Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams Olympia Sun 31st March 2019

• 21-01-2019 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Just announced !
    Tix on sale Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Just announced !
    Tix on sale Friday.

As much as I love Ryan, I'm not sure if I'm going to go to this, which would be the first time I've missed him when he's played Ireland in over a decade. I've found his last couple of albums pretty uninspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Pa8301 wrote: »
    As much as I love Ryan, I'm not sure if I'm going to go to this, which would be the first time I've missed him when he's played Ireland in over a decade. I've found his last couple of albums pretty uninspiring.

Gig before the album's released, think I'll skip as well. Although had a great time the last time he played.

He'll be back for Electric Picnic. I'll hold out for then. This is just a guess btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

The Pinball Lair

Premium reserved seat in the first (20) rows

Invitation to Ryan’s Pinball Lair, a pre-show experience featuring:

Pinball, pinball, and more pinball

The ‘What Am I’ Ryan Adams gallery

Snacks, sparkling water, and cash bar*

Exclusive merchandise gift signed by Ryan Adams

Commemorative laminate

Merchandise shopping opportunity before general doors

On-site experience host

*Local liquor laws apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This is fantastic news. He’s ace.

• Advertisement

Looks like you need to buy the vinyl album at £40 sterling to get a pre-sale code for Wednesday morning or leave it until Friday and hope for the best.

Seems like it's standing in Dublin so I'm not sure how they are selling tix in the first 20 rows with this "Pinball Lair" crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pinball? Why couldn't it have been arcade machines? Or ya know, none of this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

perrier wrote: »
    Looks like you need to buy the vinyl album at £40 sterling to get a pre-sale code for Wednesday morning or leave it until Friday and hope for the best.

Seems like it's standing in Dublin so I'm not sure how they are selling tix in the first 20 rows with this "Pinball Lair" crap.

No purchase necesssary for the code. Usually a link there to sign up to mailing list and that will suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I guess there is a good chance he will add sat 30th too?

Extra gig on the Monday more likely I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ts_editor

Here's the schedule. Doesn't look like he has multiple nights planned anywhere.
    The Saturday maybe, but no doubt he'll be back around later in the year or next year, supporting these 3 albums, playing extra shows and cities. *ahem* Belfast.
    March
    31 Dublin, IE​​ Olympia Theatre

April
    2​ London, UK​​ Royal Albert Hall
    5​ Newcastle, UK​ O2 Academy
    6​ Birmingham, UK​ O2 Academy
    7​ Manchester, UK​ O2 Apollo
    9​ Glasgow, UK​​ Royal Concert Hall
    10​ Sheffield, UK​​ O2 Academy
    11​ Cambridge, UK​ Corn Exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

going by that, I'd definitely expect another London date on the 3rd, as he's unlikely to be taking 3 days off for the hell of it between London and Newcastle.
    A Monday gig in Dublin would mean 4 in a row, so probably more likely to be Saturday if there is an extra one added. Olympia doesn't have anything announced for either Saturday or Monday at the moment.

going by that, I'd definitely expect another London date on the 3rd, as he's unlikely to be taking 3 days off for the hell of it between London and Newcastle.
    A Monday gig in Dublin would mean 4 in a row, so probably more likely to be Saturday if there is an extra one added. Olympia doesn't have anything announced for either Saturday or Monday at the moment.

The guy is a powerhouse for playing gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Anyone have a presale code?

Anyone have a presale code?

Think someone just mentioned signing up to Ryans mailing list?

Played 2 x Olympia plus one in Cork last time, all sold out. I definitely expect an extra date, be it Sat or Mon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I don't suppose if I asked nicely, he'd just turn up and play Heartbreaker? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Any idea of how much these tickets will cost? No indication on ticketmaster or the paxam site yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 marcmc77

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Any idea of how much these tickets will cost? No indication on ticketmaster or the paxam site yet.

From €49.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,989 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I don't suppose if I asked nicely, he'd just turn up and play Heartbreaker? No?
    Can't wait for Summer of 69 meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭shane.

I’m on the mailing list and haven’t received a pre sale code, when do they send out?, or does anyone have a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 marcmc77

shane. wrote: »
    I’m on the mailing list and haven’t received a pre sale code, when do they send out?, or does anyone have a code?

I got one an hour ago because I preordered the new album..

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

shane. wrote: »

I'm on the mailing list too. Just checked there. Nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Just checked the website, apparently you don't need to purchase the album but the sign up deadline was 3pm today as per the below link;

https://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/vvreg/14151-587842.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just checked the website, apparently you don't need to purchase the album but the sign up deadline was 3pm today as per the below link;

https://zaphod.uk.vvhp.net/vvreg/14151-587842.html

They hid that away nicely didnt they.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭shane.

Someone could put a code up as it’s not single use

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Code anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭r0chf0rt

The codes are single use only

The code seems to be single use only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar