk

Anybody know anywhere that does mollinberry concentrates. I usually get them from picknmix diy but the mango i need is out of stock the last while.

Cant see much online either over here or the uk

Yup, was out of stock when I went to buy some recently, I think I might have to re-adjust my recipe, I hate that I'm tied to only one site for a critical flavoring. The past few months I've found that the taste has changed with this particular Mango also, it's gotten ... sharper, less smooth, which is the opposite of what I want. I've tried other mangos for the recipe [I'm presuming you are talking my Long gone day? as I think I'm about the only person to have made a recipe with this mango! :D ] when I couldn't get the Molinberry and they turned out pretty good. Will have to experiment a little more

Yup, was out of stock when I went to buy some recently, I think I might have to re-adjust my recipe, I hate that I'm tied to only one site for a critical flavoring. The past few months I've found that the taste has changed with this particular Mango also, it's gotten ... sharper, less smooth, which is the opposite of what I want. I've tried other mangos for the recipe [I'm presuming you are talking my Long gone day? as I think I'm about the only person to have made a recipe with this mango! :D ] when I couldn't get the Molinberry and they turned out pretty good. Will have to experiment a little more

Yeah I need it for your long day gone recipe. I have a small bit of capella sweet mango left but not sure if it will be as good

Yeah I need it for your long day gone recipe. I have a small bit of capella sweet mango left but not sure if it will be as good

Sweet mango is very different, it does work, I have tried it in the past, but it's a lot more pronounced so I would half the %, it gives a nice twist on it as I do like that mango. It's more of a sorbet, reminds me of a solero if you have ever had one of those ice creams you'll know what I mean. Give it a shot :) Just call it LGD #2 :D

• Advertisement

Sweet mango is very different, it does work, I have tried it in the past, but it's a lot more pronounced so I would half the %, it gives a nice twist on it as I do like that mango. It's more of a sorbet, reminds me of a solero if you have ever had one of those ice creams you'll know what I mean. Give it a shot :) Just call it LGD #2 :D

Thats what mango madness is like for me. At least it was. Cant taste it the same the last few times and ive no idea why

Advertisement