Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Boys for Life

• 10-05-2018 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭

Bad Boys Bad Boys what you gonna do...Get out the zimmer frames.
    Sony Pictures Entertainment has just dated two of its more high-profile films. The first is Bad Boys for Life, the action comedy directed by Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah that reunites the team of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence with Jerry Bruckheimer for another round of action. That one has been slated for Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend on Jan. 17, 2020.

Bad Boys for Life releases on the same date as and . The original Bad Boys which launched Will Smith as internationally known star, bowed in April 1995 while the second in the franchise was released in July of 2003. Sony is hoping to catch box office magic on the new installment. The first two together grossed $314.7M worldwide.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/bad-boys-for-life-will-smith-martin-lawrence-tom-hanks-you-are-my-friend-release-dates-sony-1202386904/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Bad Boys for Life title should be saved for the fourth film and renamed Bad Boys 4 Life

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First day of filming.

49601129_1182538641896749_1807879628617650709_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk1NTk4NjkzOTYyMjgwMjQyNA%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

For me, Will Smith is like Bono. I don't want to know, and I wish he'd just go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    For me, Will Smith is like Bono. I don't want to know, and I wish he'd just go away.

Two of my fave 'watch again' movies.

Cant wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

So long as it has an "R" or 16/17's i am in, if its 12's to appeal to young snowflakes then see ya later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Jesus. It'll either be R rated or it won't. What's "snowflake" got to do with that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nobody’s talking about the real story here, and that’s the affront to decency that is replacing the letter ‘e’ with the number ‘3’.

Such outrageous actions should not go unregulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,193 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nobody’s talking about the real story here, and that’s the affront to decency that is replacing the letter ‘e’ with the number ‘3’.

That's why they're Bad Boys. They don't play by your rules.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Penn wrote: »
    That's why they're Bad Boys. They don't play by your rules.

They’re 2 Bad 2 Boys, quite frankly.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Jesus. It'll either be R rated or it won't. What's "snowflake" got to do with that?

The need for a studio to bow to the pressure of the snowflake and produce a family friendly, non-swearing, violence-free ****show :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭brevity

Setting themselves up for B4d Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

BrookieD wrote: »
    The need for a studio to bow to the pressure of the snowflake and produce a family friendly, non-swearing, violence-free ****show :rolleyes:

I think that narrative is getting a bit old-hat at this stage tbh. Nobody's more triggered these days than the butt-hurt "anti-PC-brigade" when they don't get the manly men stuff they think they're so entitled to.

Not that I'd want (or expect) a PG-13 Bad Boys movie. That'd be dumb.

What pressure? Is there some sustained anti Bad Boys campaign? Sounds like you’ve just manufactured an outrage tbh.

PG-13 films tend to be solely a commericial decision from studios in a bid to increase the audience - not because of the reaction to any outrage (been a long time since the Christian ‘think of the children’ brigade have had much sway when it comes to Hollywood filmmaking), merely because lower ratings mean more potential audience members and more screens to show it. I mean, it’s often flawed logic in practice (because such films are often hack jobs), but that’s capitalism for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When I opened the thread on the phone I could only see the top bit of the pic. Was thinking "**** me, the 2 lads are looking well" , then I saw the whole pic. Old boys for lif3.

I still want it and I'll still go see it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Bay isn't returning, I see. He's being replaced by the duo who directed Black, which I vaguely remembering seeing at DIFF a few years ago. Romeo and Juliet crossed with City of God as I recall. It was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm really looking forward to Martin Lawrence pretending he's going to be sick, said nobody!

Looks like they are moving from Miami to Atlanta as well.

Goodshape wrote: »
    I think that narrative is getting a bit old-hat at this stage tbh. Nobody's more triggered these days than the butt-hurt "anti-PC-brigade" when they don't get the manly men stuff they think they're so entitled to.

Not that I'd want (or expect) a PG-13 Bad Boys movie. That'd be dumb.

Not about being anti-pc (which i am not) or looking for manly men stuff (whatever that is) but taking a well played out formula and changing it up to suit a demographic in order to try and appease them and try to gain more money for this type of film is just plain wrong..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wasn't even aware this is happening; I guess Martin Lawrence needs a paycheque?

Never even seen Bad Boys 2, 'cos there's only so much Michael Bay a body can put up with. The first film was decent enough though, I always wondered if Don Simpson was the magic formula in keeping Michael Bay relatively restrained; Bad Boys & The Rock almost seem like different beasts compared with the garbage that came later.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Bad Boys was good. Bad Boys 2 not so much (felt like it went on for about 7 hours). Will probably give this a watch.

They missed a trick and should have saved this title for the next film. Bad Boys 4 Life !

• Advertisement

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Bad Boys was good. Bad Boys 2 not so much (felt like it went on for about 7 hours). Will probably give this a watch.

They missed a trick and should have saved this title for the next film. Bad Boys 4 Life !

That's what the one they make in 10/15 years time will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Bad Boys 4eva!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Not about being anti-pc (which i am not) or looking for manly men stuff (whatever that is) but taking a well played out formula and changing it up to suit a demographic in order to try and appease them and try to gain more money for this type of film is just plain wrong..

In that case, the question you should be asking is "How much is the studio relying on Chinese takings for this to be deemed a success?" Because in recent years the increasing importance of Chinese box office, coupled with China's comparatively strict regulations of what foreign films will be allowed licences for distribution, appears to be having an effect on the financial planning of these sorts of productions.

I mean, blame your idea of snowflakes if you want, but it has very little bearing (outside of twits arguing on social media) on the actual decisions that get made...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wasn't even aware this is happening; I guess Martin Lawrence needs a paycheque?

Never even seen Bad Boys 2, 'cos there's only so much Michael Bay a body can put up with. The first film was decent enough though, I always wondered if Don Simpson was the magic formula in keeping Michael Bay relatively restrained; Bad Boys & The Rock almost seem like different beasts compared with the garbage that came later.

I always said it was Jerry Bruckheimer who kept Bay in check but yeah they were two sides of the same coin. Except Don Simpson was insane. Read the book "High Concept" a few years back about him. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Also I don't think it's only Lawrence that needs this. Smith's career has been in free-fall for a while and he looks ridiculous in the new Aladdin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

smurf492 wrote: »
    Bad Boys 4eva!

fingers crossed, the next marvel movie will be Th4r.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bay isn't returning, I see. He's being replaced by the duo who directed Black, which I vaguely remembering seeing at DIFF a few years ago. Romeo and Juliet crossed with City of God as I recall. It was okay.

Who?

I thought Joe Carnahan was writing and directing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who?

I thought Joe Carnahan was writing and directing

No, Carnahan left the film in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Say what you will about Michael Bay, he has a style and approach all of his own, so when others try to copy it the end result comes off wanting and a poor copy. For example, the above trailer; for me it just came off as a limp copy of that hyperactive energy & ludicrous spectacle.

This video essay from the sadly now-ended channel 'Every Frame a Painting' warrants a repost by dint of explanation:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭brevity

Martin Lawrence bringing big momma is a crossover no one expected

Advertisement