Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Q School 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Building has been evacuated after a fire alarm went off.

Scotty 2 Hotty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

last 32

Mark McGeeney 5-0 Zak Cross
    Harry Ward 5-3 Jim Williams
    Jamie Hughes (109..8) 5-4 Callan Rydz (98.8)
    Scott Baker (100.1) 5-1 Craig Gilchrist
    Nick Fullwell 5-2 Conan Whitehead

jamie hughes not messing about this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Just seen someone averaged 39 in a game. Really should be banned from the venue. How can you be that bad even if you've never thrown a dart in your life you'd be in the mid 40s?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

peteeeed wrote: »

Would have gone very close to winning BDO champ if he’d stayed another year. He averaged in the mid 120s over 6 legs, last year playing in a European tour qualifier

• Advertisement

Goes to show those big trebles make a big difference.

Harry Ward wins one against mcgeany.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jesus if I got a favourable draw I could win a few rounds in this. Lads with averages in the 40s and 50s for Christ sake. They wouldn't make my pub team.

Isn't it about 400 quid to enter as well? Such a waste of eveyones time and money.

jamie hughes legs to win in last 3 match today

14, 14, 12, 11, 12, 12, 15, 13, 15, 13, 15, 14, 17, 12, 12 darts

• Advertisement

Jamie Hughes will do some damage on the floor this year, expect him to qualify for a few tv events. He was very unlucky to miss out last year.

Don't know anything about Ward, he seemed consistent all day and is young so a good addition.

McGeaney must be sickened. He mightn't play like that now for the rest of the week. May have missed his chance.

Thankfully the likes of John Part, Kevin Painter, Andy Hamilton ect all did failry poor. They'd add nothing to the tour in honesty would just be making up the numbers.

sc86 wrote: »
    jamie hughes legs to win in last 3 match today

14, 14, 12, 11, 12, 12, 15, 13, 15, 13, 15, 14, 17, 12, 12 darts

A 98 average over 42 legs in total. Thats some going.

he was in alot of players champ events etc last year and didnt set world on fire
    be easier for him now with the tour card

sc86 wrote: »
    he was in alot of players champ events etc last year and didnt set world on fire
    be easier for him now with the tour card

Didn't know that, thought it was just the challenge tour he played. Yeah hopefully playing it almost every weekend will help him kick on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

McGeaney must be sickened. He mightn't play like that now for the rest of the week. May have missed his chance.

He's probably done enough to get one on points. Unlikely he'll miss out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

do they actually play a final each day?
    Or are the two semi finals really a 'final' in that the winners get the cards
    Is there money on offer for the winner as well?

boomdocker wrote: »
    do they actually play a final each day?
    Or are the two semi finals really a 'final' in that the winners get the cards
    Is there money on offer for the winner as well?

Play down to the last 2, so the semis is basically 2 finals as you said.

No, its carears on the line instead of prizemoney.

Would love if they streamed a board or two like they do on tour, looked to be some great games today, so much pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Am I the only immature fool that lol'd at john 'Cockburn' .

It’d been funny if Dickinson was drawn against Cockburn :)

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Keith Carter got a 49 average today, an improvement on his day 1 average of 39.

Unfortunately for Reece Pearse he followed up his 52 average yesterday with a 47 average today.

Unfortunately for Reece Pearse he followed up his 52 average yesterday with a 47 average today.

That’s a joke, they should really introduce some sort of threshold to stop the darts day tourists entering!

TbL

• Advertisement

i think if you've got £450 you can enter

peteeeed wrote: »
    i think if you've got £450 you can enter

Yes, it’s actually a joke and mockery and probably feckin annoying for the lads that can actually throw

Needs to be changed

TbL

So I pony up 450 lids might never have thrown a dart in my life and I could play Durrant.

Farcical really

TbL

Scott Waites knocked out already.

So I pony up 450 lids might never have thrown a dart in my life and I could play Durrant.

Farcical really

TbL

sterling :)

Durrant out again
    Lost 5 - 4 to some nobody

Getting a bit tense now for Durrant.

I wonder is the pressure getting to him. He had a reputation for bottling years ago but I thought he was well over that at this stage.

Somebody with his talent should be getting a card, he just needs to relax and let it flow.

Getting a bit tense now for Durrant.

I wonder is the pressure getting to him. He had a reputation for bottling years ago but I thought he was well over that at this stage.

Somebody with his talent should be getting a card, he just needs to relax and let it flow.

His averages and scoring today were very bad
    Yesterday 1 good game
    2 points from 2 days is very poor
    Scott waites not much better

• Advertisement

Tony Green tells a story of a Canadian averaging 12 at the first World Championships.

Must have been hitting all 5s and 1s .

Advertisement