Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€70,000 per house for renewables...i can do it for free

• 05-01-2019 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just reading this article H E R E ...
    I cant make the love of the renewable and green energy how do they came up with the amount of €350k,around 70k per house for the all the systems !!?

I live in Dublin (not lovely Kerry) suburban, normal house and decent estate, lovely people.
    I can give them access to following ,free of charge:
    Solar Panels
    PV Panels
    EV chargers
    EV car (for today a single car, second one on the way)
    2 x 1000W Smart APC managed UPS for the blackout mentioned in the article
    I will have taken €7k for a 10kw battery management solution and paid back over few years, not €75k

Why they haven't used already installed systems and they decided to invest some money in new installs to prove something that we know already !?
    Why they are not testing a FIT system with our installs !?

Just don't get it today, maybe with tomorrow new ways of explaining how energy floes through the wires in Kerry, could make a understanding.

Back to my bottle of wine...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Starting early huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Ireland Ecotourism

3hours ago

Go h-an mhaith. Dear ESB, I have been living off grid with solar pv and a lithium battery storage system for the past year in County Clare and decided to do so because i became fed up with the lack of support offered by the powers that be including you the ESB for everyday people like me who wish to become independent energy producers in Eire. In 2008 i grid tied a micro wind turbine in anticipation of being able to feed in to the grid and get paid a little for my investment but for 10 years now the government and their energy regulators have lacked the vision to see how small renewable energy producers can benefit our environment. It is all about economics to BIG ENERGY and how to control the revenue created from same. Senior staff getting paid ridiculous salaries and operating like they own the market and getting their fat bonus cheques. As a semi state body We The People own the energy market and it is about time the big boys and girls who dictate the market wake up to that fact. Localised community generated renewable power and smart grids are the future when the ESB catch up. These trials in Corca Dhuibhne will take another 10 years before you act on it and in the meantime our environment is deteriorating at a destructive rate. I decided to go off grid without a grant as grants slow the process down. In actual fact if you deal directly with suppliers and manufacturers and befriend a like minded electrician you will save the amount that any grant will offer. The ESB are charging excessive prices for their pv (photo voltaic solar module) installs at the moment. Again they will say these high prices will benefit the government with taxes paid and profits made. What about benefiting the consumer first. The person who can really make a difference with the mess that has been made of our environment the past 50 years. Humanities days are numbered if we don’t act fast and get the solutions to the mainstream quicker. Peace/Síocháin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

It talks about deep retrofit aswell. The headline is misleading - the renewable % of this investment is over stated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Rev spend 5 million, probably got European grant for 5 million

They will waste the 5 million, at the end of it there will be no report and decided technology have moved ahead now and this solution is not relevant anymore

They would be better to take the 5 million and install solar PV on as many houses as possible across Ireland and get them to feedback info to esb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

rolion wrote: »
    Ireland Ecotourism

3hours ago

Go h-an mhaith. Dear ESB, I have been living off grid with solar pv and a lithium battery storage system for the past year in County Clare and decided to do so because i became fed up with the lack of support offered by the powers that be including you the ESB for everyday people like me who wish to become independent energy producers in Eire. In 2008 i grid tied a micro wind turbine in anticipation of being able to feed in to the grid and get paid a little for my investment but for 10 years now the government and their energy regulators have lacked the vision to see how small renewable energy producers can benefit our environment. It is all about economics to BIG ENERGY and how to control the revenue created from same. Senior staff getting paid ridiculous salaries and operating like they own the market and getting their fat bonus cheques. As a semi state body We The People own the energy market and it is about time the big boys and girls who dictate the market wake up to that fact. Localised community generated renewable power and smart grids are the future when the ESB catch up. These trials in Corca Dhuibhne will take another 10 years before you act on it and in the meantime our environment is deteriorating at a destructive rate. I decided to go off grid without a grant as grants slow the process down. In actual fact if you deal directly with suppliers and manufacturers and befriend a like minded electrician you will save the amount that any grant will offer. The ESB are charging excessive prices for their pv (photo voltaic solar module) installs at the moment. Again they will say these high prices will benefit the government with taxes paid and profits made. What about benefiting the consumer first. The person who can really make a difference with the mess that has been made of our environment the past 50 years. Humanities days are numbered if we don’t act fast and get the solutions to the mainstream quicker. Peace/Síocháin

Your email is spot on.
    Dont forget another reason too why theres no refit for small producers...ESB pensions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Your email is spot on.
    Dont forget another reason too why theres no refit for small producers...ESB pensions

Pensions aren’t that great now a days. They only pay in 5% and employee pays in 3%

Advertisement