Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Q School 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Lads do you think the board plays much of a difference?

I've a Winmau and a Unicorn at home. To the naked eye they look similar but I do find that I play better on the Winmau.

Slightly bigger trebles maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

sc86 wrote: »
    Durrant out again
    Lost 5 - 4 to some nobody

Don't give up the day job Glen.

Oh wait.... too late now

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

I've a Winmau and a Unicorn at home. To the naked eye they look similar but I do find that I play better on the Winmau.

It couldn't explain the difference in averages across the board. If it were the case the BDO lads would be flying through Q School. Its just an excuse the BDO fanboys have been trotting out for years to try to explain the gulf in class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Trebles are 8% bigger on the Unicorn (PDC) boards. Think the bullseye is smaller.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Trebles are 8% bigger on the Unicorn (PDC) boards. Think the bullseye is smaller.

This is an old post from me in the forum.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    This is not true, in fact the trebles on a Winmau Blade 4 are bigger than on a Unicorn Eclipse HD by .06mm.

This is a common misconception that stems back from years ago when the BDO were using terrible boards. The difference between the two now is so small that is negligible.

Here is a side by side comparison of the two boards:

Trebles: HD = 8.7mm / Blade 8.76mm
    Doubles: HD = 8.9mm / Blade 8.64mm
    Bull: HD = 11.6mm / Blade = 12.5mm
    Scoring width at it widest point: HD = 47.5mm / Blade = 48.42MM

The Winmau Blade 4 is larger on three out of the four categories.

The trebles are not bigger on a PDC board.

• Advertisement

It couldn't explain the difference in averages across the board. If it were the case the BDO lads would be flying through Q School. Its just an excuse the BDO fanboys have been trotting out for years to try to explain the gulf in class.

I know but I'm the opposite, I consistently score heavier on the Winmau, which would suggest to me that the trebles are slightly larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Last 8 today

D Lauby v R Collins
    Jim Williams v Scott Baker

C Wilkinson v C Rydz
    Mark McGeeney v Jamie Bain

Even if McGeeney doesn't win a card today he could prob not bother playing the last two days and still pick up a card through order of merit

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This is an old post from me in the forum.

The trebles are not bigger on a PDC board.

I've measured them with a caliper before too, an the unicorn trebles are slightly bigger. I've watched Chris mason do it aswell but can't find the video.

Unicorn trebles are proven to be bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

I've measured them with a caliper before too, an the unicorn trebles are slightly bigger. I've watched Chris mason do it aswell but can't find the video.

nothing worth talking about really
    chris mason video was good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Baker and mcgeeney day 2 winners. Lauby only had a 76 average in his semi against baker

Baker and mcgeeney day 2 winners. Lauby only had a 76 average in his semi against baker

Scott Baker?

Fair play to Mark, nice guy, very proud of his Irish heritage. Wears the tricolour badge on his shirt in memory of his Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Scott Baker?

Fair play to Mark, nice guy, very proud of his Irish heritage. Wears the tricolour badge on his shirt in memory of his Dad.

Yeah Scott baker, results below. mcgeeney done well over the 2 days, well deserved.

https://tv.dartconnect.com/matchlist/pdcukqs19e2

Scott the mod will be fun

Tour card winners get the card for 2 years guareented too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Keith Carter got a 49 average today, an improvement on his day 1 average of 39.

Unfortunately for Reece Pearse he followed up his 52 average yesterday with a 47 average today.

You would hope that it is just nerves or something and that they are some bit better than that. You could probably understand someone who consistantly averaged in the 70s throwing his hat in the ring.

Always thought the PDC trebles were bigger too or at least that the wires were alot thinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Fair play to McGeeney looked to be very consistent.

Doesn’t look good for Durrant which is disappointing, would like to see how he’d get on

TbL

Fallon sherrock hasnt won a leg yet
    Lads were calling for her to go on the pdc full time !

Id say glen durrant is odds on for knob of the week on justincredible darts blog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

Nice to see World Cup runner up Barrie Bates doing well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

From the results today -

Board 17
    Parody, Dyson 5-0 Jennings, Nick

Is this a hoover joke??

I interesting draw today. Nathan Raff has Anastasia in first round. My moneys on Jarred Cole today

Fallon Sherrock 5-2 Gary Court ��

keith carter just averaged 39 in a match....

sc86 wrote: »
    keith carter just averaged 39 in a match....

Thats 39. 49 an 39 for the last 3 days. Crazy. What makes that worse is its almost a scoring average. He isn't missing doubles bringing it down

This is Carters third year at q school. Never won a leg. Also did 12 challenge tours never winning a leg

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=32241

Here's a sample of his quality scoring. I'd do it throwing with me feet

This is Carters third year at q school. Never won a leg. Also did 12 challenge tours never winning a leg

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=32241

Here's a sample of his quality scoring. I'd do it throwing with me feet

Ha sorry didn’t see your post. He’s on Twitter too.

• Advertisement

Another lad, Ian Hurley averaged 38 today. These guys are legends. Looking at the overall averages, it looks like a solid mid 70s would win you a few games everyday.

Advertisement