Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Devil vs God live in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell is this about, are they regular crackpots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Not too sure but the bible preacher has been around the apple market and red square the last few weeks i think,maybe the devil just had enough and had to confront him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

He drove all the way from Wexford just to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Must be one of the funniest video on FB :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some say the divil is dead but is preaching In Waterford

Comedy gold Waterford City Centre these days. Homeless, beggars, junkies, preachers etc what next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

Must have a pretty boring life to spend your time getting into full "devil" costume and obtaining equipment to use in shouting someone down.

Must have a pretty boring life to spend your time getting into full "devil" costume and obtaining equipment to use in shouting someone down.

Id say the bible preacher is the one with a boring life going around everyday pushing his views on other people.

Id say the bible preacher is the one with a boring life going around everyday pushing his views on other people.

Only one had bad intentions:rolleyes:

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

But which one? I mean, you know what some of those christians are like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Some say the divil is dead but is preaching In Waterford

Comedy gold Waterford City Centre these days. Homeless, beggars, junkies, preachers etc what next

And that **** on the electric guitar. He never ****s off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Its not really that funny tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Only in Waderfurd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Christian? People should keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lertsnim wrote:
    The Christian? People should keep their religious beliefs to themselves.

Nothing wrong with expressing religious beliefs in a peaceful and respectful way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Yes there is. No-one going about their daily life in the city wants to hear some jesus nut mouthing off about salvation and damnation. And I'm sure businesses in the vicinity would rather he was not there. Especially a cafe with outdoor seating. Who want's to sit down for coffee and listen to preaching? And some people might be put off in case he'd come over and bother them.

Nothing wrong with religion. Each to their own. But they shouldn't be out mouthing off around the street making a nuisance of themselves.

They do it in Cork too. There's mormons, but they are harmless enough and they keep to themselves for the most part and let people approach if they want. But now and again there are hard core preachers, mouthing off about this or that and handing out bits of literature. Piss off away from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with expressing religious beliefs in a peaceful and respectful way

But only if it's a religion you agree with? What if an actual satanist wanted to express their beliefs in a peaceful and respectful way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Absolute clown blowing the heads off everyone trying to go about their day.

Obviously he has the right to say whatever he likes but surely someone could take the bloody microphone off him?

True, but do it in your place of worship and not in public spaces where it interferes with other people going about their daily chores.

Yes there is. No-one going about their daily life in the city wants to hear some jesus nut mouthing off about salvation and damnation. And I'm sure businesses in the vicinity would rather he was not there. Especially a cafe with outdoor seating. Who want's to sit down for coffee and listen to preaching? And some people might be put off in case he'd come over and bother them.

Nothing wrong with religion. Each to their own. But they shouldn't be out mouthing off around the street making a nuisance of themselves.

They do it in Cork too. There's mormons, but they are harmless enough and they keep to themselves for the most part and let people approach if they want. But now and again there are hard core preachers, mouthing off about this or that and handing out bits of literature. Piss off away from me!

Not everyone would agree with that sentiment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lertsnim wrote: »
    But only if it's a religion you agree with? What if an actual satanist wanted to express their beliefs in a peaceful and respectful way?

hell yea, wheres that church, im currently churchless?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

hell yea, wheres that church, im currently churchless?
    Salem, Massachusetts of course. Just to warn you though, Satanists don't actually worship anything.

Thankfully we are still living in a day where it's not a crime to share the gospel with others. People need to hear it. If they don't like it they can (and mostly do) ignore it.

Thankfully we are still living in a day where it's not a crime to share the gospel with others. People need to hear it. If they don't like it they can (and mostly do) ignore it.

Are you the bible preacher?,and why do people need to hear it?

Yelling at the top of your voice is just ignorant regardless of the topic. Same goes for that Anti Brexit fella outside the Houses of Parliament at the moment!

It would also be against the interests of the preacher to be going around preaching and mouthing off constantly in public. Lets say in his "normal" side of life he goes for a job interview somewhere. Interviewer be like "this is the jesus nut from the Applemarket, no way".

Indeed, people still don't seem to realise that stuff on the internet is likely to be there for as long as it might come back to haunt you. While it could be considered unlucky to be linked as there are no names some local employer might have watched it and later recognise the voice :D

Are you the bible preacher?,and why do people need to hear it?

I'm just speaking against the mockery, I don't know the guy preaching only from what I've seen here. I am a Christian though, and I wouldn't be one if I didn't believe the Bible to be true. So it's for that reason I believe that people need to hear the gospel, Jesus' death, burial and resurrection for our sins. Especially so in this day and age that's getting more and more godless by the second. I see JW's there on the quay almost every morning with their stand out and pamphlets, and while I disagree with them I don't feel the need to mock them. I'm just glad to know that there are still people out there, like the preacher in the video, spreading the truth amongst all the confusion.

Theres a difference between offering to spread the word to those who might be interested in it, as the Mormons and JW often do, and being a loud obnoxious preacher ramming your religious drivel down the throats and into the ears of those who don't want to have anything to do with it. That's not spreading the word. That's being an ignorant pr!ck.

Some people might be religious, but at the end of the day, most people aren't religious in any meaningful way beyond the usual routines of communion, weddings and funerals which are pretty much de-facto cultural events now rather than religious.

Religions appear, have their day, and evaporate. In ireland we've had paganism, early christianity, protestantism, catholocism. Each had their beginning, heyday of mass appeal and, ultimately, their end as a major force. Same as anything really. Preaching christianity is really a bit like flogging a dead horse at this stage. Ireland had the EU in general has moved passed religion in the mainstream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Thank God, I'm an atheist

Advertisement