Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trucking general chat - was Forum/Sub-forum proposal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Aska wrote: »
    Lidl mullingar would depress you to no end, tip yourself is managable but then pull around the front of the building and wait for your number to be put up on the board to let you know your paper is ready. I had 13 pallets yesterday morning and the guy was checking them as I unloaded and I still sat out for for an extra 1hr 10mins before my papers were signed

Charleville is as bad. Happened a few times I was there for 6 am and no bay till 12 30. You'd be in no form to pull out 33 pallets after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,028 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What's the fine or points for no seat belt on in a lorry. Is it any different than a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

whelan2 wrote: »
    What's the fine or points for no seat belt on in a lorry. Is it any different than a car?

Apparently 3 points & a €90 fine. Be it car or goods vehicle.

Lidl mullingar would depress you to no end, tip yourself is managable but then pull around the front of the building and wait for your number to be put up on the board to let you know your paper is ready. I had 13 pallets yesterday morning and the guy was checking them as I unloaded and I still sat out for for an extra 1hr 10mins before my papers were signed

I briefly did a multi drop role to Dunnes, never again. Had to put up with that rubbish as well, they think drivers have nothing better to be doing other than what they want. Supermarkets see drivers as slaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,028 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Apparently 3 points & a €90 fine. Be it car or goods vehicle.

How long do the points stay on your licence?

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    How long do the points stay on your licence?

3 years from the date they are applied.

i.e January 1st 2019 to December 31st 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Supermarkets see drivers as slaves.

Drivers and the haulier are the biggest fools here, I personally don't know if Aldi or Lidl pay any extra to the actual haulier for delievery but drivers unloading themselves in both the above (can only speak for the RDCs not shops) has to stop.

Hackers and drivers get not one cent extra for unloading and then get treated like ****e while awaiting paperwork and it's you who is saving them money so they dont have to employ people to unload the trucks

Drivers and the haulier are the biggest fools here, I personally don't know if Aldi or Lidl pay any extra to the actual haulier for delievery but drivers unloading themselves in both the above (can only speak for the RDCs not shops) has to stop.

Hackers and drivers get not one cent extra for unloading and then get treated like ****e while awaiting paperwork and it's you who is saving them money so they dont have to employ people to unload the trucks

I’m aware of drivers who work fir the haulier who in turn has a contract for both Lidl/Aldi.

Drivers turn up at RDC’s and load the vehicle themselves, with Lidl having to go to 2/3 separate bays to load different the various products themselves. Then off to the store where again the driver must unload the truck, whether staff check off the product I don’t know.

Two runs and 12/13 hour days are the norm apparently, 2 artic loads is no small job especially if they are being checked off, and the driver must wait.

Aidan Doherty Transport who do these pay €120 per day shift and €130 per night shift, all before tax.

I went out for a day with this company to see if the job was for me, I ran for the hills as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

I’m aware of drivers who work fir the haulier who in turn has a contract for both Lidl/Aldi.

Drivers turn up at RDC’s and load the vehicle themselves, with Lidl having to go to 2/3 separate bays to load different the various products themselves. Then off to the store where again the driver must unload the truck, whether staff check off the product I don’t know.

Two runs and 12/13 hour days are the norm apparently, 2 artic loads is no small job especially if they are being checked off, and the driver must wait.

Aidan Doherty Transport who do these pay €120 per day shift and €130 per night shift, all before tax.

I went out for a day with this company to see if the job was for me, I ran for the hills as quickly as possible.
    no wonder there always looking for drivers. I’d get 120 to 130 a day on a topper with no manual work.

no wonder there always looking for drivers. I’d get 120 to 130 a day on a topper with no manual work.

Labouring jobs in the trucking game will always have a high turn over, i done tour work in the coach industry from April to October, i had nice fat envelopes at the end of it all and the most i did was assist my passengers with their luggage. Trucking is a mugs game sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Out of the two I'd pick aldi any day of the week. Mitchelstown anyway. 9 times Out of 10 you get a bay right away and the wait for the paperwork isn't so bad. Still hour to an hour and a half barrier to barrier.

As far as the physical labour go's in the job it has to be something your into. This multi drop s*** I couldn't do it but then other lads wouldn't do what I'm at.

As nice and all as a fat envelope sounds at the end of tourist season sounds. I couldn't drive a coach I hate people that's why I drive a truck😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,029 ✭✭✭✭neris

Good podcast yesterday from eamonn Dunphy with verona Murphy from the irha on brexit. She seems to be the only one in this country on the media who seems to know how bad this while farce is going to be if it goes ahead. It's already affecting certain sectors of the haulage industry

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Labouring jobs in the trucking game will always have a high turn over, i done tour work in the coach industry from April to October, i had nice fat envelopes at the end of it all and the most i did was assist my passengers with their luggage. Trucking is a mugs game sadly.
    Hence y I jacked it and never went back in the new yr. I’m back in construction now set hrs and more money. Better terms and conditions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Anyone know who does CPC courses week days in co wexford ,can only find week ends.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Anyone know who does CPC courses week days in co wexford ,can only find week ends.

Did you try CPC.ie? they are in all different parts of the country doing the courses.

Did you try CPC.ie? they are in all different parts of the country doing the courses.

Yes, week ends only in co wexford.

If friday evening was ok for you, PJ murphy runs in Gorey and cuts out the whole full day sat BS.

If friday evening was ok for you, PJ murphy runs on around Gorey for about 4hrs approx (bout 6-10.30pm) and cuts out the whole full day sat BS.
    That sounds good,its a long boring day otherwise,thanks.

Sorry its PJ Murphy, look em up there, the craic does be mighty.... and it's upstairs in a pub so get someone to drop you off and you wont see the time going !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

SCOOP 64 wrote:

If friday evening was ok for you, PJ murphy runs on around Gorey for about 4hrs approx (bout 6-10.30pm) and cuts out the whole full day sat BS.
    Does the Cpc course not have to be at least 7 hours?

• Advertisement

You sign a form declaring that it has, at least with any provider i've done it with.

Yea it does. I also remember when it came out first and they screwes up hard with a 99euro charge per course then competition arrive and the price dropped over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Yes and evening classes have to start at 4pm at the latest afaik. Some of the above posts should be edited so as not to get anyone in bother.

Has anyone ever done an evening class? I couldn’t imagine being stuck in until midnight doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Has anyone ever done an evening class? I couldn’t imagine being stuck in until midnight doing it.

I never done a night one but the one I done the year before last had mostly night drivers on it. The rsa inspector turned up for the 2nd half and sat in the corner watching the procedings.

The tables were layer out in a big u shape and the instructor had to keep walking around the inside of the u and stand on some of the lads feet to wake them up.

Well spent time and money.

Not

Hope someone can clear this up , i have a UK licence with C1, if i change to a Irish Licence will this just transfer over or will i have to re test for C1 ?, was told by someone i would have to sit test again, thought i would only need medical for C1 licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There's a good thread on this topic in the Motors forum.

Apparently, if the C1 was granted automatically in the UK, you will have to do a test and get a medical cert to keep it.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    There's a good thread on this topic in the Motors forum.

Apparently, if the C1 was granted automatically in the UK, you will have to do a test and get a medical cert to keep it.

Thats bad news my one was automatic ,old licence, will hold on to UK one as long as possible ,need it for job.

Advertisement