Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man: Far From Home [** SPOILERS FROM POST 240 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Looks good.

I like that it's set in Europe instead of space like people suspected. I think it's safe to say this based before the events of Infinity War as well.

Also, I don't think it really counts as a teaser trailer, it's just a full blown trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Spider Man outside of New York just feels ... weird.

And with all the 'splosions action, I worry the low-stakes, neighbourhood aspect is going to be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say this based before the events of Infinity War as well.
    Plot: After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Peter Parker goes on summer vacation to Europe with his friends. While abroad, he
    teams up with Mysterio to battle the Elementals.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Its super weird we have confirmation that at least some of IW has been reversed somehow (Fury, SM not being dust).

Good trailer; looking forward to seeing the movie.

Mysterio look mystical to me - along the lines of Dr Strange. Maybe thats he gig though - making himself appear legit magical through tech.

Any idea on who the baddie (the elemental dude, not mysterio) is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

international trailer is slightly different

https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes/status/1085183791692361728

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Pter wrote: »

Any idea on who the baddie (the elemental dude, not mysterio) is?

Looks to be Hydro and Sandman?

There is a fire dude in there as well (unless its sandman on fire).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm going to go ahead and guess the plot is taking inspiration from The Incredibles, in that Mysterio is creating these monsters so as to be seen fighting them & presumed a hero. His schtick is deception and fakery after all...

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and guess the plot is taking inspiration from The Incredibles, in that Mysterio is creating these monsters so as to be seen fighting them & presumed a hero. His schtick is deception and fakery after all...

but but but the water guy splashes Peter and his hair is wet......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah this is exactly what I'm guessing too. The villains are called The Elementals who in the comics are Immortal beings. Thing is Marvel could be fooling everybody with Mysterio actually being a good guy and the villains being real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hmmmm, I get that there would be no hint as to what happens in Avengers.... but still. its weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Molten Man could be the fire villain. He is a classic Spidey villain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Molten Man could be the fire villain. He is a classic Spidey villain
    In the comics, the Elementals are

• Hydron, the lord of the waters
    • Mangum the master of the earth
    • Hellfire the wielder of flame
    • Zephyr the mistress of the winds
    But Hydro Man could easily be the water villain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What if... the movie is set prior to Infinity wars?

After writing that sentence, i remembered he has a new suit so very doubtful :(

But yeah they should have waited until after the next avengers to show any trailer tbh

I got the same feeling but at the same time there was no chance they weren't bringing Holland's Spiderman back imo. We all knew it was gonna happen...

Are people really that surprised Spider Man is back from the 'dead'?

Nick Fury kinda surprises me sure, but it'll be a cold, cold day in hell when any Studio decides to keep a massively loved character dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

nix wrote: »
    What if... the movie is set prior to Infinity wars?

After writing that sentence, i remembered he has a new suit so very doubtful :(

But yeah they should have waited until after the next avengers to show any trailer tbh

sum theories is this is set before IW and the scene where
    They are on the bus is them actually returing from Europe ???

Yeah fairly annoying going too see Endgame knowing they will all come back somehow

No mention of
    Iron Man/Tony Stark in the trailer so i pressure hes gone for good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Are people really that surprised Spider Man is back from the 'dead'?

No, but it's a little odd to be trailing a movie where he's alive when in-universe he's dead.
    (and the trailer isn't "Spiderman returns from the dead!")

I mean it could be from before IW and they just made a call that that's the lie they tell to not give anything away.

Its either give away both characters return or not tell people this is from before IW.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PTH2009 wrote: »
    sum theories is this is set before IW and the scene where
    They are on the bus is them actually returing from Europe ???

Yeah fairly annoying going too see Endgame knowing they will all come back somehow

No mention of
    Iron Man/Tony Stark in the trailer so i pressure hes gone for good

The synopsis says differently but it would be amazing if you were right. I think I'd love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Surely the fact that there is a Spider Man movie and a third Guardians of the Galaxy is evidence enough that they'll come back somehow in Infinity War

Is there a third GoTG movie? Gunn going was the death of that movie.

Even if there is a third movie, the GoTG roster changed all the time in the books, so some of the characters introduced in GoTG 2 could move into leading roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Surely the fact that there is a Spider Man movie and a third Guardians of the Galaxy is evidence enough that they'll come back somehow in Infinity War

Of course they're going to, but it would be strange to see a Guardians of the Galaxy trailer that was all about the gang going to find Rocket Raccoon's long-lost twin brother, and the trailer featured Gamora, and no-one in-universe thought it was odd that she was there...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fun trailer.....interested to see how Mysterio is done, jake gyllenhaal is usually fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Obviously. But it would have been nice for them to hold back a little bit before Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trailer didn't do much for me. I don't like the Europe setting and even though I like Mysterio, him and the elementals seem very side story stuff. I really hope they are hiding the big bad until after Endgame.

Spidey being my favourite comic book character and the way marvel are handling the latest iteration, I'm just mad to see how they handle the sinister 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres also rumours that "Fury" could be Chameleon (aka first ever villian Spidey faced way back in his debut Comic appearance)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Also worth noting that marketing on this is controlled by Sony and Not Marvel..
    Could be a little bit of 'this is our movie so screw what ye have planned' in play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Also worth noting that marketing on this is controlled by Sony and Not Marvel..
    Could be a little bit of 'this is our movie so screw what ye have planned' in play
    If that's the case then it doesn't bode well for the future of Spider-Man in the MCU...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Go on The Happy :)

Advertisement