Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing car from South Africa

• 10-01-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24 SilverCoin2100

Hi

Could anyone give me some pointers on importing a car from South Africa? I travel there fairly regularly so have a realistic idea of what's out there (ie this isn't just a dreamer post! :-)

Does the 30 year vrt rule for classics also apply to cars imported from outside the EU?

Cars I'm thinking of are all in or around the 30 year old mark. Long term plan would be to have a 30+ year old classic to enjoy in Ireland and avail of the €56 annual road tax.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement